General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add TV shows?

Seems like a natural addition. Website keeps growing. Why not expand to add television shows? Have them as a separate category so they don't mix in with film ratings?

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Follow actors/directors/etc and add to profile page

Similar to how you can follow artists and bands on Spotify. It would be nice if we could follow our favorite actors, directors etc, and also have a "favorite actors", "favorite directors" and so on as we do with top four favorite movies on our profile page.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. TV-Series

I understand you have chosen not to include TV-series in Letterboxd. Although I have yet to find a reasoning for this decision. Not in the FAQ nor here. Is there a logical reasoning behind the decision to leave out TV-series or is it simply not what Letterboxd is supposed to be?

Cheers, a happy user

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. notify when a new movie from my watchlist is released

I would like to get notified on new releases from my watchlist

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. PRIVACY FEATURES

Why are there still hardly any privacy features on your site? Why can’t we choose to turn comments on or off on reviews? Why can’t we choose to turn likes on or off on reviews? Why can’t we post private reviews? Why can’t we have private profiles? Oh it’s because of some caching issues right? Lol, come on, stop using such a flimsy excuse. Websites 10 years ago had these features. So many good people end up leaving because they don’t want to interact with your toxic offence-whore user base. Sort it out? Nah because of cache issues.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Custom backdrops for Patron profiles

Patron profiles should be able to change their backdrops to a film they don't have in their favorite list. Customizing profiles is a big thing, but people rarely get a new favorite movie. Placing a movie you only think is okay on your number 1 spot because of a nicer backdrop seems very impractical.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Little bug

The "Films" section in my profile was at 680 or so and now it says I have 654 films watched. Just like that, from one day to another. It happened both in the website and in the iOS app.

It's a small bug but now it's impossible for me to find the missing movies and :(

Just thought you should check that! Thanks :)

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. language

Translate the website to different languages. I see a lot of brazilians and lots of other people writing reviews in english just because the site is exclusively in this language.

Letterboxd has a considerable amout of users outside the English-language world and they should be aknowledged with translations for the website.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow us to review TV Shows as well as films!

I just watched The Bodyguard on Netflix and really wanted to review it. However slowly realised that TV Shows (other than GOT are not on Letterboxd! This would be a very exciting feature so I can have a list of everything I watch. Thank you.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. TMDb import is missing backdrop

Hi, I imported my film (TMDb ID: 532440) into Letterboxd a few month back, but for some reason the backdrop image from TMDb isn’t showing up as the backdrop for the film on Letterboxd.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Adding a Statistics Section

I have tracked so many movies that I have watched, but I am not a Pro user. It would be very great and I would be very appreciative if this statistics option was available for Non-Pro users. I speak for all of us whom are on budget and do not want to purchase the Pro Feature as of yet due to personal reasons. But us movie lovers still want to receive the Statistics.

It would be great if it were to be condensed at least showing less stuff then the Pro Users, but we wanna see number of hours. For…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Include ID as column in exports

Without this, the exports are basically useless for anything other than re-importing to Letterboxd. Including the TMDb ID in a column would be a simple change and a huge win for giving users control of their own data.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Hello, could you add these miniseries to the database?

https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/75208-devilman-crybaby
    (This used to be on LB but was removed for some reason. It’s listed as a miniseries on Wikipedia and Netflix but if it’s against LB rules for some other reason that’s cool.)

https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/42882-bubblegum-crisis

https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/71216

Also, is there any less bothersome way to suggest miniseries additions?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When you block someone, you should NEVER have to see their account. Ever.

When I block someone, I want them GONE. Out of my feed, out of my followers' reviews, everything. I don't want to have to see their profile pop up under any circumstance. I have incredible anxiety and seeing a user that I've blocked for numerous reasons still show up in my feed is incredibly anxiety-inducing. I've debated leaving the site because of how much of a problem this is, and how seeing their profile makes me feel very bad thoughts that I don't want to feel. (not suicidal ones, just angry ones)

Seeing the "three dots" thing in place of…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Include TV shows

Me and several other users I know would love it if there was a separate section for TV shows. We love the app and just want to spend more time using it and discovering new shows.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add Seasons of Television Series

I agree with not adding video games, books, or music, but I do believe that TV series should be represented on here. Obviously TV shows rival some of the best films in terms of storytelling and technique, and now the boundaries created by distribution are also not clear.

That said, I understand it would be a big task and I am not sure how you would handle shows that do not have discrete Seasons. Perhaps there are some criteria that could created to limit the show to the ones people are actually looking to add. (I want to add "The…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Database problem

Sorry, I didn't fany the help channel/message board any more, the "help"-link on the page redirects only to the "welcome"-page...

My problem: the letterboxd database deleted just over 100 of my watched films from my "watched"-List, and I don't see how that has happened. Two days ago, I was around 1,930 films, now I'm at 1,815...

This thing happened before a while ago, but not with so many films like now... it's really annoying.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Have a quick view on watched films

I know you can filter (on some pages) out the films you've marked as watched. But I'd be keen to see a view on the films I've watched, without having to go in and check if I've mark d them already. E.g. If I've searched by author and it shows me I've seen 39% of their films, it'd be awesome to see (say a small green triangle in the corner) which ones are the watched ones.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. wordpress widget showing diary

I've seen other topics on this, but I'm wondering if there have been any developments on making a widget for the sidebars/footers of Wordpress websites? Personally I would love to have a widget showing the latest entries of the diary or something similar.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add an option to log that you watched a movie with another user

Since letterboxd is all about sharing film with friends, there should be an option to log who you watched a certain movie with. For example, yesterday I saw a movie with a friend who is also a user, we both logged it and reviewed it. It would be really interesting if these reviews were linked somehow. There could even be a category in your yearly user charts where you can see which user you watched the most films with.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base