General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. mass editing tags & spoiler warnings on lists

the ability to give an entire list a spoiler warning, similarly to a movie review as titles can give a spoiler to numerous films on the list

the ability to mass edit tags - rename a tag that has already been tagged on several logged movies, to delete tags from logged movies, to add tags to multiple logged movies at a time

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can I not sort my films alphabetically?!

I see that I can sort by my rating or release date, but not title ...?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iOS app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make a Video Game version of Letterboxd

Maybe make a letterboxd for video games? I love using this site to keep track of movies, so why not just make one for video games as well? Or find some way to implement it in the current site.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Backdrops

Hello, I uploaded 1080p backdrops for the films below. It would be nice to see them on their letterboxd pages, so please add them :)

https://letterboxd.com/film/cruel-story-of-youth/
    https://letterboxd.com/film/empire-of-passion/
    https://letterboxd.com/film/pleasures-of-the-flesh/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. iOS App Not Available in US?

Is Letterboxd no longer available on iOS? I suggested a friend download the app today. They followed the link provided from the Letterboxd site. When it opened the App Store they were prompted that this item was no longer available in the US. Do you have any news on this?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  iOS app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our iOS app is temporarily out of the store, as it contravened Apple’s policies by allowing Pro upgrades via its web views, without offering in-app purchase upgrade options. We have submitted an update to Apple that removes the web view links, and are waiting for them to review it.

7. When you block someone, you should NEVER have to see their account. Ever.

When I block someone, I want them GONE. Out of my feed, out of my followers' reviews, everything. I don't want to have to see their profile pop up under any circumstance. I have incredible anxiety and seeing a user that I've blocked for numerous reasons still show up in my feed is incredibly anxiety-inducing. I've debated leaving the site because of how much of a problem this is, and how seeing their profile makes me feel very bad thoughts that I don't want to feel. (not suicidal ones, just angry ones)

Seeing the "three dots" thing in place of…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Include lists created by non-male critics in List Progress

I love the "List Progress" tab of the stats section, but it is devoid of female or otherwise non-male voices. I suggest adding one or more lists that are not written by men.

Obviously the crowdsourced lists include women; I am talking about the Wright, and GdT lists, and possibly the Sight and Sound list - it is difficult to discover whether female critics were part of that 2012 poll.

Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Filter Fans

I think it'd be cool to add one more filter, which is the amount of fans a movie has. I think it'd also be cool if you could get a comparison of your four favorites to other users to see who matches yours the most.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Filter by minimum rating

Let's say I'm browsing the list of films from 2018, I can see there's plenty of movies that have a very low rating because, of course, popular doesnt mean good.

In such a situation, it would be very useful to say "I'd like to filter out movies that have less than a 3 or 3.5 rating"

Does that make sense? I'm guessing it wouldnt be too complicated to implement either.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add Calendar Integration Similar to the Movie Time App

The last reason I have to use the Movie Time iOS application over Letterboxd is its native calendar integration. When I want to watch a movie that hasn’t come out yet, Movie Time allows me to add that movie to a dedicated calendar so that I’m aware of it when it comes up (I look at my calendar FAR more often than any app) which leads me to watch it and (eventually) log it in Movie Time, rather than Letterboxd. The app even has a link in the event that takes me back to the app, which increases the likelihood…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Group friend activity by movie

One big gap in the social aspect of Letterboxd is the ability to see the feedback of friends, aggregated by movie.

I'd love to be able to look at a list of all movies my friends have reviewed, sorted by number of different reviews from friends.

Instead, I need to either go to a specific movie and see if any friend has reviewed it, or keep my eye on the activity feed to see one of those reviews fly by.

Neither of those options serve the purpose of knowing that there's a movie that I haven't heard of that 5…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add option for Unlisted List.

If I am making a list but I only want certain people to see it I want to have the ability to unlist it and just give them the link to the list or have some sort of way to inviting them if you are friends with them on letterboxd instead of having public and private only. Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Search for movies in your or friends watched movie section.

I want to see if my friend has seen the same movie as I have, but I can't find a way of doing so unless I obviously ask them directly or search their long list of watched films. The closest thing I could find to this is by searching a movie on letterboxd and see if they have rated it but still that's more of a hassle and a lot of movies aren't even rated by them so it would be nice to have a search feature in the profile film section for you and anyone else. Also specific years…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. encourage notes for showdown lists

I just discovered showdowns, and think they're great.

But I think they'd be even better if people included the reason why they think a movie fits the category, or which specific part fits the category, or just reveals a bit more of the thought behind the list than a grid of movie posters.

Notes shouldn't be required, but a few things that would gently encourage them:

1) Following a link from the showdown page to a list should default to the list view, not the grid view. This way, notes are instantly visible to anyone who looks at a list.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Subcategories / other genres

When filtering lists of the films one watches, subcategories or other genres like Film Noir would be provided.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Combine the + and Search (magnifying glass) into ONE BUTTON!

Every time, without fail, I select the wrong search option in the app. It makes no sense to me why there are both a "+" search option that allows you to do certain things when you find a film AND a magnifying glass search option that allows you to do different things when you find a film. Why can't all the options be combined into one of those search features?
    That would also have the added benefit of making the app more streamlined and minimalist, which is the goal, right?
    I know I'm not the only one with this frustration.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add ratings over time / trendlines

I'd love to get additional stats, especially re: my ratings over time and possibly with a trend line. This could work great with filters like director, genre, star, etc - see how someone feels about the body of work as it expands.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base