General

General

Categories

1. Seems like a natural addition. Website keeps growing. Why not expand to add television shows? Have them as a separate category so they don't mix in with film ratings?

1,026 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    50 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hello. Over the past few months I've noticed some huge inconsistencies in your system of choosing what is considered a "film" and allowed to stay on the database. This all started when I tried to add "Falsettos (2017)" as one of my 4 favorites on my profile, only to find that I wasn't able to as it had been removed from the database. I emailed you guys and the answer I received was "Falsettos is technically not eligible for a page as it's both a Broadway musical and an episode of a TV series".

Here are some reasons why I…

178 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. It would be nice to have to option to sort films by more precise lengths like a sliding bar where you would set a minimum length and maximum length e.g. 75 min - 100 min films only

102 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. There’s a new chilean miniserie that premiered today on Amazon Prime Video. It’s called “La Jauría”, please add it soon as possible on the app, here’s the link of the show in tmdb: https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/104819-la-jauria

73 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Similar to how you can follow artists and bands on Spotify. It would be nice if we could follow our favorite actors, directors etc, and also have a "favorite actors", "favorite directors" and so on as we do with top four favorite movies on our profile page.

73 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Why is Big Little Lies still on Letterboxd? It was originally intended to be a mini-series but it no longer is.

70 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I understand you have chosen not to include TV-series in Letterboxd. Although I have yet to find a reasoning for this decision. Not in the FAQ nor here. Is there a logical reasoning behind the decision to leave out TV-series or is it simply not what Letterboxd is supposed to be?

Cheers, a happy user

69 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'm happy to see there's a shuffle option on my watchlist but I would use it a lot more on other people's lists.

There are a lot of great lists out there for people to randomly pick a movie from - at the moment, you have to generate a random number on an external site (let's say film number 456 out of 5,000) to decide what to watch.

There's also lists like "Currently on MUBI UK" or "Movies on Amazon Prime" etc., I'd use it for those types of lists as well. Thanks!

58 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Me and several other users I know would love it if there was a separate section for TV shows. We love the app and just want to spend more time using it and discovering new shows.

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I love the website and app and I pay for a membership to support it. There are so many highly upvoted suggestions that have been treated with radio silence for years. They're often discussed on the Letterboxd subreddit too. The Letterboxd News blog is more of a film blog which can be fun, but it would be great to get some insight about the platform itself and what's in the pipeline.

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hello, I have noticed that in TMDB there is an entry for Hermanos y Detectives, an Argentine miniseries from 2006 (not to be confused with the spanish series with the same name), but it is not in the Letterboxd catalog, something that should be corrected since it meets all the conditions to be added to Letterboxd. This has only one season and is not classified as a series, so it should be uploaded. I attach the link to the entry in TMDB:
    https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/78584-votos-0-tu-puntuacion-hermanos-y-detectives

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hi, I noticed that you have added "Okupas" to Letterboxd but without a poster at the entry in the catalog, could you add it? Now I am attaching the TMDb link of Okupas where there is a poster of the miniseries:
    https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/60549-okupas

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. You should be able to privately share one of your lists with select users but not make it fully Public.

I want to make a list of movies to recommend to a friend but I don’t want anyone and everyone to have access to see it.

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Patron profiles should be able to change their backdrops to a film they don't have in their favorite list. Customizing profiles is a big thing, but people rarely get a new favorite movie. Placing a movie you only think is okay on your number 1 spot because of a nicer backdrop seems very impractical.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I think it would be such a nice feature to see the total runtime of a list consisting of multiple movies. Lets say you've organized a watchlist for the coming months, and at the side of the list you could see the total hours and minutes it will take you to finish said list. Also the same feature would be nice on your watchlist too. So you can see how many hours of movies you have there.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. If you created a ROKU App that was highly integrated into the ROKU system, Letterboxd would take it's practicality, social, and usefulness to a new level. I could see a ROKU app that would allow the ROKU user to view, create, edit lists, rank movies and link movie selections to actual streaming services loaded on their ROKU players.

I suspect there may even be revenue share possibilities when movies are purchased and played via linked selections.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Letterboxd is great and just as important to me as any other social network--so I'd love to highlight that on my personal website, which I run through Squarespace, as do so many other filmmakers who use Letterboxd. The issue, however, is that the social media icon bar on my website only displays a generic link icon for my Letterboxd profile, and not one of the much more specific social decals. It would be great to integrate better with Squarespace so that all Squarespace users who want to direct traffic to Letterboxd can do so.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Maybe make a letterboxd for video games? I love using this site to keep track of movies, so why not just make one for video games as well? Or find some way to implement it in the current site.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I would love to see an app from the Letterboxd team that was a tv tracker (similar to TV Club on iOS) that had social components similar to Letterboxd. I’d like to list the shows I’m watching and mark off when I’ve watched episodes. Then I want to be able to review and rate the episode. I want it to be that I can’t see my friends’ reviews or ratings of the episodes until I’ve marked that episode as marked, so I never get hit with a spoiler. I want to be able to see if a friend watched an…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I agree with not adding video games, books, or music, but I do believe that TV series should be represented on here. Obviously TV shows rival some of the best films in terms of storytelling and technique, and now the boundaries created by distribution are also not clear.

That said, I understand it would be a big task and I am not sure how you would handle shows that do not have discrete Seasons. Perhaps there are some criteria that could created to limit the show to the ones people are actually looking to add. (I want to add "The…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 40 41
  • Don't see your idea?