General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. List Causing Internal Server Errors then Becoming Uneditable...

I think Ive identified a bug guys. I noticed this happened on several others lists too. In a nutshell, if you create a list, and someone comments on it while it is public, if you make it private - you can no longer edit nor delete the list. Doing so generates an Internal Service Error or you get the dreaded "I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
    An unexpected problem occurred. It’s probably attributable to human error - page"

http://letterboxd.com/monirom/list/heres-looking-you-kid-aka-better-than-jake/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Grant Berridge responded

Hi Monirom.

I’ve looked into this, and can’t see anything wrong with your list. There is one thing I’d like to investigate, but I’ll need your help.

Can you please try to re-load this list and edit it (or delete it if that’s what you’re trying to do). It should just work, and my current theory is that you saw a failure because of a rare artifact caused by a delayed database replication.

If you are now able to edit and/or delete the list, I’ll close this one off, since we already have a bug report about the database replication issue.

2. Native apps: show the actual number of times a person has watched a movie (if more than 10) instead of showing "!"

It's best to show the actual number of times I have watched a movie if I have seen it more than ten times. Right now, a movie with more than 10 watches just gives me a "!" sign instead of the actual number. It's a good way to keep track of movies and I thought that that was the point of this website.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug

Hi...i have created two lists but from the 'Films' view, when I try to add the film to a list, it shows only one list. Please check.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Just a couple of UI problems

I don't know if this is the right place to post these, but there a couple of UI bugs.

In the 'tags' page, there is a bubble without a tag in it :http://cl.ly/071H2T201A2n122p0S0Y

And long tags show this: http://cl.ly/1b2d2q3e3J0p2U3S0z33

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Narrow down the films lists of others

When looking for new movie ideas via the film lists of others, it would be handy to narrow down the list simultaneously through multiple categories such as:

1) unwatched movies: movies in their list that I've seen disappear, leaving only new movies for me to discover!

2) descriptors like year, user rating, genre, actor/director/writer, country, tags etc

So if I'm looking through another user's list to find foreign films from the 1960s they've rated 4 stars or higher that I haven't seen, I would be able to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1) There’s an option to hide films you’ve seen when browsing others’ accounts (the eye with the line through it) — they fade out rather than being removed, as removal reaks havoc with pagination.

2) You can sort lists in most places by release date and rating. We have yet to add filtering to reduce lists.

6. Find a better system for uploading lists from IMDb.

I have tried five times to upload my ratings list from IMDb, using Safari, anc Chrome.
    It does not go through.
    What makes it worse is, I cannot cut my list (which is huge) into smaller portions, because Letterboxd.com doesn't recognize the .CSV-file after splitting it.
    My IMDb-list has almost 11K entries.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. A watched film should be removed from your watchlist if you log it.

Anyone else notice that if you have a film you have already seen in your watchlist, you log it and it won't deleted from the watchlist like a movie does that you haven't seen before.
    I noticed it started doing this a few days ago.

Anyway to get it back to normal??

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bugfix: Changing date watched gives NaN

Currently, trying to change a date gives the following bug: https://skitch.com/marii/g554t/bug Not sure if this is the right place to report it, but I couldn't find a bug tracker.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please Add this Comedy Mini-Series

This is a one season "6 episodes" comedy tv show and it has ended.
    https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/65251-crashing
    and if you counted how long it lasted it won't even be more than 2 hours.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Watchpanel dissapears beneath footer

I don´t know if this is the right place to point this out but I just found out that the footer goes on top of the watchpanel on a filmpage.

http://i.imgur.com/9rdBb7j.png

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Publish to a Facebook Page instead of a profile

Is it somehow possible to not publish my review to my Facebook profile but to my Facebook site?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. add some features, customization, SOMETHING

I don't get it. I read the whole FAQ page and have no more understanding of this site than I did when I first opened it. The page just rambles without SAYING anything. All I can do is make lists?
    How do I share or promote them? There's no forum or community here as far as I can tell or even a page displaying new lists (aside from a scant few buried somewhere around here) Am I supposed to just friend at random? No FB friends are here and never will be. Even searching the unique and specific topic of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

One of our primary features and points of difference is our diary feature. Members log films as they watch them, building up a list of films they’ve seen and creating a journal/film-watching history spanning (in many cases) several years. We use TMDb’s film data to power this service, but you can’t perform these actions on TMDb. Our paid level is for those members who want extra stats about their film watching, and perhaps less interesting if you only want to use our service to make lists.

I’ll investigate the list search issue you’re having — we’re continually improving in areas like search results accuracy. And I agree, we can do better at list discovery: we’ll be adding more ways to see new lists soon.

13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Error Entering Film into a List

I was attempting to add the film No (2012) into one of my lists but the film does not appear on the list of options to add to the list.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. ... provide a way to mark a film as "loved & watched" with a single click.

Ideally, you won't add a third button. Figure out a way to let us click between the eye and the heart, for instance, that will activate BOTH buttons with a single click.

In more cases than not, when I want to mark a film as "loved", I have obviously seen it. So why make me click the eye AND the heart? This happens so often that my suggestion, if implemented, would improve the usability of letterboxd drastically for me. And I can't be alone.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Consider unifying or linking ratings between films and reviews

I reviewed The Muppets and gave it a star rating and then went back a few days later and decided to give it another star. When I click on my review it shows the updated star rating on the right side but not by the title of the movie at the top above my review. Also, on my profile page under the picture of the movie in the recently watched section it also shows the old star rating. This happened with another movie I reviewed but I can't remember what it was

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This happens because we save the rating for a film and the rating applied to a review separately (to allow a rating to change over repeated viewings). We’re reviewing how to make this a better experience.

To fix it, go to the review page and use the “Edit” option in the right column to edit your rating within the review.

17. change the site's calendar to be time zone specific

I just posted a review of a movie and the entry states I posted the review on Nov. 1, 2013. It is noon on Oct. 31, 2013 in the Central Time zone in the United States when I posted that review.

Please enable each user to set their world location so our posts are accurately logged with the proper date.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hide specific titles from Diary/watched

I see quite a few previews of movies.
    Sometimes they are embargoed from comment on social media until a certain date.
    It would be good if I could be able to add these titles to my diary/watched as I see them, but be able to hide them from public/friends until it is ok to say that I have seen it.
    If this is a function in Pro, then I will happily pay for the service!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Get a password function that fucking works

I tried to join up and I typed in the letters provided about 15 times and it rejected me every time. I am not completely stupid and think I would have got it right once. And yes, I did look up the instructions and put a space between the words. I am now seething!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Anson, we’re sorry you’re having trouble with the Re-Captcha service. This is an industry-standard component from Google that is in wide use on websites to prevent automated account creation. If you need help, we’d be happy to provide the answer to one of our film quote Captchas which is the default option rather than Re-Captcha. Let us know.

20. Browse Collections

A year plus later, I'm just discovering that you added "Related Films," i.e. Collections. Thanks for that! (FYI: I think I've missed seeing them because I rarely scroll down below the recent/popular reviews. Might be worth moving that one row of Related Films above the Reviews. Food for thought.)

Now that we have Collections, I'd love to browse them. At minimum, I'd like the ability to browse all Collections you're tracking. Ideally, I'd love the ability to sort descending that Collections browsing page by average rating of the films comprising said collections. So if the 8 harry potter movies have…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base