General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Internal Notification System, rather than emails

I think some sort of internal notification system alerting you to when someone comments on or likes a review of yours would be much preferred to getting emails. This way I won't have to check my emails to review letterboxd activity.

Also, similar to this idea, allow me to follow my favorite people - meaning anytime one of my favorites logs another movie I am notified by the above mentioned system.

177 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. can you fix the services option

it is not accurate. especially netflix, like not even close

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Watchlist: allow sorting/ranking/categorizing and notes

In the 'films' section of your profile you can order your films by popularity, could it be possible to integrate this function into the 'watchlist'. Tis could be handy for days you have no inspiration on what to watch.?

261 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    35 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Issue finding title for list

I'm trying to list every movie that I've seen, but am having trouble. I want to add the movie Life (1999 - Ted Demme) to my 1999 list, but it isn't showing up in the search bar. Sometimes you can tinker with the letters to get what you want to show up but I'm having no luck.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Printable "watched" list

It would be kind of cool if there was a way to export lists to a printable file. The website is great, but I just like having things on paper as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to group lists

I was thinking it would be a cool idea if you group all of your lists together in categories or groups for example I have a list for every year of movies that I have seen I would like to put all of those in one group and be able to alphabetize them by name of list for quicker access and then I have a few more lists that are awards winners in different types of awards ?I would like to be able to put them all in a separate group for easy access and so on and so on

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a new film finder/generator

I'm thinking, a button you press that randomly picks a film from either; the entire library, your watchlist, your watched list or a filtered search.

I've seen some lists that say go to (random number generator website) to pick a movie. Would be nice to have it built into the app itself... but movies not numbers lol

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Filter Films by Country of Origin

I just spent almost 3 hours filling out my watched list for 2017 alone and the thing that made it so daunting was the fact that I had to wade through a ton of films not from my country of origin. I'd like to filter out all countries except those I choose. So if I wanted to only see films from the United States and France, then I want to see only those instead of having to view from every country. That is the one feature that isn't on this site that will keep me from returning. I need to…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Change back your recent visual change - 27 Nov 16 - please.

It doesn't look very good, at least not as much as it used to look, and also you changed the script of the web page or something and now the movie posters aren't being displayed correctly in the list pages.
    Now I can't see my own lists!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Keep getting odd glitch where it only shows the first five of a list and nothing else

It happens mostly when I am connecting to another internet source than my own home (commercial places like STARBUCKS and other cafes).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. List spacing mistake

Since the design change, the spacing between films on the last row of all lists has become smaller than every row above. It looks jarring compared to the more evenly spaced rows, and I would like it if Letterboxd's staff could please look into this and fix it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. [Bug] Overlayed icons misaligned in activity feed

Why can't I post a screenshot here? And why can't I log a bug, only a "suggestion"? This is frustrating.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Fix a bug with multi-word genres in "year to date"

When clicking "science fiction" in my list of films watched in 2016 by genre (http://letterboxd.com/braindance/year/2016/), I get redirected to my diary with all of my watched films (all genres) at http://letterboxd.com/braindance/films/diary/for/2016/genre/science fiction/by/rating/
    Notice the URL containing "/science fiction/". I'm assuming the problem is with multiple-word genres due to " " (though I only have one multi-word genre in the list so can't confirm).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a feature to see if films are watchlisted by your friends

On the movie details page, so that I can see how many folks I know are interested in watching a movie to determine whether I should watch it by myself or gather the posse to watch it together.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add the sum of the length of all the movies and display it

Add the sum of the length of all the movies that the user have marked as seen and show it in the profile, is curious to see how many minutes/hours/years the user has spend watching movies or it can be something that the user can only see. Also just for fun sum all the movies length that are currenly in the list of the page and show it somewhere how many years would take to see it all.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add date and location when marking a film watched

After I've watch a film I'd like to be able to record not just that I saw it, liked it, and a rating, but also the date I watched it and where I watched it (Foursquare/Swarm data, Google places, something similar?, allow manual entry as well, such as "At home", or "Jamie's place").

I'd want to manually enter the date watched, as opposed to it being automatically recorded when I click "Watched", as there's a difference between my wanting to record that I just watched Finding Dory at the Alamo Drafthouse today and it was great, as opposed to my…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Use the “Add a Film” option to create a diary entry if you watch a film on a specific date—this can include the date (use the specified date option).

We don’t support location info in diary entries at this time, suggest using tags to attach this kind of metadata.

17. Ban spammers/bots etc

There are many lists that start with [Watch], FREE, LIVE etc that are advertising dodgy torrent links to random films. They are cluttering up the site. Could you please actively ban these?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. List Edit mode: Show ratings and fade watched (at least)

It would be very useful to sort and manage ranked lists if it's available in the edit mode the same filter and sort tools we have on a regular list. Or at least the most important: show the ratings and fade the watched.

Show the rating: I'm always updating the year's favorites list for instance and sorting films by group of stars so everytime I need to re-open the list in the detail mode to check what's the rating.

Fade watched: I like to use negative lists as a to-do list, so a film is erased after watched and is…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Create a sign to recognize watched film and film in Watchlist

When I look inside a list, and maybe inside this list there's 15 film, I should be able to recognize which film I saw, which film is in my Watchlist and which neither. It would be possible by inserting like a little green/blu/red (no matter what color) signs at the left/right low/high angle that connote if I ever interacted with this film and where I put it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. IFTTT Support

An IFTTT Channel would be a nice Pro feature.

As an example - it'd be great to be able to set up a recipe so that when I log a new movie it's cover art and my review are piped through to my Day One journal automatically. I'm sure there are many other uses it could be put to.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base