General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. iOS app: URL schemes

Very excited about the iOS app being released today, but I'm sort of disappointed there is no URL scheme support. The ability to launch the Letterboxd app from another app or jump right to adding a specific film would be great for the many people who use launcher apps on iOS. But just in general it'd be a good move to allow other apps to interact more directly with your app.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Arrange List By Your Own Rating

I have private lists of the movies watched during a specific year, and would love to be able to arrange them by my own star rating. The site already allows to arrange lists by all users' average rating, but it sure would be swell to be able to arrange by my own personal ratings. Thanks.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Functionality like canistreamit.com

I'd love to be able to go straight from letterboxed to some sort of streaming availability for a particular title. So functionality like Canistreamit or just straight integration with them...where you could click on a "look up title on canistreamit" button.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Profile -> Films: Merge "Watched" and "Rated"

I think it would nicer if "Watched" and "Rated" would be merged in one page, with the thumbnail size of "Watched" (small posters). They would have the watched and rating icons, first overlaid, and second below the poster.

When I'm seeing friends' profiles, I want to see all this information at one look. And normally watched/rated overlap to a very high degree. I don't see the downside in merging these two view.

Also, I'd implement intelligent pagination (if you scroll down, a new set of films is added to current page) like Twitter and Facebook do, instead of discrete "Next/Prev"…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. add "Liked" to import CSV format

I love using Letterboxd and want to make my account as canonical as possible an expression of my film viewing history. I've combined my dvdpedia and netflix data into one huge de-duped comma free spreadsheet but only one thing is preventing me from importing about 1300 of my entries...I want to have them marked as "Liked" on letterboxd and there is currently no field for that (I prefer using "Like" to star ratings).

I would love it if you could add a boolean field for "Liked" to your importer, and would sincerely appreciated it if you could drop me an…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. On a film page, show me if my friends have it in their Watchlist

The ability to see which of my friends have seen/logged a given film is great; I’d love to also be able to see which of my friends wants to see the film, and then we could arrange to see it together. Great opportunity to take the social aspect of Letterboxd off the internet and into the real world.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Upgrade from Pro to Patron?

Hey Guys, how do I upgrade from Pro to Patron?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Film search bar

I think it would be very convenient if the instant search used for adding films and on the Films page were located on every page. Using the standard search bar is much more complicated than this.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fix Add to Lists Problem

I posted about this on Twitter awhile ago, but it's still a problem. When I go to a film page, I no longer have the option to add that film to a list.

Instead I see a new option, which wasn't there before, which says "Start a new list with this film."

On Twitter you suggested that this was because I didn't have any lists, but I do! Indeed, when I select "Lists" from the dropdown under my user name, I can see them all.

I thought the problem might be because I have them all set to Private, but…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

At present you must have at least one public list for this to work. The reason this approach didn’t work for you is that the cached value for the number of public lists on your account didn’t update in a timely fashion. Give it 24 hours. You’ll need to keep at least one public list for this option to appear. We will fix it, but as part of another unit of work, so may take a while.

11. Lists on film page

If I were to go onto an individual films page, I would like to see if that movie is in one of my lists.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good idea. The quickest way to do this right now is to click the Lists icon below the poster, then change the view to filter by You instead of everyone. Be good to have that on the page somewhere though, you’re right.

12. Sync my watched movies with Facebook.

Allot of mt friends still don't have of want Letterboxd. (It's a shame). Facebook released a new movie section.

Is it possible to push my watched movies to that facebook section?

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Create a Letterboxd 'Top Films List'

Essentially a list akin to IMDB's famous Top 250, but using the ratings data from Letterboxd users instead. A list that allowed for lesser-seen films to show up would be ideal but any such list would be a great addition in my opinion.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make it possible to search using special characters

I encountered this error when searching for the actor Gustaf Skarsgård.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Expose the film-third-party DIV on the mobile site

The links work on iOS devices. From my iPad using the full site, the URL handlers for the iTunes app and Netflix app work appropriately. My iPhone uses the mobile site, where these third party links are hidden. I can't think of a reason why. I would totally LOVE to start watching a film in the Netflix app on my iPhone just by clicking a link, rather than switching apps and searching for it.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Importer applies ratings without marking films as watched

imdb ratings import should update the profile front page of films, not merely be added to the list, or there should be an option to populate the watched list with films from other lists. Right now, it says I've watched 2 films and rated 203 films. Doesn't make sense, and I want them to show on the profile front.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a bug, applying ratings should always change the watched status for a film. We’ll get this fixed.

Note there is an optional link on the import page to mark imported films as watched, so you could use this to correct the issue.

17. Expand Review Window

Right now the window that pops up when you review a movie is tiny. You can expand the actual space your write in but that won't change the outer area and you're left having to awkwardly scroll around while writing your review. It makes writing anything more than a paragraph a bit annoying and you either have to deal with it or open up something like MS Word to type your review then copy/paste it over.

It'd be nice to be able to increase the size of the outer window (blue area) so we can easily read/write our review.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Editing an entry in the diary should not re-direct you to the film's page

When editing entries in the diary to add tags, edit reviews or ratings, and after saving the entry, you end up on the film's page (though the diary url curiously remains). You first have to reload the page to get back to your diary. This makes quickly editing anything more than a single entry a big pain. I don't see why this behavior exists in the first place.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. implement a better system for linking posters from TMDb.

I have added many, many films to TMDb. I always add an image for the movie poster. When waiting for the film to show up on Letterboxd, or forcing the conversion with the URL import, it seems like about the image only imports about half the time. A blank box is really unsightly. I understand the necessity for allowing only one permanent image, but the import system isn't working correctly if I've created the TMDb page, and have uploaded an image, before I even import the data to Letterboxd.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. make it easier to navigate through complete database of films

I saw in other feedback that you've responded to, that you can navigate through your complete film database by year. I went to the 'Films' tab and cannot find a way to do that.

Also as others have suggested, have your film database listed and be able to sort through genre, director, alphabetical, year, user rating, etc.
    This would make it much faster to cycle through and add films i've watched, as well as formulating better lists.

Thanks and keep up the great work. I love the site so far - the diary aspect is wonderful and aesthetically it looks…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base