General

General

Categories

1. I think "recommendation" will be a killer feature of the site, even if it doesn't approach the philosophy behind letterboxd (being a social site).
    Moreover now that you are at the beta stage, meaning fewer users, less probability of "friends", the recommendation of a movie based on my most liked movies or the highest rating, it'll be a great way of discovering new movies.
    I know that technically it will very challenging or maybe you have even think about it.

2,949 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    95 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a match button to every profile so you can check immediately if somebody has the same taste as you.

You can use the like and/or rating of a movie to produce a list of similar movies/similar profile or a similar %.

2,316 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    63 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I'd like the option if keeping my account private, like how Twitter handles private accounts.

1,975 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  128 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Besides liking a list, I think it would be nice if you can follow a list. Some lists will change or grow over time and it would be nice if people get a notification in their activity of it when they choose to follow a list.

1,403 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  58 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Seems like a natural addition. Website keeps growing. Why not expand to add television shows? Have them as a separate category so they don't mix in with film ratings?

1,320 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    73 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The ability to list one's favorite films is great, especially when sharing preferences with friends; the opportunity to list favorite actors would be just as convenient. Adding a "favorite actors" category to a users profile page would be a fairly simple change that could really add a lot of personality to each account.

1,119 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  34 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow a list being 'open' which then users can follow a list and add films to it. This will result in much more list activity and complete film lists.

Take for example http://letterboxd.com/pablos/list/special-powers/. I can easily add 10 more movies without any effort to make the list more complete.

Optional: to demotivate abuse, submitted films must be allowed by the list owner before being added.

1,066 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    66 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I imagine some kind of inbox or notification system where you can receive suggests from your friends. The film menu you see on mouse over can get an extra option "Suggest to friend..."

1,032 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable users to create groups they can join, such as "Filmspotting fans," "365 Movies in 365 Days" or groups by location, etc. sort of like Facebook groups.

939 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  43 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I often find that I want to list things other than films. It would be great if I could create a list of, for example, the Best Directors. Or list my Favourite Japanese Actresses. Or make a list of popular Animation Studios.

699 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  35 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Recently, a lot of sexploitation and other classic exploitation and cult films have been removed from Letterboxd because someone on TMDB has been marking them as Adult. I think that the process of importing titles needs to be rethought, because it is drastically affecting my abilities to keep track of my lists and reviews, and it really hurts to see titles disappear after I have put effort into writing reviews and managing lists.

Something really needs to be done about this, because this has continued to be an issue since I first started using the site, and so far there…

622 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    133 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. After obsessively adding/sorting/erasing/rewriting tags, I had a few suggestions I thought might improve their general function. I'm aware that some of these ideas might be impossibly complicated to implement, so this is more of a dream wish list:

• Tag Editing: Rather than only create or delete tags, enable an editing function. It'd make things easier for correcting spelling errors or reclassifying tags that have been used hundreds of times.

• Tag Folders: Allow users to subdivide tags into separate groups if they see fit. For example, I might discretely classify certain tags as 'genre', 'mood', 'actors', or 'miscellaneous', retaining 'all' as…

517 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    47 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When you watch a movie in Plex it marks it as watched here and at the end, it gives you an option to review/rate it which shows up here and that you can toggle on or off.

Just a thought, but not sure whether it's possible or not. Seems likely and it'd certainly urge me to permanently use the service.

Stunning work so far! Keep it up.

408 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Pull our movie viewing history from Trakt into Letterboxd. Maybe also sync our ratings and/or reviews between the services...

387 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 368 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    29 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. For example, you could have
    1. Citizen Kane
    2. The Godfather
    2. The Godfather Part II
    3. Blade Runner

This shows that the two are considered to be equal on the list and doesn't mess up the numbering for the rest of the list.

361 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. In the 'films' section of your profile you can order your films by popularity, could it be possible to integrate this function into the 'watchlist'. Tis could be handy for days you have no inspiration on what to watch.?

315 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    41 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. As with other "logging" sites badges would be nice. These badges add a bit of fun and competition to the movie watching experience. These could be badges about the content (Having watched all movies by Hitchcock, Having Watched Every Start Trek Movie...) about the amount (You have watched more then 100 movies this month, You have watched more than 1000 movies in total) or about the topic (Sci-Fi badge for watching at least 25 sci-fi movies and such things). I think it would be nice.

301 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I'd love for letterboxd to have an xbmc plugin (www.xbmc.org) which would allow to import your movie collection as well as collect seen/unseen data automatically. The option to rate a movie aftter watching it could be added too! Take a look at www.trakt.tv they have such a plugin and i think it would be awesome if letterboxd had something similar! Thanks
    PS I`m typing this from my couch, in font of my win7/xbmc htpc powered home theater ;)

276 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. It would be very nice if you could have collaborative movie lists like Spotify does with their playlists. Or if there was some sort of group page feature where u and other people in the group could also make recommendations postings to each other or something similar.

268 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 207 208
  • Don't see your idea?