General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Sort ratings by release

User's watched tab can be sorted by release, but when I want to then see what they think of for instance, films released last year, and I go to the ratings tab, it's not an option to sort by release date.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Let us browse the new films added to the database

Like it says, whether they're new releases or older films that users have added to TMDB, I think it would be pretty useful to see what has just been added to the site. It might also allow you to happen across stuff you had forgotten about or stuff that you are just interested in seeing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Display original year of release, not the US year of release.

I have encountered several non-US films (which seldomly have their original title in the database, another issue which might need work), which had weird release years, sometimes decades apart from its original release year, just because these films happened to have a very late US release. Please do not pick the US release year as the default release year.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Search parsing improvements

There are a small variety of synonyms that, if handled by the search feature, would make browsing movies a lot easier. Roman numerals, for instance, are treated separately from Arabic numerals, and so 'Ghostbusters 2' turns up no entries.

This is quick and minor, but also easy and rewarding.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Lists Should Have Default Sorting/Display Options

Right now it seems Lists default to show covers with any added notes not being visible until the viewer manually switches View modes (which is just a small button). I like to have my lists with a bit of substance. I'd like to see an option while creating a List to be able to default your specific list to whatever view style suits it best.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Detect multiple viewings automatically and simplify viewings display

If you watch a film on March 9th and then watch it again on March 10th, the second entry should detect "I've seen this before" automatically. (I'm not sure what the purpose of that flag is.)

Additionally, the idea of a list of viewings should be attached to the general film page for your account. For example:

http://letterboxd.com/usernme/film/evolution/

might have been seen on March 9th and March 10th, but the above link will only list "Watched March 9th, 2012". The only indication that there is a second viewing is in the sidebar on the right, with "You've logged this film…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good feedback, cheers. The genesis of the “I’ve seen this before” button is to allow you to record the fact you’ve rewatched a film for which you’ve never given Letterboxd any previous information. However, as you say, the fact it doesn’t auto-populate is confusing.

In regards to the viewing numbering, I think we could certainly collect them all in a more obvious place as you suggest. The numbering has to work in reverse order, or permalinks to reviews would change every time you logged a film.

7. Edit activity history

I "Liked" a review by accident. Now, even though I unliked it, my feed still suggests otherwise. Unless I missed it, it would be nice to have the option to manually delete everything on my timeline.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. show followers ratings

When you are on a film page, you can see "Your friends who have watched [title of movie]". That opens the list of friends with a few columns including the heart. I would love to see their ratings here, as well as a link to their review of this film if they have one. Here is why it is important to have this information here.

The natural flow is to see that someone reviewed or rated a film you haven't seen. You may read their review, and then take a look at the film page. Now you are interested in…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Adding links in comments should be simpler

It would be great if we could copy/paste links to other letterboxd pages in comments.

The other day I was commenting and need to post a link to one of my lists. I copy/pasted it and it didn't work. People tried helping with how to do this and it turned into a huge effort (see the results here: http://letterboxd.com/lise/list/sunday-mornings-with-coffee/#comment-16751 ).

If copy/paste can't be achieved for some reason, perhaps indicate the way to insert links at on the page footer where you have About, etc. by including something like:
    To insert a link, type <a hred ...etc

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Include year in title hover pop-up

I'd love to see the movie's year when you hover over a poster along with the title. Makes it easier to know if you're looking at the right movie without going to the full page if the poster is ambiguous.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make friends who viewed the same movie more obvious.

When you go to one of your own reviews for a film, in the bottom right it shows other people who have seen the film and has a link to a page with which of your friends have seen the film as well. I'd rather just see the images of the friends who've seen it (either instead of, or in addition to my non-friends who have seen it). If you're worried about cluttering the interface, perhaps a hover-over reveal, so I don't have to load a whole new page just to see one person's name.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Letterboxd T-Shirt for fans

Self explanatory ;-)

WHERE TO GET THEM......

Happy new year !!!!

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Tag films, directors, actors and studios in reviews/comments

When I'm writing a review, I often want to reference other films the director has made or an actor has starred in. In the review dialogue there's now way to do this as far as I can tell.

Is it possible to have tags like on the individual movie page that would show other films? Maybe it could be a button that opens a list of actors/directors, so as not to take up too much room.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. do something with the search function (and I don't know what)

It took me a while to work out how to search for films I wanted to add to my watchlist (not my diary). The add to diary button is obviously the main thing, but it took me a mo to work out that the magnifying glass to the left turns it into normal search. When in the Watchlist page, the instructions are great (e.g. hover or sidebar), but I was all "But how do I find the film??) and if you click add to diary, there isn't a way to turn that into a "add to watchlist" instead. Ugh, this…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  Grant Berridge responded

I think we’re going to add the same auto-complete box on the watchlist page that you get on normal film lists. It works really well.

Thanks for the feedback, by the way. I think you explained it perfectly.

I’m not sure what we’re going to do with the search box. It may change soon though, because the “Add to diary” button is getting an overhaul. Big things are happening :-)

16. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  Grant Berridge responded

Thanks for the tip – we definitely want to support 1Password, since we use it ourselves. One of the developers has already reported this issue. It will be fixed soon.

17. add a 'follow back' button

...on the activity/incoming/ page for people that have started following me.

Thanks! :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Netflix

Precheck netflix movies before suggesting the user adds them, many are not available... and maybe even a vote demand so netflix see a want for the title... down the track.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base