General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. change the Wizard of Oz poster

Hello!

Ihad a small suggestion to make concerning the poster used for the classic 1939 film "The Wizard of Oz". I have flagged the Wizard of Oz entry on Letterboxd before to try this, but did not receive any reply. Now, from what I understand, Letterboxd usually prefers to use the original theatrical poster without credits to make it easily readable at smaller sizes. The current poster (https://bit.ly/2uDOqQU), though it is from the original theatrical release, has a great deal of text that clouds the artwork and, in my personal opinion, just isn't designed well or very pleasing…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Most watched movies in a day

One day I couldn’t get to sleep for some reason so I started watching a movie and then I still couldn’t sleep so I watched another and it just kept going and after that I just wanted too see how many movies I could watch in a day so I did. Now I really like the look of the stats page but I still would like to see something like “most watched movies in a day” and also what those movies were.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Deleted some of my reviews accidentally, could they possibly be restored?

Hi, I accidentally deleted a heap of reviews which I have been posting over the last couple of months. If it was only one or two I wouldn’t be bothered but because of the amount I was hoping that someone could possibly restore them for me?

Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iOS app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. tag users in your review

i would like to be able to tag a user in the comments of my review so that they can easily navigate to a review that i want them to see, that i've posted

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Tapping on your avatar should take you to your profile.

As of now accessing your profile means opening the hamburger menu on the top left and tapping on "Profile".
    I believe it would be cleaner and intuitive to give that ability to the profile picture, instead of just having it sit there at the top of the menu with no functionality whatsoever.

Cheers!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. show reviews on favorite movies

show the review button and link the user's review of their favorite movies (the four favorites on a user's profile) so that people who look at a user's profile can see what the person said about their favorite movies

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When you block someone, you should NEVER have to see their account. Ever.

When I block someone, I want them GONE. Out of my feed, out of my followers' reviews, everything. I don't want to have to see their profile pop up under any circumstance. I have incredible anxiety and seeing a user that I've blocked for numerous reasons still show up in my feed is incredibly anxiety-inducing. I've debated leaving the site because of how much of a problem this is, and how seeing their profile makes me feel very bad thoughts that I don't want to feel. (not suicidal ones, just angry ones)

Seeing the "three dots" thing in place of…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Help Finding a Movie

There are a bunch of obscure movie titles that I would love to watch, but do not have access to them. They are not streaming or available in any physical form (e.g., DVD, VHS). I think it would be nice to have a feature in which a user can ask for help from other users to track down a certain title.

Sometimes I see that there are reviews or ratings from other users on titles that make me think, "How in the heck did they watch that? I've been searching for that title for years!"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. allow users to "favourite" directors/actors/etc that they want to keep track of

When a user favourites someone it gets saved in a list of their of their Favourites. That way users can follow up on directors/actors they like and check out their filmography and see if there are other movies in the filmography that they would like to see. Right now users likely click on directors/actors after watching a movie they enjoyed, and they go through the filmography, and their only option is to add movies to their watchlist. But if users are allowed to favourite directors/actors, they can come back a year or 2 later and see what else they have…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Organization of Watchlist

i think the watchlists can be less cluttered and more organized if we could categorize our watchlist. perhaps by genre or simply make our own categories. i know we already have lists but i feel keeping all watchlist categories in once place and lists in another would be a nice way to organize films

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Organization of Watchlist

i think the watchlists can be less cluttered and more organized if we could categorize our watchlist. perhaps by genre or simply make our own categories. i know we already have lists but i feel keeping all watchlist categories in once place and lists in another would be a nice way to organize films

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Filter by minimum rating

Let's say I'm browsing the list of films from 2018, I can see there's plenty of movies that have a very low rating because, of course, popular doesnt mean good.

In such a situation, it would be very useful to say "I'd like to filter out movies that have less than a 3 or 3.5 rating"

Does that make sense? I'm guessing it wouldnt be too complicated to implement either.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Private Notes About a User

I'd love to be able to add a note to user profiles, that only I could see. This is a social network, where I like to follow friends, but it's not facebook and there's a decent chance they're not using their real name and a recognizable avatar picture... so it would be nice to be able to note "This is Steve".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Smart Lists

I'd love if some of the ingenuity that goes into the Year in Review was available to me on a more personalized, and regular basis.

It would be great if I could see some auto-generated lists, highlighting 'Movies that you rate a full star higher than the letterboxd average', or 'Movies you haven't watched but a friend has written a review for'.

Maybe there are just a few of these that Letterboxd generates as part of the user overview (like the biggest deviation from average ratings, that would be nice to view for everyone), maybe Letterboxd just makes a custom,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Group friend activity by movie

One big gap in the social aspect of Letterboxd is the ability to see the feedback of friends, aggregated by movie.

I'd love to be able to look at a list of all movies my friends have reviewed, sorted by number of different reviews from friends.

Instead, I need to either go to a specific movie and see if any friend has reviewed it, or keep my eye on the activity feed to see one of those reviews fly by.

Neither of those options serve the purpose of knowing that there's a movie that I haven't heard of that 5…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The movie poster for Stockholm (2019) is not correct and is some bootleg poster off the internet.

Please use the correct official poster for the film. As a producer, I can provide the proper poster via a link or email if required. The correct one is used on imdb and most other sites.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Need an importer from MUBI

Ability to import from MUBI

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Rating box bars missing average rating of total users rating

All the information is there but miss the average rate from all total users rating. I think that seeing the number with bars is very helpful

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Saved Filters

I repeatedly check if there are movies by a director or actor on a streaming service. Right now I have to do each of those individually. It will be nice to filter them all at once, and save this filter

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base