General

1. Most watched

I don't know if this is available already but I'd like to see how many times I have watched a particular film

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Android app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Crew changes from TMDB not imported

I have added many composers and lyricists
    eg. https://www.themoviedb.org/person/1741599-manna-dey?language=en-US
    But it still hasn't been imported despite 15 days passed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Better search functionality (typeahead / autocomplete)

Search really needs to have type ahead. It's 2018... use type ahead or auto complete or whatever you want to call it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Where to Watch

The “Where to Watch” section for each movie is a great tool and a good way to easily find films in my watchlist that can be immediately available (I have Netflix, Hulu, and Prime). Unfortunately, it seems these haven’t been updated in years: there are many films that say they are available on Netflix when they are not and vice versa. Netflix publishes a list of what’s coming and going each month and it would seem easy to continue to update...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iOS app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We use GoWatchIt.com’s data to keep our Netflix availability up to date, but we can sometimes lag by a few days/weeks for less popular titles. If you spot any titles that have incorrect data for the US market in the Where to Watch panel, please send a list to help@letterboxd.com and we’ll get them updated. We appreciate the help!

5. Find reviews for a film based on star rating

Would it be possible to filter film reviews by star rating? It can be quite laborious trying to find reviews that are generally positive or negative etc, with even more sorting and scrolling required to find anything in the middle. I feel certain reviews can often get a bit lost in the mix.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our iOS and Android apps support a “Rated in range” filter, so you can see all 3-star reviews for a film, or all reviews that are between 2 and 4 stars, for example. This is not yet available on our website (one of the few situations where our apps are more fully featured)!

6. Advertising on Letterboxd

Please post here if you have questions or concerns around advertising on Letterboxd, and a representative from our ad partner (Advally) will respond.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Filter options for language and nationality

A section were you can filter by their language or nationality

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Save lists and reviews for quick future access.

Like saving a post in Facebook to private "Saved" space. It would be very effective to save lists and reviews you enjoyed and to also read it in the future with quick and easy access option.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We already allow you to save “private” lists. DIsable the public setting and save.

We do not have draft reviews, yet (but in our iOS app you can cancel a review and we save its contents for next time).

9. Allow a handy A-Z Listing of our Reviewed Titles

It would be convenient to have an alphabetical list (titles only/NO TEXT) so see all our reviewed titles easily at a glance. After having 1000 + titles listed, it becomes a bit difficult to locate certain titles, or even to know what we have reviewed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can sort your Films > Reviews tab by film title, but that still gives you a paginated list with review text.

Perhaps using the Export option in Settings and then examining reviews.csv in a spreadsheet app will give you the most flexibility until we can address this shortcoming.

10. Missing TV mini series

Hi, I've found a few missing TV mini series which that are not on your website. If you could add them that would be great. And yes they are all mini series thanks

Zen https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1618371/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Till We Meet Again https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/6108-judith-krantz-s-till-we-meet-again

Picnic at hanging rock https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/78881-picnic-at-hanging-rock

the woman in white https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6036728/?ref_=kw_li_tt

Fearless https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/72289-fearless-2017

Innocent https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5963958/?ref_=kw_li_tt

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Movies by Country?

The site is great but when you browse all the movies you can filter them by year and genre but not country, which makes researches much longer, at least for me...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can browse by country from a film’s page. This is sub-optimal as you need to find a film from the country you’re interested in, in order to find more from that country. We plan to add a list of all countries and languages.

12. Lists intersection

I have my watchlist, my friend has their watchlist, I like that friend, if I could intersect our two watchlists, I can see what movie we could watch together!

Would also be awesome for other lists (like which of 1001 movies you have to see before you die are on New Yorker Best 100 movies of all time? Which Nostalgia Critic-reviewed movies were also covered in the How Did This Get Made podcast?)

You guys love lists. We love lists too! Give us the option to intersect our lists :D

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Android app: add sorting and filtering options

In the website you can search a film by year or decade. It would be very nice if you could do the same in the Android app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. User-generated community tags, similar to Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/tag/

On film pages, users would be able to apply tags that are appropriate or relevant to a film (such as "female director" or "coming of age").

Tags that are applied frequently become featured categories, helping everyone discover new films through a new set of themes and attributes defined by the community.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fix Website

I've had nothing but issues with it since I signed up yesterday. It keeps failing. I like the design. If it doesn't keep giving me errors, I would pay for a subscription.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. User Rated Yearly Rankings

i think a more definitely ranked Top User-Rated Films of each year would be highly useful for finding essentials and adding them to your watchlist, and just for encouraging debate. i know this is sort of already done but it is also somewhat cluttered with films that have received high ratings due to a low amount of ratings, and also TV mini-series which can't be filtered.

i would also love if the films yearly ranking was shown on the film's page, like how rateyourmusic does with albums (ie, Children of Men being shown as the #1 top user rated film…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Beta API

I emailed api@letterboxd.com to grant me access to the beta API on January 27th & have not received a response. Would you grant me access?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Random Movie Button

I am sure you have had this asked for plenty but here goes!

As I have been adding movies to my watch list, I realise as the list grows I am less and less likely to watch the ones that I added earliest, as I would have to scroll all the way down.

My simple idea is to have a button that will cycle through your watch list and pick a random movie - for when I am looking for a movie to watch!

Could also possibly do the same for the site as a whole and it’s entire database…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. How do I make my lists appear in the year they were released?

How do I make my lists appear in the year they were released?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Improve GoWatchIt matching algorithm

There are a number of titles that letterboxd gets wrong when using the gowatchit service filter option. For instance, navigating to the "Okja" page and clicking "More services" under the "Watch" banner, the page from gowatchit lists the title as "Oka!" which is an entirely different movie. This explains why "Okja" does not show up on the Netflix service filter in letterboxd, even though it is a Netflix original.

Those names are similar enough, but it also makes some nonsensical errors - "The Human Surge" links to a movie called "The Lovers and the Despot". There are many more examples.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base