General

General

Categories

1. I understand that you need funding, but please - oh please - stop the video popups in the bottom right corner. I'm not even against video ads in dedicated spots in the pages, but the popup COVERS YOUR CONTENT. And it is also anathema to many accessibility guidelines that I know you know since the site is overall very well designed.

The video popup covers content, reappears relentlessly no matter how often a user closes it, and repeats the same ad over and over. Also, accessibility nightmare, hello?

If you need money that urgently, I'd be happy to chip in…

86 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    19 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hello, I have noticed that in TMDB there is an entry for Hermanos y Detectives, an Argentine miniseries from 2006 (not to be confused with the spanish series with the same name), but it is not in the Letterboxd catalog, something that should be corrected since it meets all the conditions to be added to Letterboxd. This has only one season and is not classified as a series, so it should be uploaded. I attach the link to the entry in TMDB:
    https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/78584-votos-0-tu-puntuacion-hermanos-y-detectives

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. It would be nice to have to option to sort films by more precise lengths like a sliding bar where you would set a minimum length and maximum length e.g. 75 min - 100 min films only

102 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hello. Over the past few months I've noticed some huge inconsistencies in your system of choosing what is considered a "film" and allowed to stay on the database. This all started when I tried to add "Falsettos (2017)" as one of my 4 favorites on my profile, only to find that I wasn't able to as it had been removed from the database. I emailed you guys and the answer I received was "Falsettos is technically not eligible for a page as it's both a Broadway musical and an episode of a TV series".

Here are some reasons why I…

178 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Why is Big Little Lies still on Letterboxd? It was originally intended to be a mini-series but it no longer is.

70 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I think it would be really great to receive a push notification of a film being logged by someone I follow, as well as the ability to specifically select who I would like to receive those notifications from.

I regularly miss when my friends watch something because the activity section is a bit of a pain to navigate, and is filled with a lot of other people I follow. I'd love to be able to keep up with what they're watching without having to go to their individual profiles each time I check the app.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hi, I noticed that you have added "Okupas" to Letterboxd but without a poster at the entry in the catalog, could you add it? Now I am attaching the TMDb link of Okupas where there is a poster of the miniseries:
    https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/60549-okupas

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Given two (or more?) letterboxd lists, the script compare the titles and finds the ones that are present in both of them.
    All kind of lists: user films, watchlists, directors fimogarphies.
    It would be amazing to filter out unwanted movies from some big and confusional lists, and get into a very very specific mood!

Examples:
    Compare "Anxiety-Inducing Cinema" list with "romantic movies that don’t suck" list to find out some weird stuff.

Or "for when you don‘t have too much time but you still want to enjoy a good movie" list with the "seen titles" list from my fave pal,…

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The current criterion poster is neither the theatrical poster nor the most iconic. I would suggest you change it back to the theatrical poster (https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/7aVQFvGkLnpA71mYoDkVkzSzBZM.jpg)

78 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. There’s a new chilean miniserie that premiered today on Amazon Prime Video. It’s called “La Jauría”, please add it soon as possible on the app, here’s the link of the show in tmdb: https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/104819-la-jauria

73 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I noticed that the ability to sort one's friends ratings had dissappeared from the site (https://i.imgur.com/JPPooTJ.jpg). I realise you can still partially see this if you click on the "rated" tab but you can only see their name by hovering over their profile picture, and you can't see if they have "liked" the film (with the heart) of have written a review on it either in this certain view.

Please bring this function back to the website as I think it is very useful as I assume many others find it as well

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. One of the best aspects of Letterboxd is discovering new films. Right now, finding a good public list on a topic/genre I am interested in feels like random chance. I can never figure out why my search results come up in the order they do, which is a sign of a sorting algorithm that doesn't give the users the first thing they are looking for!

I think this could be easily and substantially improved by allowing for custom sorting after search. For example, I would love to search for (e.g.), "noir", and then be able to sort by (among many…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hi there, I was just trying to recount how many movies I watched in the theatre this year. So I had to go through all of my diary entries and look which movies I watched in the cinema vs. which movies I watched through Netflix etc.
    This gave me the idea, that you should be able to select HOW/WHERE you watched a movie, not just the date you watched it on. That way you could sort films by Theatre, Streaming, DVD/BluRay and so on. Maybe that might be of interest to others aswell.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I feel a lot of users find it hard to narrow their favorite films down to just 4 as there are so many different genres and styles of filmmaking. It would also give other users a better idea of your tastes. I'm sure it would be an easy update that would make a lot of users happy. Let me know your thoughts on this!

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. It would be great if you could pick which release date to see for films that have a festival premier in a different year than the main theatrical or digital release. A good example of this is Vast of Night, which TMDB lists as a 2020 film, but it had a festival premier in 2019 so Letterbox counts it as a 2019 film. I can see all of the various release dates on TMDB and I know that this is the data source for Letterbox, so I feel like this would be possible to achieve.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Currently you have to resort to blocking somebody in order to hide their reviews, but I don’t necessarily want to do that because all their reviews might not be that bad. But kind of like Reddit, I think it’d be a good idea to swipe to hide a review, then find all the ones you’ve hidden for that movie in a separate section.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iOS app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I would love to see an app from the Letterboxd team that was a tv tracker (similar to TV Club on iOS) that had social components similar to Letterboxd. I’d like to list the shows I’m watching and mark off when I’ve watched episodes. Then I want to be able to review and rate the episode. I want it to be that I can’t see my friends’ reviews or ratings of the episodes until I’ve marked that episode as marked, so I never get hit with a spoiler. I want to be able to see if a friend watched an…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. hello!! i wanted to ask if you could make the option on letterbox to make an account private, im just starting to enter into the world of cinematography and all of my friends have a letterbox account and they watch pretty artsy stuff and im ashamed of what i watch and i wouldnt want to be bullied again, or maybe could you make and option for just people you followback to see your lists or your watchlist or the stuff you have watched? i dont know, i hope you can help me :c

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Is there an option to edit lists collaboratively? imdb is lacking this and I would love to request this as a feature for letterboxd. Thank you. :)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I would like the ability to filter my watchlist to show only the ones which are NOT available on my streaming services. This is to help choose which movies to buy physical discs for, the ones I want to see but are not on streaming.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 198 199
  • Don't see your idea?