General

General

Categories

1. I understand that you need funding, but please - oh please - stop the video popups in the bottom right corner. I'm not even against video ads in dedicated spots in the pages, but the popup COVERS YOUR CONTENT. And it is also anathema to many accessibility guidelines that I know you know since the site is overall very well designed.

The video popup covers content, reappears relentlessly no matter how often a user closes it, and repeats the same ad over and over. Also, accessibility nightmare, hello?

If you need money that urgently, I'd be happy to chip in…

86 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    19 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Really not a fans of the new film rating layout under all the film image, i think it will be much better if we can choose whether we want to display it or not. And i think there are some people who love it and also some people who don't like i am. It's kinda look messy in my opinion.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This change was to make our website and apps more consistent. If you enjoy the grid-only view, you can achieve this by instead visiting the Popular or Highest Rated views in the main Films tab and turning on the “Show Watched Films” filter.

3. Is there any feasible way to implement this? When you block someone on Letterboxd you automatically lose all review/list likes and comments, but currently you are not automatically unsubscribed from e-mail notifications from all review/list comment threads.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Move the watch/watched and add to watchlist button to movie page, not inside plus button. Hitting plus button every time is annoying.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Android app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I'm trying to browse doco's and every page is crowded by live music, live comedy and TV specials, how can we filter this stuff out?

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is no useful tagging applied at TMDb to separate these titles from regular comedies or films about music. Please send a support request to TMDb to add these categories, as top-level genres or via another, similar flag that we can support.

6. Please combine all the different netflix studio pages in to one

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Is Letterboxd no longer available on iOS? I suggested a friend download the app today. They followed the link provided from the Letterboxd site. When it opened the App Store they were prompted that this item was no longer available in the US. Do you have any news on this?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  iOS app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our iOS app is temporarily out of the store, as it contravened Apple’s policies by allowing Pro upgrades via its web views, without offering in-app purchase upgrade options. We have submitted an update to Apple that removes the web view links, and are waiting for them to review it.

8. Technical specs are displayed on IMBD but not on TMDB. Can this be done, either by pushing for implementation on TMDB or something else? I don't really care about sorting films by their specs (except runtime which already exists) but I'd like LB to show a few things like original aspect ratio, color, sound mix. Maybe even film format/digital format but that's complicated because lots of films use both or multiple formats.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Hi Mathew
    Please fix the comments section below lists .. the 'show all comments'
    button doesn't work. This is a massive problem for lists with more than 1000 comments

Regards
    goo.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I’m really enjoying using this app and I’m new to the platform. So it’s worrying me that I always get the same type of click bait / phishing type of advert that claims I’ve won an iPhone cause I’m the 1000th customer. Please fix this, if I’m investing time and putting my info into this app, I need to be assured that data isn’t completely being ransomed to anybody. I’m not ignorant I know cause it’s free we can expect adverts but click bait spam ads, really ??

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iOS app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. First of all, i'm sorry for my bad english ! I'm a french user and I would like to share an idea, it could be useful I think ^^
    On the IOS app, If I want to see my rating for a movie, I have to click on the "...". It's not that long, but I think it would be more useful if our personal rating was visible directly on the front page, like in the user's average rating, do you know what I mean ? Maybe a different color for our personal rating, or maybe a brighter star.
    DIfferent…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  iOS app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The ability to block a list, so you don't have to see the same lists over and over again.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It's best to show the actual number of times I have watched a movie if I have seen it more than ten times. Right now, a movie with more than 10 watches just gives me a "!" sign instead of the actual number. It's a good way to keep track of movies and I thought that that was the point of this website.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Is it possible to expand most watched categories to the full list? More than the top 20 stars, directors, etc. I would it to have a complete list of most watched stars, directors.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It appears that my Amazon Prime filter under Services on my Pro account is no longer showing me just the free streaming options! It appears it is also showing paid options which is a bummer. Pretty sure it’s a bug. Mind looking into it for us?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I want to type in multiple actors and see what films they have been in together. Or see how many times a director collaborated with the same actor.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Basically an addition to the "Where to watch" feature on the lower left side, but for movies currently playing. some kind of Fandango integration perhaps?

could be as simple as a box to enter your zip code which sends you to a page on Fandango or something.

Or could be advanced as something where your profile on LB has your zip and it'll show local showtimes.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Similar to the IMDB, which shows a film's position in the top rated movies list.

For The Godfather, IMDB shows: Top Rated Movies #2.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. What was a movie's star-rating the year it came out - compared to people who saw it 2 or 5 or 10 years later? How do movies age over time?

As it is now, we only know the average opinion (star-rating) of a movie - not able to distinguish movies that were disliked at some point and liked at some other.

Which movies were hated at one point and loved at some other?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?