General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Find reviews for a film based on star rating

Would it be possible to filter film reviews by star rating? It can be quite laborious trying to find reviews that are generally positive or negative etc, with even more sorting and scrolling required to find anything in the middle. I feel certain reviews can often get a bit lost in the mix.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our iOS and Android apps support a “Rated in range” filter, so you can see all 3-star reviews for a film, or all reviews that are between 2 and 4 stars, for example. This is not yet available on our website (one of the few situations where our apps are more fully featured)!

2. Missing TV mini series

Hi, I've found a few missing TV mini series which that are not on your website. If you could add them that would be great. And yes they are all mini series thanks

Zen https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1618371/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Till We Meet Again https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/6108-judith-krantz-s-till-we-meet-again

Picnic at hanging rock https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/78881-picnic-at-hanging-rock

the woman in white https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6036728/?ref_=kw_li_tt

Fearless https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/72289-fearless-2017

Innocent https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5963958/?ref_=kw_li_tt

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Perform bulk actions (like mark watched or add to list) for all films in a page/list/collection/etc

For example currently trying to make a "Movies I saw in 2012" list and have to add each film seperately. Would like to be able to go into my movies and select multiple items at a time.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Adding all visible films on a page to a list is now available as a Pro feature on our website. The option shows in the sidebar or (on pages without a sidebar) it can be found in the disclosure arrow menu on the “+ Log” button.

4. Allow a handy A-Z Listing of our Reviewed Titles

It would be convenient to have an alphabetical list (titles only/NO TEXT) so see all our reviewed titles easily at a glance. After having 1000 + titles listed, it becomes a bit difficult to locate certain titles, or even to know what we have reviewed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can sort your Films > Reviews tab by film title, but that still gives you a paginated list with review text.

Perhaps using the Export option in Settings and then examining reviews.csv in a spreadsheet app will give you the most flexibility until we can address this shortcoming.

5. Lists intersection

I have my watchlist, my friend has their watchlist, I like that friend, if I could intersect our two watchlists, I can see what movie we could watch together!

Would also be awesome for other lists (like which of 1001 movies you have to see before you die are on New Yorker Best 100 movies of all time? Which Nostalgia Critic-reviewed movies were also covered in the How Did This Get Made podcast?)

You guys love lists. We love lists too! Give us the option to intersect our lists :D

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can intersect watchlists already. Visit their watchlist, then change the Visibility (“eye”) menu to either hide films you’ve seen, or show only what’s also in your watchlist.

6. Add the new Twin Peaks (2017) as a limited series

Previously I wrote feedback concerning Paolo Sorrentino's The Young Pope (2016), and how it should be on Letterboxd as a limited series (miniseries) so long as the site was including such things.* [See link at the bottom.] I made a detailed argument about the identity of a miniseries and how the format should be considered. As my request was promptly fulfilled, my argument seemingly adopted, I'm unsure how much I need to repeat myself in regard to my latest request, about the 2017 limited series Twin Peaks.

In much of Showtime's promotional material, the title Twin Peaks: The Return is…

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re working on a solution to allow us to continue to import mini series from TMDb even once they are moved to its TV section. Once this is ready, we’ll be better placed to make a call about the inclusion of this content.

7. Updated data for the film Hotel Coolgardie

Hi folks, just wondering how to update screening data for Hotel Coolgardie.

as well as Amazon (as listed) we are also available on iTunes and Vimeo-On-Demand.

Links here:

https://geo.itunes.apple.com/gb/movie/hotel-coolgardie/id1260117616?mt=6

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/120515

Thanks!

Other links:
    www.hotelcoolgardiethefilm.com
    https://www.facebook.com/hotelcoolgardiethefilm/
    https://twitter.com/Hotel_C_Film
    https://www.instagram.com/hotel_c_film/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for sending this info. Your film was not listed on GoWatchIt.com, our source for most of our availability date, so we’ve forwarded this to them to add, and it should show up for us in due course.

8. Android app: add sorting and filtering options

In the website you can search a film by year or decade. It would be very nice if you could do the same in the Android app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Fix Website

I've had nothing but issues with it since I signed up yesterday. It keeps failing. I like the design. If it doesn't keep giving me errors, I would pay for a subscription.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. User Rated Yearly Rankings

i think a more definitely ranked Top User-Rated Films of each year would be highly useful for finding essentials and adding them to your watchlist, and just for encouraging debate. i know this is sort of already done but it is also somewhat cluttered with films that have received high ratings due to a low amount of ratings, and also TV mini-series which can't be filtered.

i would also love if the films yearly ranking was shown on the film's page, like how rateyourmusic does with albums (ie, Children of Men being shown as the #1 top user rated film…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Beta API

I emailed api@letterboxd.com to grant me access to the beta API on January 27th & have not received a response. Would you grant me access?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Amazon Prime!

Is there any way you can show me if movies are available for free instant streaming with Amazon Prime? That would be excellent... :)

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. GREMLINS

i constantly get error messages.. pleeaase fix this

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Search is too slow

Search needs an improvement. Sometimes I search for a film and after waiting for a long time, I get a "currently unavailable" error.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. How do I make my lists appear in the year they were released?

How do I make my lists appear in the year they were released?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. wordpress widget

I have a film and book review blog, would love to have a widget on my sidebar that links to my LetterBoxD account so my readers can follow me on here, and maybe see what scores I have given films I have watched recently.

I noticed some older questions from a few years ago, that talked about plans being in the works for widgets, but I can't find any information on currently available ones.

Do these widgets exist, please?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We have a widget for a single film which we can set up for your site, it shows LB’s ratings chart for the film, not your specific rating though (unless the visitor to your site follows you).

Email help@letterboxd.com if you’d like this set up for your site (it’s by request only, for now).

17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Internal Notification System, rather than emails

I think some sort of internal notification system alerting you to when someone comments on or likes a review of yours would be much preferred to getting emails. This way I won't have to check my emails to review letterboxd activity.

Also, similar to this idea, allow me to follow my favorite people - meaning anytime one of my favorites logs another movie I am notified by the above mentioned system.

180 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. can you fix the services option

it is not accurate. especially netflix, like not even close

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Watchlist: allow sorting/ranking/categorizing and notes

In the 'films' section of your profile you can order your films by popularity, could it be possible to integrate this function into the 'watchlist'. Tis could be handy for days you have no inspiration on what to watch.?

258 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    35 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base