Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add location to diary entries.

I visit a lot of movie theatres and would love to be able to add the location of each movie viewing. (A database of worldwide cinemas can be found on cinematreasures.org) an alternative "watched at home" option could also be available.

It would be interesting to see if my friends are watching movies at home or at a cinema and if so which cinema. There could also be an option to view a map of different locations where you've watched movies along with dates.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We suggest using tags to track this sort of usage. There are so many potential pieces of metadata that could be added and we don’t feel it makes sense to add these individually to the interface.

4. organize search results

For example, would there be a way to organize lists that come up in the search by the number of films that are on them or even by list title?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Look at Letterboxd.com on Safari on Windows

Letterboxd.com does not seem to like Safari on Windows 7. If the home page loads at all, it usually takes several tries, crashing Flash or something along the way which, in turn, forces all other tabs to reload their content, too.

Safari on OSX (Lion), on the other hand has no problem with Letterboxd.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We need to see comments when updating a list

Say you have a list that requires user input ("Essential War Films"). People suggest films in the comments section of the list. So now it is time to add their suggestions to your list, but oops, you can't, because the "edit list" function doesn't display the comments!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make general film release date stable

Too many times I've come on this site and see something like a film from the 1930s having a release date listed as 2013.

Is there any way to make sure that once film information is verified that it remains fixed?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Team members/volunteers who can update info?

Have you thought about implementing a special group of users that can instantly update or referesh movie data? like maybe a small group of long-time/trusted users who want to volunteer for it? I know anyone can update the information but that is the problem... every now and then a smart ass will purposely mess up the a description with "suck my d***" or something and it can take up to a day for the corrections on tmdb to roll over. It would be nice if there were a few people who could look out for this sort of stuff and…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make the year a film came out stable.

Is there a way to keep the years films were released stable? Every other time I come on Letterboxd there's a movie from another decade that's now listed as having a '2013' release date. Why?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Aside from the like button, a "Love" button.

I like A LOT of movies, but there are a handful that I LOVE.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Letterboxd community voted awards idea. Boxy Awards :D

Over the space of a Month (four/five weeks) I don't know December or January perhaps. Include a few award boxes as added options on films listings. (any data received from movies older than 12 months would obviously need to filtered out on when the final results are shown publicly, so people couldn't get Citizen Kane any more awards)

Ideally a user could only ever have one choice for each category, if he/she clicked a second movies box it would remove the previous logged choice. This way you're not getting the most viewed movies your getting the one thats had to…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Articles/Filmic news.

News and articles could be a big draw for potential users. TotalFilm displays great web-spread via featuring it's articles on Tumblr. LetterBoxd could provide featured articles from the community, with specific contributors. News could be provided externally by existing sites to simply provide for users, or content could be self-made which would provide for users and help the spread via sharing. All Film orientated, obviously.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I can't view or use the site at all.

Going to the homepage makes it load momentarily before being replaced with the 2001: A Space Odyssey screenshot error page. I can go to my profile by typing in the URL and view most other pages on the site, but I can't actually do anything like I was able to before; clicking 'seen', 'like', or trying to comment or log/review a film results in an orange bar at the top reading "Internal Server Error". Is this something on my end or are there issues with the site?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Save review as draft

I want to write more reviews to contribute more, but I need time, and since there is no way of saving drafts before publishing a review, I keep dropping reviews all together instead of writing something half assed. Writing reviews locally in a text editor up front doesn't work for me, I simply find it to big of a hassle. This is just a fun hobby after all, not serious business :)

81 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Sort (Film) By Date Viewed

I know that doesn't completely work as some don't enter dates - but for those of us who are adding films "from the past" - the "date added" isn't very relevant.

I'd rather have the option to sort by "Date Watched" to be primary sort and then any without dates to be at bottom (sorted secondarily by date added). Just a thought.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add film to watchlist from "Add film" dialogue

Basically instead of being able to add a film to my "seen" catalogue, let me add a film that I find to my watchlist. Adding a film to a watchlist is basically too difficult at the moment.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Letterboxd should have their own awards similar to the Oscars where we the users can vote for nominees and winners

Hold yearly awards to select the best of the best in multiple categories that we can nominate and vote on.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Offer a "Now Watching" option

I think it would be good to be able to mark the film you're currently watching.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add tags to diary list

If we're tagging our diary entries with, say, "theater", it would be nice to be able to see the tags in a column when looking at the diary list.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Exclusive Content

I love to browse for extra info on the films I'm looking forward to seeing and I'm always on the look out for something new. Maybe some exclusive interviews or photoshoots to give us some more stuff to look at. I realise this is probably not an immediate priority but I think something like this is needed to make the site a bit more exciting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base