General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. iOS app has constant list loading errors

I get errors almost whenever I use this app, today is bad, usually various errors for “error loading list” such as when loading a list, filtering a list, editing a list, general searching or loading a film. Its super annoying if I’m editing a list etc and it hasn’t saved. Anyways, I’m not sure why, but I see a lot of iOS errors, please fix, thanks

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  iOS app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Push notifications for favorite users

It would be a useful feature to allow a user to turn on push notifications for there favorite users, so they can always see their reviews!

This feature would be none-intrusive as they could be turned on/off

It would look as follows, somewhere on a users profile:

Turn on push notifications?
    O When a review is published
    O Commented on one my Reviews

The list is subject to anything really!

Best regards

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iOS app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Letterboxd im deutschen AppStore

Letterboxd im deutschen AppStore! Das wäre super!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make it easier to scroll the comment section for mobile users

Very frequently do I use the Letterboxd iOS app, and when looking at movie reviews or lists with large comment sections I find the scrolling required to reach the newest material extremely inconvenient. On desktop it shows the newest comments first to make this easy, but on mobile I just have to swipe for what seems like forever.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Let us add more than one movie in a search at a time.

It would be great to be able to add multiple movies to my list at once within a single search. For instance, right now, if you search Mission Impossible, you have to retype that 6 separate times and add each MI movie individually. Or if you search Pixar, you have to tap on each movie, Save it, then retype Pixar and repeat for every Pixar movie you want to add. If I could search Pixar, then scroll through the entire search results, saving movies as I go without having to re-search Pixar each time, that would save a ton of…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Award winners

Add a tab in the movie page (People, Likes, Reviews, Lists and Awards) in which we can see the awards that the movie has won

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Video Games

I think it would be really cool to add video games onto the app, i’ve noticed some tv shows are on there so adding video games would be pretty cool too. Maybe there could be tabs for ‘films’, ‘tv shows’ and ‘video games’ or something to make it easier to navigate. I’ve just played a lot of good games recently and would like to express my opinions somewhere that works as well as letterboxd does.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make it so it is possibly to make diary entries private.

When I first started using Letterboxd I would write dumb throw away reviews that don’t really say anything about the film, well I’d like to make it so I am the only one who can see them. I want to be able to write more serious stuff but I feel like it’s hard to do that when I have so many dumb throw away reviews from before. I think an option to make diary entries private would be vary helpful.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. rename "Recent Activity" since it is actually showing the Diary.

I'm sorry but from a usability standpoint the labels on profiles just really throw me off. The carousel titled "Recent Activity" doesn't show your actual Activity, it only shows your Diary. So the link underneath it ("More activity") that links to your actual Activity doesn't make sense because it's linking to something completely different from what's shown right above it. Please rename the "Recent Activity" carousel to reflect the fact that it's actually the Diary, then switch the placement of the "More activity" and "Diary" links. It's a point of minor frustration to constantly have to remember the difference between…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Browse by country

I’d like the option to be able to browse by country in the search/browse by section on the iPhone app. As a way to more easily find films from different countries. The more countries the better!!!!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add more photos and possibly an in-app trailer viewer to the films listed

I think it would be very helpful especially because it would save a trip to google to look up more details about the film. Also, potentially a view in browser button to see the film on google.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Different color to see our personal rating

First of all, i'm sorry for my bad english ! I'm a french user and I would like to share an idea, it could be useful I think ^^
    On the IOS app, If I want to see my rating for a movie, I have to click on the "...". It's not that long, but I think it would be more useful if our personal rating was visible directly on the front page, like in the user's average rating, do you know what I mean ? Maybe a different color for our personal rating, or maybe a brighter star.
    DIfferent…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  iOS app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. where to watch

Maybe a little naughty. But there is an app i use called JustWatch. It allows you to see what movies have been added to a streaming service (Netflix, Prime Video, Shudder, Now TV, etc.) it's updated everyday.

Also, when searching for a movie it will show you what service you can stream it from or even where you can buy it and how much.

Just some ideas :)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Barcode scanner

Would it be possible to use for example the Amazon API to enable scanning of DVD or Blu Ray barcodes in order to add films to the 'watched' list quickly? Currently I have to manually search for all the films I have on DVD, whereas scanning them with my phone could be much quicker. I'm not sure if it's possible to scan a barcode (as opposed to a QR code) on a phone camera, but it seems plausible?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. iOS App Not Available in US?

Is Letterboxd no longer available on iOS? I suggested a friend download the app today. They followed the link provided from the Letterboxd site. When it opened the App Store they were prompted that this item was no longer available in the US. Do you have any news on this?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Our iOS app is temporarily out of the store, as it contravened Apple’s policies by allowing Pro upgrades via its web views, without offering in-app purchase upgrade options. We have submitted an update to Apple that removes the web view links, and are waiting for them to review it.

17. Tell how many hours worth of movies you’ve watched

Add up total hours of minutes a user has seen and have it displayed on their profile

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Personal dvd collection in “Where to watch”

I get that I can just make a list of my dvd collection, but I want to be able to cross reference title from a list with my collection to know if I own anything on it. When I come across a list of say every film directed by a certain director I’m able to only see ones from my Watchlist and which ones are streaming on a selected service but it would be most helpful if I could see which ones I own. Especially if my friends could do this with my collection. It could be an account setting…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Include ‘date unknown’ option

Absolutely love this App - brilliant. Been looking out for an App like this for years. I’m currently in the process of transferring my film information into the App. However, I don’t know a lot of dates I watched films from years ago. The App won’t allow you to insert a film without a date. So having a ‘date unknown’ option would be great. Do you have any plans to consider this? Thanks. Steve

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please insert function translate reviews other language 🙏👌

Please insert function translate reviews other language 🙏👌

4 votes
    Vote