General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add Watchlist icon to poster overlay

If you put the icon next to 'watched' and 'favorite' it would save the extra clicking and hunting to see if i already have the item on my watchlist. Also, it would save the extra clicks of having to put the item on watchlist, which is a frequently used option, like 'watched' and 'favorite'.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow users to upload a profile picture without Twitter or Gravatar

Please allow users the option to upload an avatar/profile picture without having to connect a Twitter (I don't have a Twitter, for example) or create a Gravatar account. Uploading profile photos directly to an account is a simple feature that most all other social media platforms allow!

424 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. iOS app: iPad optimized layouts

The ios app is nice and all, but I have an iPad and phone apps on iPad are just awful.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. iOS app: URL schemes

Very excited about the iOS app being released today, but I'm sort of disappointed there is no URL scheme support. The ability to launch the Letterboxd app from another app or jump right to adding a specific film would be great for the many people who use launcher apps on iOS. But just in general it'd be a good move to allow other apps to interact more directly with your app.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add the ability to sort by list size

Lists are a great way to find similar/related films, but the function has been overrun by lists such as "2015 Films, Ranked"-- lists that are more about the user than the film. These lists may serve a purpose but when I'm looking at an obscure film with 95 "rank" lists and only 5 related to the actual content of the film, it's very frustrating.

Of course it's not feasible to ask users to mark their lists as such. Sorting by list size (smallest to largest) would be an elegant way to push the smaller, more thoughtfully curated lists to the…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

It should be 2015, but TMDb has no option to list multiple release dates for a single territory. So those who believe the wide release date is the correct one for USA have kept changing it to 2016.

7. Arrange List By Your Own Rating

I have private lists of the movies watched during a specific year, and would love to be able to arrange them by my own star rating. The site already allows to arrange lists by all users' average rating, but it sure would be swell to be able to arrange by my own personal ratings. Thanks.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Functionality like canistreamit.com

I'd love to be able to go straight from letterboxed to some sort of streaming availability for a particular title. So functionality like Canistreamit or just straight integration with them...where you could click on a "look up title on canistreamit" button.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. add "Liked" to import CSV format

I love using Letterboxd and want to make my account as canonical as possible an expression of my film viewing history. I've combined my dvdpedia and netflix data into one huge de-duped comma free spreadsheet but only one thing is preventing me from importing about 1300 of my entries...I want to have them marked as "Liked" on letterboxd and there is currently no field for that (I prefer using "Like" to star ratings).

I would love it if you could add a boolean field for "Liked" to your importer, and would sincerely appreciated it if you could drop me an…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Profile -> Films: Merge "Watched" and "Rated"

I think it would nicer if "Watched" and "Rated" would be merged in one page, with the thumbnail size of "Watched" (small posters). They would have the watched and rating icons, first overlaid, and second below the poster.

When I'm seeing friends' profiles, I want to see all this information at one look. And normally watched/rated overlap to a very high degree. I don't see the downside in merging these two view.

Also, I'd implement intelligent pagination (if you scroll down, a new set of films is added to current page) like Twitter and Facebook do, instead of discrete "Next/Prev"…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Upgrade from Pro to Patron?

Hey Guys, how do I upgrade from Pro to Patron?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. On a film page, show me if my friends have it in their Watchlist

The ability to see which of my friends have seen/logged a given film is great; I’d love to also be able to see which of my friends wants to see the film, and then we could arrange to see it together. Great opportunity to take the social aspect of Letterboxd off the internet and into the real world.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Fix Add to Lists Problem

I posted about this on Twitter awhile ago, but it's still a problem. When I go to a film page, I no longer have the option to add that film to a list.

Instead I see a new option, which wasn't there before, which says "Start a new list with this film."

On Twitter you suggested that this was because I didn't have any lists, but I do! Indeed, when I select "Lists" from the dropdown under my user name, I can see them all.

I thought the problem might be because I have them all set to Private, but…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

At present you must have at least one public list for this to work. The reason this approach didn’t work for you is that the cached value for the number of public lists on your account didn’t update in a timely fashion. Give it 24 hours. You’ll need to keep at least one public list for this option to appear. We will fix it, but as part of another unit of work, so may take a while.

14. Film search bar

I think it would be very convenient if the instant search used for adding films and on the Films page were located on every page. Using the standard search bar is much more complicated than this.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Widget to show recently diary entry on blog sidebar

I would like a widget I can put on my blog sidebar to show film (with poster image) I recently saw.
    I have tried put letterboxd RSS on blog sidebar, but It only has text and on show the entry with review.
    Thank you.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Lists on film page

If I were to go onto an individual films page, I would like to see if that movie is in one of my lists.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good idea. The quickest way to do this right now is to click the Lists icon below the poster, then change the view to filter by You instead of everyone. Be good to have that on the page somewhere though, you’re right.

17. Search within a member’s account or list

It would be extremely useful to be able to search for titles in certain lists, such as the top 250/other poll lists and 3rdrevelation's "youtube collection". Does this make sense?

94 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add more statistics to Year In Review page, update more than once a year

I am trying to make my film-watching as robust as possible. the more statistics i can see, the better. I set personal annual goals of number to watch, amount of special collections, foreign languages, etc. if I could see these on a rolling basis I'd have an idea of how far I'm leaning in any one direction (ie oh shit I've watched 70% comedies this year). Ideas include adding:

-breakdown of languages watched
    -breakdown of award-winning or special collection (ie criterion) films watched
    -infographic of nations watched (ie a map showing the globe and 4 films made in Israel, 16…

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Create a Letterboxd 'Top Films List'

Essentially a list akin to IMDB's famous Top 250, but using the ratings data from Letterboxd users instead. A list that allowed for lesser-seen films to show up would be ideal but any such list would be a great addition in my opinion.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make it possible to search using special characters

I encountered this error when searching for the actor Gustaf Skarsgård.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base