General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Ability to rank watched films (not a list)

I think we should have the option to rank all the movies in our watched or films section. I currently use the list function to rank all the movies I've seen, but I think it would be easier if this were implemented into films section or watch section.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display the rank of every movie based on rating

It would be cool if each movie had ranks.

For example Twin Peaks would be ranked #1 (I saw this after sorting average rating highest first), and Spirited away would be ranked #32, and so on.

Just another statistic to use when comparing movies. You can see where your favorite movies rank with the rest of the database.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hide notes in with spoiler tag in lists

I noticed when making lists you can add the spoiler tag for notes, which adds the spoiler warning in your list for each entry. But this doesn't really help since you can still see the text of the notes when reading in list form. Of course you can just change to grid form to avoid seeing the note, but it would be nice to be able to look through lists in both ways without having to worry about spoilers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Groups/communities

I would love to get some kind of movie groups going. We could connect accounts, compare favorite movies, suggest movies to watch, organize group watches, etc. For example, I could start one at my university.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Remove Availability to Review Movies Before Review Embargo

I kind of get sick of seeing people who haven't seen a new movie "reviewing" it before it's even out. They may not have even watched it but I kind of get tired of seeing trailer reactions for a movie, in addition to reviews from people who have gone to early screenings that contain spoilers for the movie before the embargo is up, which isn't really fair.

I say that people should have the freedom to log the movies and rate them if they've seen them but no reviews until the actual embargo is up. I got Avengers: Endgame spoiled…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Remove Biased Reviews from Popular

There are a ton of reviewers who shoot up to the top of the popular page because they've gathered a following but I'm sick of seeing the same fucking people at the top and having to read their biased reviews. I never see any popular reviews that accept that people have different opinions, I only see reviews where people get mad at something (sometimes not even having watched the movie). If you support something, go for it. If you support something else, you do you. But don't shove your ideals down someone else's throat because they're "wrong" or "don't have…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Top Films lists on your Stats page

Could you make the Top Films lists on the All-Time Stats page show ALL of them, not just the last 10 years? The year links could just go under each other.

And I don't mean by adding "allstats" tag to your list to show them all, I like how you can now just click a year and it shows you the one list.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Default 'Sort by'

Whenever I loom at an actor/director/producer's profile, I always want to see their film's listed in order of how recently released they are - bu the order always defaults to 'Film popularity'.

It would be really cool if you could set the default 'Sort by' for your profile so you didn't have to adjust it each time.

Regardless, thank you for the awesome website!

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. at streaming site Tubi tv to filter by service

When browsing my watchlist and filtering by service, I can't find films streaming on TubiTV. GoWatchMe does list movies on tubi but not on letterboxd

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Filter Comments/Jokes/Memes from actual reviews and introduce "helpful"-button

Make a filter to switch user input between Comments/Jokes/Memes and more serious reviews.

I suggest to give Comments/Jokes/Memes a reduced number of characters so that they feel like a tweet on Twitter. Keep the "Like"-Button here.

Actual reviews with great and insightful content should require an appropriate minimum of characters before being posted. Introduce a "helpful"-Button here.

Abusing the review section for Jokes should be reportable.

I think this is a solution that would benefit everyone and the social aspect of letterboxd would not suffer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. add the ability to add movies to the database

I have noticed several movies that appear on IMDB and The Movie Database but they do not appear on here when searching for them. Is there anyway we can add movies from The Movie Database to Letterboxd? Clearly if they are on The Movie Database and IMDB they are legit movies so no reason for Letterboxd not to have them. i can ist the films that i know are currently missing if you wish.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Replace Gowatchit with Justwatch

It's been 5 months and Gowatchit still lists Filmstruck/Filmstruck+Criterion as one of the service providers. The Criterion channel has not been added. It does not include Hoopla, Kanopy, TubiTV, the Roku channel or IMDB Freedive (perhaps because they are free or free with a library card?). It also lists films as available although what is available is just something with a similar title. Justwatch is much more accurate, useful and is updated constantly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. recommend similar directors/actors

add somewhere on a director/actor's page similar people, like this website: https://www.movie-map.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Release Date Preference

I'd love to be able to choose the release location in my profile so release dates would match. For instance instead of seeing when a movie first hit the festivals overseas or even here in the US, I could choose to see them listed by the year of their theatrical release in the US. Others could choose their country.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Feature-Length/Short Categories on Profiles

It might be a good idea to add "shorts" and "feature-length films" categories to the "genres" bar on users' "watched films" pages, so that they can view these types of films separately if they choose to do so. A miscellaneous category might also be a good addition, as there are many non-films (i.e. TV episodes, music videos) on Letterboxd.

This would probably make it easier for users to keep track of the actual number of films they've watched, as opposed to everything they've watched regardless of the type of medium.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Search my profile

A search bar on profiles to quickly find lists and reviews by title and tags.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. website notifications

would really like to have a notifications tab on the website so i can see who has liked my reviews or commented

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In lists, show your own ratings instead of the list owner's

For lists like the top 250 and lists in general is pretty annoying that you can only see the owner's rating instead of your own.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Better comment section/notifications

This idea can be applied to any platform Letterboxd is used on, but the way comment sections are manged is very out of date and not user friendly. The only way to know about comments is through emails and that can leave one's inbox very cluttered. Rather than what we already have, maybe adopt a design similar to Instagram or YouTube where people can like comments and reply in subsections, and also implementing a notification tab where you can easily see who liked your review or started following you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base