General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Why did you remove the friends activity from the front page?

I don't give a fuck about what random people watched and how they rated it, I liked seeing what my friends watched recently,
    now I have to go to a different page with a crappy design to do that,
    why would you do that, I doubt anyone cares about strangers over his friends.

and even if you did want to show us strangers, why remove the friends activity feed from the front page at all?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We haven’t removed any functions in this respect. Please check that you’re signed in, and that your friends have some recent activity for us to display.

If you’re still having trouble, please send screenshots of what you’re seeing to help@letterboxd.com.

2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I cannot buy premium membership.

I cannot buy premium membership because PayPal is forbidden in my country. Why can't we purchase with a credit card.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The movie poster for Stockholm (2019) is not correct and is some bootleg poster off the internet.

Please use the correct official poster for the film. As a producer, I can provide the proper poster via a link or email if required. The correct one is used on imdb and most other sites.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Documental

No está el documental argentino "El camino de Santiago" de Tristán Bauer. Lo he visto el año pasado y lo quise marcar como visto pero no figura en el catálogo. Lo podrían agregar?
    Muchas gracias!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Replace Gowatchit with Justwatch

It's been 5 months and Gowatchit still lists Filmstruck/Filmstruck+Criterion as one of the service providers. The Criterion channel has not been added. It does not include Hoopla, Kanopy, TubiTV, the Roku channel or IMDB Freedive (perhaps because they are free or free with a library card?). It also lists films as available although what is available is just something with a similar title. Justwatch is much more accurate, useful and is updated constantly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I want to support various languages on this site.

I want to support various languages on this site.
    I love this website and the Android app. However, I feel inconvenience because I do not have various language support. I hope Korean support of the movie title. If you can do me a favor, Please.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Optional Rating Systems

I would like the option of changing the rating system from 5 star (with half-star increments) to another system. For example, a 100 point system, or 10 star with half-star increments, or 10 points/stars with tenths increments, or 5 points/stars with tenths increments (like the rating bar graph).

This could be an option in the settings.

Having multiple options for ratings would be nice for those of us with many films rated. It allows for the order of films to better reflect our opinion.

The back-end system could be the same for the website's purposes. That is to say all…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Search films with more than a given number of ratings

Searching films by rating is pretty useful.
    The problem is there is no way to limit the film's number of ratings, so we are limited to have to manually filter high rated films which only have like a dozen or so ratings.
    It would be helpful to have a feature where one could limit the film's minimum popularity.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Be able to see peoples ratings by largest difference with average rating

It's always nice to get an idea of peoples taste by seeing were they disagree with the status quo on a film and it would be cool if we could sort peoples ratings by how much the deviate from the standard rating.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Popoular in Letterboxd

In the browser website I would rather see "popular in Letterboxd" than "Popular with friends". I don't have many friends on this great social media so it doesn't mean a lot to see what's popular with them once I can see the "new from friends".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Top 250 lists - "she" and "he"

Letterboxd crew, could we get a (semi-regularly updated?) Top 250 Films on Letterboxd list based on average rating - and - divided by sex as well? Since us normal folk don't have access to that data, I don't see any way to make that kind of list myself, but I sure am curious about it!

Thanks for all y'all do! Letterboxd has really enhanced my life in a meaningful way.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add this film:

There's a film that exists but I can't find it on your website - perhaps it hasn't been added (it's on IMDb, though).

It's called Wild Prairie Rose (2016), directed by Deborah LaVine. I hope to see it on Letterboxd one day!

Link: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5330986/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Be able to see how many films I've logged/seen

I love making lists and being precise in what I do, and I think it would be a fun feature to view how many films you've logged in total, just to get a gist. I could understand if that would be unavailable on iOS, but website could be manageable

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Filter list by Studio

Allow the filtering of a list by Studio. That way, the list could be filtered for things like "Disney", "Universal Studios", "Touchstone", etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Check mail and reply to users

Why is there an option to contact you via app and mail also (both which I did) if there is not an answer to a s rather simple yes/no question?!?!?

First I send a question via app and two days later mailed you. It has been 5 days after contacting you via app and 3 days after sending you a mail and still not a word from you??

I had my reviews deleted by a third party who got access to my computer. Is there any possibility to bring those back? Please answer I will provide any necesary details needed.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A more direct way to view my own reviews

I wish there was a more direct way to call up my own review when I've clicked onto a movie's page. As it is now, and correct me if I'm wrong, I can only immediately see my star review and then 'edit' my current review if I want to see it–but it makes me a little nervous because I don't want to actually /edit/ it, I just want to read it and perhaps see the comments on it.

I know if I click through 'friends reviews' then I can sort by showing mine with that, but it's a little annoying…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. How to add movie sinopsis and actor biography?

I added a movie to letterboxd (Woody, o assassino) and I want to know how to add the movie sinopsis and actors biography to letterboxd, because I already created the biography of the actors and the synopsis of the movie eleven days ago and still did not appear in letterboxd, what can I do?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add a movie to a list when you log it

I'd like to be able to add a movie to a list at the same time I'm logging it and rating it. I do a movie night every week and keep track of the movies that were brought and would just be nice to have the "add to list" as an option right there. thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base