General

1. Browse Collections

A year plus later, I'm just discovering that you added "Related Films," i.e. Collections. Thanks for that! (FYI: I think I've missed seeing them because I rarely scroll down below the recent/popular reviews. Might be worth moving that one row of Related Films above the Reviews. Food for thought.)

Now that we have Collections, I'd love to browse them. At minimum, I'd like the ability to browse all Collections you're tracking. Ideally, I'd love the ability to sort descending that Collections browsing page by average rating of the films comprising said collections. So if the 8 harry potter movies have…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Your website won't let me create an account

Hello,
    I tried to create an account yesterday and every time I clicked "create account" it would just return me to the create account page with everything the same except the "i am not a robot" checkbox would be unchecked instead of check. I would then fill this out again and click "create account" but it would do the exact same thing every time.

I would like to create an account, but for some reason it isn't working.

Also, I was a little confused about how to contact this company. I went to the "contact us" page, which told me…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sort Lists by Popularity While Editing

I really enjoy all the new ways we can sort lists when creating/editing them.

What I would LOVE would be the ability to sort lists by Film Popularity while creating/editing them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. see myself in feed

Even though I have clicked the filter to see myself in my feed, my reviews aren't showing up.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Profile error

The "Watched Films"-number in my profile switches between 1475 and 1477, depending on how I access my profile page (dropdown menu or clicking on my name on the main page).

Actually, the correct number is 1474. I'm refreshing the browser page for about an hour now, but the error is still there...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Amazon Prime

It appears that my Amazon Prime filter under Services on my Pro account is no longer showing me just the free streaming options! It appears it is also showing paid options which is a bummer. Pretty sure it’s a bug. Mind looking into it for us?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bug on list making tool

When I tried to edit a list today the edits did not come up, they only came up on the edit window

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Faster scrolling when dragging a movie up/down a list in desktop mode

Make the scrolling speed faster when you move the cursor to the top of the list, please! I have a list with almost 200 films sorted newest first and it shouldn't be so tedious to drag one to the top.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Here’s a tip until we can improve this: switch on list rankings, then click the ranking of the film at the end of the list, type a “1” then press Return. The film will shift to the top of the list. Repeat as you need to, then turn off rankings (if required) before saving your list.

9. Remove images/entries for movies far from release date.

A lot of the images are plain terrible, look like fanart, or contain incorrect release dates. They make the site look less authoritative and less professional.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately we don’t have the resources to police the addition of fan-art to TMDb. We’ll consider showing no poster for these titles until closer to release date, but there’s no way to judge if a poster is legit or fanart, so this is going to be an ongoing problem.

10. Higher standard for "Top Rated Films"

I've noticed that finding good films to watch through sorting by highest rating has become difficult lately. A good example would be trying to sort by highest rating and narrowing the search to horror from the 2010s.

You will find that a bunch of the results are youtube videos, and the others only have 100 or so people who have even logged the film as watched.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but shouldn't there be a higher minimum for calling something "Top Rated"? Maybe like <1000 viewed or something like that? I use this site primarily for the ability to search for…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Unable to Reset Password

Why is it so difficult to reset passwords, log in etc? I"ve spent the last 25min trying to access my account to no avail...frustrating.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Bug: toggle icons don't send current state to backend

This is applicable to the quick toggle icons on movie posters (seen and liked) as well as the do/don't gray out films I've seen toggle for lists.

STEPS TO PRODUCE
    1) Make sure films you've seen aren't grayed out in lists
    2) Go to lists page
    3) Open 2 random lists both in a new tab
    4) Go to the first list and click the toggle to gray out films you've seen

RESULT
    - Films you've seen are grayed out = GOOD.

5) Go to the second list and click the toggle to gray out films you've seen

RESULT
    -…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 'More' option fails to load/expand.

When I click 'more' it loads out ellipses (...) instead of the bio or review I am attempting to read. This happens whether I am logged in or off. The only time 'more' fully loads out is in the older review sections and not on specific pages.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I consistency between Comments and Likes on Activity Stream

By which I mean, when you like someone's review it will be displayed as 'You liked Zach's 2 star review of X'.

But when you comment on a review, it comes up as 'You commented on Zach's review of X'.

Is there way to get them to match up, so when you comment it will give the star rating.

E.g. 'You commented on Zach's 2 star review of X'?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. iOS app: remember position when opening films from carousel view

On the iPhone app, when you're in carousel view, and you click into a movie, then click "back", it should return you to where you left off in the carousel. Right now, doing that returns you the general list page, and I have to re-enter the carousel and re-find my spot.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Filter reviews by language

Any chance of an option to filter out reviews based on language? I dont want to see reviews in Spanish or German as i cant understand these languages

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please make it easier to rate each movie

Now i need to click two times to reach the "rating place".That is,one at the list button at bottom of every movie card and then rate it.
    Why don't you just increase the size of the card and provide the space to include the rating stars inside it.So that we can rate it just by hovering the mouse above the card and then rate it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please customise the grid size for ~editing lists..

On the "edit" pg for lists, please make the grid size customizable, or at least 10-across as opposed to the current 7-across, which is not only bigger than necessary, but makes it more take so much longer to drag new additions to the middle (or worse, closer to top) from the very end of a list in the hundreds. I think 15 or 20-across would be interesting too, as they match the display of 5-across so positioning titles could be easier. Actually, if we could just ~type in a position for a title & have it move merely by hitting…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Till we change this, note that if you enable rankings for your list, you can click a ranking and type a new number, then press Return, and the film will move to that position in the list. You can then disable rankings (if not wanted) before saving. (Helpful for moving items a long way!)

20. Less whitespace in the bio area

The latest update makes every newline in your bio info leave an entire line's worth of space, which is a bit too much. Before this a newline would just put the next text on the next line. This might just be a browser issue (I'm using Chrome).

To demonstrate:

"this is

how the new one looks"

"this is
    how the old one looked"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)