General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Expedite review updates

I find it takes a VERY long time (days?) for a change to a review to percolate to the profile page. More annoying, the first paragraph (that precedes the "more..." link is updated, but not the full review. The editing page shows the changes immediately.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Buggy tags list graphics

When I'm on my "Lists" page the tags list on the right side of the page looks very buggy. It happened some time in the last few weeks (perhaps after an update/maintenance process?) and hasn't changed since. I use lists and list tags a lot and it's a bit frustrating not being able to see which tags are linked in the tags list on my "Lists" page. I've put a link to a picture of what the tags list looks like for me at the bottom of this message.

http://i.imgur.com/NkGYyiz.png

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remove the Episode numbers from any non-prequel Star Wars movie

Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back was never the title of the movie, same goes for Return of the Jedi and even new The Force Awakens seems to be shunning the "Episode" label outside of the opening crawl.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Search provides unexpected results for some keywords

you put a title of a film and they give you star wars

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Stop deleting comment automatically

Hi. You keep deleting my comments automatically, I guess it’s because they’re written in hebrew. I suggest you fix that.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. "date you watched movie" feature broken

I asked this question on twitter, but in any case the "date you watched movie" feature seems to be running about 3 days behind (it's 11-24 but on your site "today" is 11-21) and I was wondering if you were aware. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Could you please post some info here about what page you’re seeing this on (i.e. do you mean the calendar widget in the Add a Film popup is defaulting to the incorrect date?) and what OS/browser you’re using.

If possible, please post a link to a screenshot that demonstrates the issue as well.

7. make release year view more visible

When backloading my watched movies, I wanted to view all movies by year (not tagged by year, or someones list for a year). Putting a year into the search box didn't get what I wanted.
    I only accidentally found the /release/[year] URI, which gives exactly what I wanted.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Include multiple trailers

I noticed that movies only have on trailer, and I think it'd be cool to include a list that pop ups of all the trailers of the movie from which we can choose which one to watch.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. IMDb Ratings Forced on Import?

I use Letterboxd as a film diary (from 2012 and onwards) & as a list-factory but just now I went to import a list from IMDb & was informed that my ratings would be added with no opt-out. I've done this before & had the option to add the rating or not - I don't want to rate films I have seen before I started my diary. Any suggestions to fix this would be appreciated, thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Robb, right at the bottom of the confirmation screen before you complete the Import, you should see a checkbox marked “Import Ratings”. Uncheck this to prevent the ratings from being imported.

Update: it appears we don’t offer this for List Imports, only Diary imports. In which case which we fix that, the quickest way around this will be to open your list in a CSV editor like Excel and remove the Ratings column completely, then try reimporting.

10. Improve setup process

When I downloaded the app, I was then sent to a "review these favourite films" list. I entered over 100 films I think and recorded some on a watchlist. When I logged in later, only the watch list was saved and the reviews and record of all films was not recorded. What a waste of an hour!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Keep Streaming Availability Up to Date Better

I bought Pro primarily for the ability of cross-referencing my Lists with the various streaming services while still at the Video Store because I HATE when I rent a movie that is on Netflix or Amazon Prime.

I am always having to search each film on both before I check out.

This feature is amazing, but not accurate as I had hoped as I have found both missing titles as well as titles that are available to stream that are not represented.

Other than this, I absolutely love your site and it easily the best of its kind.

Thanks,
    Jody…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Please report individual titles that are incorrect by going to GoWatchIt.com and using the “Feedback” link on the right edge of the screen. (You’ll need to specify that the data is wrong via their API, rather than on their website.)

Thanks for helping keep our data up to date!

12. Bug: In the calendar, months don't properly open.

I have discovered that when I click June, the calendar actually opens July. Likewise, November actually opens December. I cringe at the notion of inattentive users adding lots of dates without realizing they've added them to the wrong month!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Consider the year, if supplied in a search phrase

So movies with generic titles will produce many search results. For example, searching for 'One Day' produces eight matching movies with the same title. It would be useful to be able to add the release date and narrow down the search so the movie you want pops up at the top of the list however I've noticed this is not possible yet.

I've noticed this is a source of confusion for new users. I have seen people copy and paste into letterboxd using the following common format, "One Day (2011)", which counterintuitively produces no movie results just various lists and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add running time to details displayed in List view

Currently, when you view a list in "List View" (as opposed to "Grid View") you see the Title followed by the year, above whatever notes you've entered. Can you add the running time/length next to the year? Looks like you have plenty of room.

Sometimes my friends and I sort by Length when deciding what to watch/what we have time for. It would be handy to know what the lengths are without opening each film's profile. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Re-paginate on filtering, instead of page load

The web view seems to re-paginate on page load, instead of when filters are adjusted, which is bad.

If I'm looking at all my 3 star movies, I see 1-72. If I change the rating on 10 of them, and then go to the next page, instead of seeing the 73rd-144th movie of my original list, I now see the 73rd movie after filtering out the movies I updated the rating on. So progressing through the pages will hide movies if you remove movies from the group.

The index/pagination should only be recalculated when the filters are adjusted (or the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A lot of errors when trying to review movies.

Adding them to lists is fine, but when I try to "add to my films", I always get an "Internal Server Error" message.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Theater showings on movie page

Basically an addition to the "Where to watch" feature on the lower left side, but for movies currently playing. some kind of Fandango integration perhaps?

could be as simple as a box to enter your zip code which sends you to a page on Fandango or something.

Or could be advanced as something where your profile on LB has your zip and it'll show local showtimes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow more than one diary entry per film.

Currently, if you make an entry for a film on one day, and then attempt to enter another viewing of the same film on a different day, it updates your previous entry to the new date. If this is to reflect a true film diary, users should have the opportunity to place as many separate repeat viewings of films as they would like. Also, sometimes longer films (such as Berlin Alexanderplatz or Shoah) are rather lengthy and often require multiple days for viewings.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Avoid loading web fonts when possible

Currently, Typekit is used to load the fonts Abril Text, Freight Sans Pro and Proxima Nova, but these won't load if a browser or anti-virus software blocks HTTP Referrers. In that case, Typekit returns a 403 error and invalid CSS and during that time the text on letterboxd page is invisible until Firefox falls back to the default (sans-)serif font. In the (rare?) event the end user actually has those fonts installed, it should be specified before the web font declaration, i.e.

.numbers{font-family:"Proxima Nova", "proxima-nova",sans-serif;font-weight:400}
    .serif{font-family:"Abril Text", "abril-text",Georgia,serif;font-weight:400}
    .sans{font-family:"FreightSans Pro Book", "freight-sans-pro",sans-serif;font-weight:400}

c.f. how Google allows local fonts to take…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add up the runtimes in lists.

I like to create lists for myself that are marathons. It would be really great if there was a feature for the list to add up the runtimes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base