General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Make it easier to scroll the comment section for mobile users

Very frequently do I use the Letterboxd iOS app, and when looking at movie reviews or lists with large comment sections I find the scrolling required to reach the newest material extremely inconvenient. On desktop it shows the newest comments first to make this easy, but on mobile I just have to swipe for what seems like forever.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  iOS app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notifications

There should be notifications for when someone likes or comments your review. There really isn't a reason for there to not be there.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Include TV shows

Me and several other users I know would love it if there was a separate section for TV shows. We love the app and just want to spend more time using it and discovering new shows.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Watched films should be marked/highlighted

To better differentiate between watched and unwatched films on lists the icons should be somehow marked or highlighted.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Android app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Movie Memories

I believe Letterboxd should show you which movie or movies you watched today, x years ago.

Either on the homepage or some other place, maybe even in the diary itself.

I know this has been suggested before but is now buried under many other requests and I thought it would be nice to suggest it again.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Customize posters

Many people complain about the standard poster for each movie. How about creating a tool that allows each person to choose the poster they like most (among those available in TMDB)? It has an app called TVtime that provides a similar function.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Missing film on Letterboxd

Nepalese film called 'Kusume Rumal' that is registered on Tmbd but is missing on letterboxd??

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Potential idea for tv series

In the far future, if tv series are ever going to be added to the site, my suggestion would be to have the show itself marked as a title, though once clicked on it, all its individual episodes pop up, which could be rated as well. One could also install a progress bar on every title, allowing users to mark how far they have watched yet and / or additionally an indicator "x/x", meaning the amount of seen episodes in comparison to the complete amount.

If one day the whole concept is taken into consideration, this could be a nice…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. related lists instead of popular lists

This is about the related Lists on the movie detail pages.

There are popular lists with thousands of movies that are displayed everywhere (Random Movie Roulette, Long Weird List of Movies, etc.).
    Mostly you see the same popular heavyweights in this section.
    This isn't specific information anymore. It feels like spam.

I’d prefer smaller lists that collect movies which are deeply related.
    We got this development that huge lists get the highest rating.
    But I think the smaller lists that have a big rating for its small size are the real treasures.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a related films section.

For each film you read the description of or review, or don't review, there should be a related films section. At least 5 movies.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add the ability to log a movie that is not yet in the database.

I often see films early. It is important to me to log the films I see, but in these cases I can’t. TMDB does not allow adding a film before it premieres, so the usual advice of adding the film there doesn’t work.

What I’d like is to log the fact that I’ve watched an unknown film. Later, when it is in the database, I’d like to update the entry to the actual film. That’s it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Papers in the Wind

The movie Papers in the Wind is missing... can you add it, please?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I kind of want to be able to organize films by the amount of people on the site that have it on their watchlist

To create a category on the films page to organize by the amount of users that want to watch that film. there could also be another category for sorting by the amount of the people you follow that want to watch it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to rank watched films (not a list)

I think we should have the option to rank all the movies in our watched or films section. I currently use the list function to rank all the movies I've seen, but I think it would be easier if this were implemented into films section or watch section.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Display the rank of every movie based on rating

It would be cool if each movie had ranks.

For example Twin Peaks would be ranked #1 (I saw this after sorting average rating highest first), and Spirited away would be ranked #32, and so on.

Just another statistic to use when comparing movies. You can see where your favorite movies rank with the rest of the database.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hide notes in with spoiler tag in lists

I noticed when making lists you can add the spoiler tag for notes, which adds the spoiler warning in your list for each entry. But this doesn't really help since you can still see the text of the notes when reading in list form. Of course you can just change to grid form to avoid seeing the note, but it would be nice to be able to look through lists in both ways without having to worry about spoilers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Moving Backgrounds on Each Film's Profile Page

Similar to how Vimeo has this option for user profiles and Netflix has this option when scrolling film/show options to watch, I had the thought of possibly having moving backgrounds behind the page of each film's profile page (where you can see a film's plot description, rating, reviews, etc). Currently, the site only highlights one frame from each film.

Obviously to prevent spoilers this could just be a looping .GIF of an important scene or shot of the film, or it could be the trailer for the movie that is linked in the sidebar on a loop. I feel using…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Groups/communities

I would love to get some kind of movie groups going. We could connect accounts, compare favorite movies, suggest movies to watch, organize group watches, etc. For example, I could start one at my university.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Remove Availability to Review Movies Before Review Embargo

I kind of get sick of seeing people who haven't seen a new movie "reviewing" it before it's even out. They may not have even watched it but I kind of get tired of seeing trailer reactions for a movie, in addition to reviews from people who have gone to early screenings that contain spoilers for the movie before the embargo is up, which isn't really fair.

I say that people should have the freedom to log the movies and rate them if they've seen them but no reviews until the actual embargo is up. I got Avengers: Endgame spoiled…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Remove Biased Reviews from Popular

There are a ton of reviewers who shoot up to the top of the popular page because they've gathered a following but I'm sick of seeing the same fucking people at the top and having to read their biased reviews. I never see any popular reviews that accept that people have different opinions, I only see reviews where people get mad at something (sometimes not even having watched the movie). If you support something, go for it. If you support something else, you do you. But don't shove your ideals down someone else's throat because they're "wrong" or "don't have…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base