Please combine all the different netflix studio pages in to one

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. iOS App Not Available in US?

Is Letterboxd no longer available on iOS? I suggested a friend download the app today. They followed the link provided from the Letterboxd site. When it opened the App Store they were prompted that this item was no longer available in the US. Do you have any news on this?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  iOS app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our iOS app is temporarily out of the store, as it contravened Apple’s policies by allowing Pro upgrades via its web views, without offering in-app purchase upgrade options. We have submitted an update to Apple that removes the web view links, and are waiting for them to review it.

3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Reorder films logged on the same day

On the same day, I might watch film x and then film y, in that order. However, if I log film y first, the order in my diary will have them as y and then x, even though I watched x first. I think it would be a convenient feature to be able to reorganise the order of films logged under a given date in the diary view.

For example, I have found evidence that I watched a film on a day in 2015 that I forgot to log at the time. There was another film I logged on that…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Notify users when a title is removed from Letterboxd

Letterboxd needs to implement an automated system that can notify users when a film they have watched, logged or added to a list is removed from the website.

Sometimes, titles are removed from Letterboxd only to be added back, such as the 'Kenzo World' commercial. If I remember correctly, several hundred viewers had logged the ad when it first released on YouTube, including myself. It was only when I downloaded my Letterboxd archive that I noticed the film's URL field in the .csv file was empty, meaning it had probably been removed from Letterboxd at some point and was no…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Full statistics

Is it possible to expand most watched categories to the full list? More than the top 20 stars, directors, etc. I would it to have a complete list of most watched stars, directors.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please customise the grid size for ~editing lists..

On the "edit" pg for lists, please make the grid size customizable, or at least 10-across as opposed to the current 7-across, which is not only bigger than necessary, but makes it more take so much longer to drag new additions to the middle (or worse, closer to top) from the very end of a list in the hundreds. I think 15 or 20-across would be interesting too, as they match the display of 5-across so positioning titles could be easier. Actually, if we could just ~type in a position for a title & have it move merely by hitting…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Till we change this, note that if you enable rankings for your list, you can click a ranking and type a new number, then press Return, and the film will move to that position in the list. You can then disable rankings (if not wanted) before saving. (Helpful for moving items a long way!)

8. Allow Pro or Patron users to generate stats for their lists, like a summary of ratings, countries, actors, directors.

On the list view page for a single list, allow Pro or Patron members to generate a stats page similar to the pages generated for your diary entries.

Stats could include:
    - Count of film years/decades
    - Percent watched and in watchlist (you sort of have this already)
    - Countries (with map)
    - Languages
    - Ratings summary and averages
    - Most / least popular, watched and highest / lowest rated
    - Directors
    - Actors

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. view more most watched actors/directors on stats page

Was just wondering if there is a way to see more of the most watched actor director secton, im thinking a lot more, i would like to know who is close to making the top and which female actor ive watched the most of

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. add a way to clear your watchlist

I have over 5,000 movies on my list and at this point I'd like to just clear it out altogether than go through it movie by movie

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Advanced search

Long-time Filmtipset.se user, now migrated to Letterboxd. What I miss more than anything else is an advanced search option. I use this very frequently to set up different lists. For example, thrillers produced in France between 1960 and 1964, documentaries produced in Sweden between 1930 and 1945 or short films produced in the US between 2000 and 2015. You get my point.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add MPAA Ratings!

Perhaps there's a good reason for you NOT to include film ratings next to each film, but I feel like it's important enough information that it should be included at least somewhere. I have to exit the app to find out if the movie is rated R or not... a bit strange?

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Stop ratings and reviews for unreleased movies

As simple as that, open this settings only a couple days/weeks before the actual launch.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Higher standard for "Top Rated Films"

I've noticed that finding good films to watch through sorting by highest rating has become difficult lately. A good example would be trying to sort by highest rating and narrowing the search to horror from the 2010s.

You will find that a bunch of the results are youtube videos, and the others only have 100 or so people who have even logged the film as watched.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but shouldn't there be a higher minimum for calling something "Top Rated"? Maybe like <1000 viewed or something like that? I use this site primarily for the ability to search for…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Friends' average rating

In addition to the Letterboxd's user average, have an average score of only your friends rating.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Search by Language in Watchlists

I was just about to do this when I realized I couldn't. Can you please add a feature to sort your watchlist by specific languages, or at least by country? That would be really helpful in the future.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show all stats for directors

Right now Pro users get to see their stats for their 20 most watched/highest rated directors, and that's great, but I feel it would be better to show the entire list of directors that a user has seen and their ranking, (maybe only count a director in that list after the user seen 3 or more of his/her films to prevent overcrowding)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Renaming lists to a previous name creates a redirect loop

Create a new list called "name1".
    Rename list to "name2".

Viewing name1 now redirects to name2.

Rename list to name1.

List is now longer viewable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Will go Pro if links with Amazon Prime UK and Netflix UK

Hi there, I will immediately go Pro if the filtering worked with Amazon Prime and Amazon Video UK and Netflix UK as they offer different lists.

Please let me know if this is in development.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Remove film from list through list and/or film page

I think adding an option to remove a film from one of my lists or seeing an option to do so when I go to the film page would be really effective instead of going through the list editing page every time. Even something simple like an X in the "add to list" menu or in the top right of the poster that removes it would be great.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base