General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Background colour of user comments and reviews

User comments and reviews on white background would be nicer, or at least an option to change the colour as I find reading text on dark background unwelcoming and tiring. Overall graphic design of the site is excellent, literally just the user comments I'd like to see easier to read.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Alternatives to Netflix, etc

I watch all of my movies on 1.channel.ch and veehd. Can I still use this service?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. more things on the front page

possibly update the "popular reviews" list more often, give some popular lists. a random film button would also be great

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. A way of seeing reviews that is NOT based on popularity.

Could you implement a way to see reviews that's NOT based on popularity? I get that there's the "just reviewed" ticker on the FILMS page, but that only shows the latest dozen reviews. I've no doubt there are people with few to no followers who are posting great stuff that just isn't getting seen. Would be great if there was a "view all" option, perhaps with the option to sort by date, or even by star rating.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Edit activity history

I "Liked" a review by accident. Now, even though I unliked it, my feed still suggests otherwise. Unless I missed it, it would be nice to have the option to manually delete everything on my timeline.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Try the following ideas... :D

- Allow users to upload their own avatar.
    - Have a drop-down box for options when searching (for actors, users, films, etc.).
    - Have a word count when typing reviews.
    - Hopefully, you can share your reviews on Facebook.
    - When adding a movie to your likes, you could be able to mark it if you own the VHS/DVD/Blu-Ray.
    - Let users generate a wallpaper of their liked films.
    - Let users view their liked films in full size, standard (the current view), or icon size.
    - Allow for users to upload pictures to a personal gallery (personal film collections,…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. show followers ratings

When you are on a film page, you can see "Your friends who have watched [title of movie]". That opens the list of friends with a few columns including the heart. I would love to see their ratings here, as well as a link to their review of this film if they have one. Here is why it is important to have this information here.

The natural flow is to see that someone reviewed or rated a film you haven't seen. You may read their review, and then take a look at the film page. Now you are interested in…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Simple list for film diary

There should be an option of displaying film diary entries as a simple list (much like http://letterboxd.com/activity/) when sorted by watched date, so as to more easily see what's been seen over time. This would allow more than 15 films shown at once.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Change Layout Of Profile Page

Put Recently Watched and Lists at the top of the profile page, not the bottom. Put Favorite Movies at the bottom of the profile.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. personalize the rating system

I don't know if this fits the philosophy of letterboxd's rating system, but I think there will be an average overall still:

How about adding a feature to everybody's profile page (maybe with none or default settings if the user chooses to not change it) that enables you to personalize how you value the star rating with individual, editable expressions.
    I think that some users rate movies more severely or more mildly than others. The personalized rating description would make it more easy and fun to classify a certain user's rating.

Let me be clear that this would be a…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Sort watchlist by release should show earlier releases first

When I sort my watchlist by release date it seems to show later releases first and earlier releases last. It would be more useful if the earlier releases (films already on release or due to be released soon) were shown first.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. add release dates to (new) films

maybe it would be possible to show the release date depending on the very country you live in (maybe add location settings to the profile?)

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Change up the popular reviews somehow

Currently I see the same thing every time I log on. It's very boring. The popular review should be "Popular this week" or something otherwise these reviews will be in the same order forever.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Adding links in comments should be simpler

It would be great if we could copy/paste links to other letterboxd pages in comments.

The other day I was commenting and need to post a link to one of my lists. I copy/pasted it and it didn't work. People tried helping with how to do this and it turned into a huge effort (see the results here: http://letterboxd.com/lise/list/sunday-mornings-with-coffee/#comment-16751 ).

If copy/paste can't be achieved for some reason, perhaps indicate the way to insert links at on the page footer where you have About, etc. by including something like:
    To insert a link, type <a hred ...etc

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Most Watchlisted Films

List the top films by how many users watchlists they sit on.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Customizable view on all pages

In addition to the table view that has been suggested (http://feedback.letterboxd.com/forums/136771-general/suggestions/2493276-add-a-table-view-for-the-film-list-with-sortable-), I would like to be able to change the view on different pages.
    Sometimes the site uses large posters with only a few on a page, other times the posters are small and a lot more fit (naturally, at the expense of easy legibility). I'm sure a lot of thought went into which views are default for which pages, but I would like to be able to toggle between several options. (Including the table view where possible!)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Consider unifying or linking ratings between films and reviews

I reviewed The Muppets and gave it a star rating and then went back a few days later and decided to give it another star. When I click on my review it shows the updated star rating on the right side but not by the title of the movie at the top above my review. Also, on my profile page under the picture of the movie in the recently watched section it also shows the old star rating. This happened with another movie I reviewed but I can't remember what it was

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This happens because we save the rating for a film and the rating applied to a review separately (to allow a rating to change over repeated viewings). We’re reviewing how to make this a better experience.

To fix it, go to the review page and use the “Edit” option in the right column to edit your rating within the review.

18. have an easier interface for entering multiple past viewings

I have a huge pile of old cinema tickets here, pretty much every film I've watched since the beginning of 2005. I've been adding them for the past 2 hours and got half way through.
    Could there be an easier interface for adding such a huge quantity of data? Such as a table? Also, the date picker does not give itself to easily entering past dates.

But honestly, brilliant job. Planned to do this myself years ago and never got there (hence keeping all the tickets!)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Bulk import has not been a focus but thanks for the input. While you can’t manually enter a date strong, you can click the Month/Year in the header of the calendar view to go back and find a particular month in a past year.

19. Bug? Reviews not displayed in diary

My 4 most recently viewed films are not displaying the "review" icon next to them in Diary mode. I think the problem is that the film is being logged twice: once when I said I viewed it on this date, and then again when I add my review. Perhaps only the first instance (without the review) is being shown in the diary?

It would be good if the review link showed up in the diary regardless of when it was logged. It's the only clear indicator we have of films we have or have yet to review.

In fact, it…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can add a review to a log entry after the fact. If you go back to an existing log entry, you’ll see an option to Edit it/Add a review. This is the preferred method for sure.

To fix your diary, you could copy your reviews onto the original log entries and then delete the duplicate entries.

In future we might ask you if you wish to add a review to an existing diary entry at the time you submit it, I guess this would help?

20. more flexible RSS feed

I'd quite like to import my reviews onto my blog, with a link to letterboxd. However, it seems that my RSS feed also contains other activity such as adding items to lists.

If there was a neat way to get a link to more specific RSS feed that didn't have a confusing UX that'd be really helpful.

For example Flickr has a link on each page to subscribe to update for that page. My photostream's RSS link is for all my photos, but the RSS link on the page for a particular album only contains updates to that album.

It…

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base