General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Saved Filters

I repeatedly check if there are movies by a director or actor on a streaming service. Right now I have to do each of those individually. It will be nice to filter them all at once, and save this filter

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  iOS app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the enlarge-posters button to profile "films" list

Say I go to my profile and click "Films". I want to see a list of the movies I've watched. This is what it looks like:
    https://imgur.com/a/SsaJNWp
    Gosh, those posters are very small! The text on the posters is very small. My eyesight is not good. I can't read those titles! I can't even use my browser's zoom-in feature, it makes me horizontally scale instead of reflowing. I have to mouse over every single poster to see what the movie is. That's silly.

Oh other pages on the site— like if I look at the list of all films by popularity— there…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Include ‘date unknown’ option

Absolutely love this App - brilliant. Been looking out for an App like this for years. I’m currently in the process of transferring my film information into the App. However, I don’t know a lot of dates I watched films from years ago. The App won’t allow you to insert a film without a date. So having a ‘date unknown’ option would be great. Do you have any plans to consider this? Thanks. Steve

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iOS app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix a release date bug

I noticed a discrepancy between the histogram by year on my stats page (http://letterboxd.com/merrabbit/stats) and my 2017 rankings list (http://letterboxd.com/merrabbit/list/2017-ranked). My stats page says I have watched 147 2017 releases, but my rankings list has 148 entries. When I noticed this, I went through my 2017 list to see if any release dates had been changed in the database, and I found You Were Never Really Here to be the culprit. However, it is not a simple release date change. If you go to the film's page on Letterboxd, it still says 2017 for the year,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. increase the size of the thumbnails

hi, i registered, was invited to click 'watched and liked' on the next page. On that page the thumbnails where so small i didn't know if id seen them or not, never mind liked them.
    I took my glasses off. I zoomed in on the browser - no good. I could spot a couple of famous films but not most of them.

Im not even that old, im 40 and i work in a fairly technical industry.

It would be really funny if ive missed something, as it means im getting old - i hope I have for your sake,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. insert TV shows

There are already Netflix TV series and other shows on here, why not add them all. Would love to find TV shows to watch and recommend on here. Hope you guys can implement it!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A more direct way to view my own reviews

I wish there was a more direct way to call up my own review when I've clicked onto a movie's page. As it is now, and correct me if I'm wrong, I can only immediately see my star review and then 'edit' my current review if I want to see it–but it makes me a little nervous because I don't want to actually /edit/ it, I just want to read it and perhaps see the comments on it.

I know if I click through 'friends reviews' then I can sort by showing mine with that, but it's a little annoying…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 'what should i watch?'

create a feature where you can send out 'what should i watch' or 'i am in the mood for a _______ film, what should i watch' to your followers' feed and they can give a suggestion.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 'Movie Picker' on watchlist

i find it so hard to choose a film from my watchlist and eventually resort to rewatching a movie i've already seen 13 times.
    to solve this habit letterboxd should add a 'pick a random film' feature! so when you access your watchlist you can press a button and get suggested films from that list!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Change the release year of I, Tonya back to 2017

The release year of "I, Tonya" reads 2016 on the film's page instead of 2017, its actual release year. It also shows up in the 2016 portion of the "films" list instead of 2017. I can only confirm for the PC version of the website and not any other versions. Please look into it and fix this asap.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Improve GoWatchIt service

One of the main reasons I paid to have a Pro account on Letterboxd was because I thought it'd be a great way to keep a master Watchlist where I can sort those movies by where I can watch them. But it appears your partnership with GoWatchIt.com is broken. It almost never accurately reflects the movies that are currently streaming on various services. Just now it doesn't show that First Reformed is on Prime Video (subscription). It doesn't show that Sorry to Bother You is on Hulu (subscription). It shows Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping is on HBO even though…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Favorite Films of All-Time vs. Favorite Films of Late

Just as the title suggests, have two sections for favorite films now: your top four (preferably top five at least) films of all time, and then another section for your top four (again, or five) films recently. That way, it lets people know what your overall interests are versus what your interests of late may be, and how they all differ. I'm suggesting this because it not only seems like a more varied and customizable way to showcase your interests, but I've also seen several people use the four favorite films section for their recent favorite films (noting so in…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Movies being deleted from site

Sometimes you will be allowed to log a film, or collection of films and then in a day or two the are gone.

Specifically speaking, the 2019 Oscar Nominated Shorts- Documentary and Animated. AMC hosted screenings for all three and I was able to log, live action, animated and documentary the night I watched the films, but over the next week the Oscar Nominated Shorts- Animated and Docs were taken off letterboxd with out explanation. Mostly I want credit for watching all three collections :)

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add this film:

There's a film that exists but I can't find it on your website - perhaps it hasn't been added (it's on IMDb, though).

It's called Wild Prairie Rose (2016), directed by Deborah LaVine. I hope to see it on Letterboxd one day!

Link: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5330986/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Separate credits to create clean lists

Separate credits for shorts, the "actor" appears as themselves, or films are not yet released. The conclusion being that if I go to Martin Scorsese, for example, and want to see my completion percentage (as director or actor), I'll get an accurate number, not one that includes upcoming projects or shorts or talking head bits.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make a Video Game version of Letterboxd

Maybe make a letterboxd for video games? I love using this site to keep track of movies, so why not just make one for video games as well? Or find some way to implement it in the current site.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. export

More export feature would be super helpful for statistics nerds like me! It would be super cool to see data on country/language and genre!
    Thanks a bunch!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. See who logged a movie the most.

Woud be great if we could for example see the Top 100 or Top 10 watchers of a movie in each movie page.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base