General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Updated data for the film Hotel Coolgardie

Hi folks, just wondering how to update screening data for Hotel Coolgardie.

as well as Amazon (as listed) we are also available on iTunes and Vimeo-On-Demand.

Links here:

https://geo.itunes.apple.com/gb/movie/hotel-coolgardie/id1260117616?mt=6

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/120515

Thanks!

Other links:
    www.hotelcoolgardiethefilm.com
    https://www.facebook.com/hotelcoolgardiethefilm/
    https://twitter.com/Hotel_C_Film
    https://www.instagram.com/hotel_c_film/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for sending this info. Your film was not listed on GoWatchIt.com, our source for most of our availability date, so we’ve forwarded this to them to add, and it should show up for us in due course.

2. GREMLINS

i constantly get error messages.. pleeaase fix this

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. can you fix the services option

it is not accurate. especially netflix, like not even close

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. wordpress widget

I have a film and book review blog, would love to have a widget on my sidebar that links to my LetterBoxD account so my readers can follow me on here, and maybe see what scores I have given films I have watched recently.

I noticed some older questions from a few years ago, that talked about plans being in the works for widgets, but I can't find any information on currently available ones.

Do these widgets exist, please?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We have a widget for a single film which we can set up for your site, it shows LB’s ratings chart for the film, not your specific rating though (unless the visitor to your site follows you).

Email help@letterboxd.com if you’d like this set up for your site (it’s by request only, for now).

6. Printable "watched" list

It would be kind of cool if there was a way to export lists to a printable file. The website is great, but I just like having things on paper as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Android app: add to list and list editing

Hello, It might be me who can't find it, but I don't seem to have the option to add movies to any list on the Android app ? Also I can see my lists but am unable to edit them ? I'm sorry if it's not the right place to ask this, but it could be a bug? Thank you !

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Issue finding title for list

I'm trying to list every movie that I've seen, but am having trouble. I want to add the movie Life (1999 - Ted Demme) to my 1999 list, but it isn't showing up in the search bar. Sometimes you can tinker with the letters to get what you want to show up but I'm having no luck.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to group lists

I was thinking it would be a cool idea if you group all of your lists together in categories or groups for example I have a list for every year of movies that I have seen I would like to put all of those in one group and be able to alphabetize them by name of list for quicker access and then I have a few more lists that are awards winners in different types of awards ?I would like to be able to put them all in a separate group for easy access and so on and so on

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We recommend using tags to group lists. On your Lists page you’ll see a list of commonly-used tags, which act like folders and enable you to access subsets of your lists.

10. Add a new film finder/generator

I'm thinking, a button you press that randomly picks a film from either; the entire library, your watchlist, your watched list or a filtered search.

I've seen some lists that say go to (random number generator website) to pick a movie. Would be nice to have it built into the app itself... but movies not numbers lol

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add the new Twin Peaks (2017) as a limited series

Previously I wrote feedback concerning Paolo Sorrentino's The Young Pope (2016), and how it should be on Letterboxd as a limited series (miniseries) so long as the site was including such things.* [See link at the bottom.] I made a detailed argument about the identity of a miniseries and how the format should be considered. As my request was promptly fulfilled, my argument seemingly adopted, I'm unsure how much I need to repeat myself in regard to my latest request, about the 2017 limited series Twin Peaks.

In much of Showtime's promotional material, the title Twin Peaks: The Return is…

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re working on a solution to allow us to continue to import mini series from TMDb even once they are moved to its TV section. Once this is ready, we’ll be better placed to make a call about the inclusion of this content.

12. Filter Films by Country of Origin

I just spent almost 3 hours filling out my watched list for 2017 alone and the thing that made it so daunting was the fact that I had to wade through a ton of films not from my country of origin. I'd like to filter out all countries except those I choose. So if I wanted to only see films from the United States and France, then I want to see only those instead of having to view from every country. That is the one feature that isn't on this site that will keep me from returning. I need to…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Including rewatched indication in the diary export data

Please including rewatched indication as a yes/no or something similar in the diary export data file.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Tag Sorting/Filtering

It would be nice if I could go to Tags, select a tag, and sort the resulting list of films based on the dates I logged them in my diary. Since the tags are on the log entries and not on the films themselves, it seems like this should be something that is allowed.

Another idea would be to allow more robust filtering on the diary (and on other lists), maybe filter by tags you've created?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sync with IMDB - Both ways.

It would be great if it would be possible to sync my Letterboxd Watchlist with IMDB, so I don't have to do the same work on IMDB, I have done on Letterboxed already. It would be much easier to export my List from Letterboxd, an import it on IMDB.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have an Export of your watchlist in Settings. If IMDb supports importing it, this should work. Full sync isn’t possible without a free, open API which they don’t have (and neither do we, yet).

16. Comment control including ability to close/disable comments

I think letterboxd users should be able to control on who comments on their reviews. There's a lot of bitter angry people who get mad when they read something they don't like and I, and many others, don't like being attacked. So maybe a control on who comments on your reviews? Like, a toggle option 'only people you follow can comment on your reviews'? I'm not sure if that would be difficult to do or not. Or the ability to delete others comments from our reviews. I don't like having to constantly report a comment I don't like waiting for…

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have considered a few options in consultation with members, and our solution to preventing members posting comments (and removing all comments from a member) is to Block the member on their profile page.

Blocking was recently upgraded so if you block a member, their comments are removed from all of your content, for you and anyone who visits it.

We’re happy with the 15-minute edit window on comments, and in extreme cases you can use the report function to have your own comments removed beyond this window.

17. Keep getting odd glitch where it only shows the first five of a list and nothing else

It happens mostly when I am connecting to another internet source than my own home (commercial places like STARBUCKS and other cafes).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a browser compatibility issue. Older versions of some browsers don’t support “flexbox” layouts, which we recently switched to. We’ve increased support, in the past week.

18. List spacing mistake

Since the design change, the spacing between films on the last row of all lists has become smaller than every row above. It looks jarring compared to the more evenly spaced rows, and I would like it if Letterboxd's staff could please look into this and fix it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. [Bug] Overlayed icons misaligned in activity feed

Why can't I post a screenshot here? And why can't I log a bug, only a "suggestion"? This is frustrating.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Change back your recent visual change - 27 Nov 16 - please.

It doesn't look very good, at least not as much as it used to look, and also you changed the script of the web page or something and now the movie posters aren't being displayed correctly in the list pages.
    Now I can't see my own lists!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base