1. you put a title of a film and they give you star wars

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I don´t know if this is the right place to point this out but I just found out that the footer goes on top of the watchpanel on a filmpage.

http://i.imgur.com/9rdBb7j.png

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. every time I post a review from your site using the Facebook icon in the share menu, when I click post it always says "Your review was not published" but the review is always successfully published. It's not a big issue but it's a little disconcerting that it keeps telling me it wasn't published with it was. Perhaps you can change the text to remove the "not" from a successfully published review?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The web view seems to re-paginate on page load, instead of when filters are adjusted, which is bad.

If I'm looking at all my 3 star movies, I see 1-72. If I change the rating on 10 of them, and then go to the next page, instead of seeing the 73rd-144th movie of my original list, I now see the 73rd movie after filtering out the movies I updated the rating on. So progressing through the pages will hide movies if you remove movies from the group.

The index/pagination should only be recalculated when the filters are adjusted (or the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Create a new list called "name1".
    Rename list to "name2".

Viewing name1 now redirects to name2.

Rename list to name1.

List is now longer viewable.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I've noticed that finding good films to watch through sorting by highest rating has become difficult lately. A good example would be trying to sort by highest rating and narrowing the search to horror from the 2010s.

You will find that a bunch of the results are youtube videos, and the others only have 100 or so people who have even logged the film as watched.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but shouldn't there be a higher minimum for calling something "Top Rated"? Maybe like <1000 viewed or something like that? I use this site primarily for the ability to search for…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. A FILM STARTS WITH A SCRIPT
    “To make a great film you need three things – the script, the script and the script.” – Alfred Hitchcock
    Whilst there are many important jobs in film (producer, cinematographer...), I think that the writer just MUST be up there directly to be seen and not hidden with the other cast and crew.
    IMDB and Plex, both display the name of the writer directly below that of the director. For good reason. I find not doing this is grossly negligent!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When I export my Letterboxd Lists, the Notes I have entered appear in a field with the DESCRIPTION header. However, there does not seem to be a way to import those Notes into a new Letterboxd List. In other words, there is not a field in the Import Header template that seems to correspond to the DESCRIPTION (or Notes) field. Can you help?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I love Letterboxd, and I love Filmstruck. Sadly, Filmstruck has no rating system nor way to track what I've watched. How cool would it be if your two organizations partnered up! It would bring visibility to Letterboxd and give Filmstruck a huge missing feature.

Hopefully you're at least having coffee with the Filmstruck folks on occasion. :)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make the scrolling speed faster when you move the cursor to the top of the list, please! I have a list with almost 200 films sorted newest first and it shouldn't be so tedious to drag one to the top.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Here’s a tip until we can improve this: switch on list rankings, then click the ranking of the film at the end of the list, type a “1” then press Return. The film will shift to the top of the list. Repeat as you need to, then turn off rankings (if required) before saving your list.

11. I've encountered two frustrating glitches when it comes to lists. First, with lists of a certain size (~2,500 films or more) I cannot edit them on the desktop browser without the website subsequently deleting every film on the list past ~2,500 (I can't remember the exact number). This problem does not occur when I edit lists on mobile. Secondly, I've found that for these huge lists, it also likes to skip a number. For my ranked list, which has 5,151 films on it, the list will skip 2,920, going straight from 2,919 to 2921. As a result of this, the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The list editing limit on the web is about 3,300 we believe. We’re looking to adopt the same approach as in our app, but it’s not ready yet.

The missing list items is probably due to a film in the list having been deleted from the site (we routinely remove entries that TMDb removes for not being films). Adding and removing a film from said list should fix it, but obviously that’s not possible if you strike the first issue. Noted.

12. This is a one season "6 episodes" comedy tv show and it has ended.
    https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/65251-crashing
    and if you counted how long it lasted it won't even be more than 2 hours.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When I click 'more' it loads out ellipses (...) instead of the bio or review I am attempting to read. This happens whether I am logged in or off. The only time 'more' fully loads out is in the older review sections and not on specific pages.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Anyone else notice that if you have a film you have already seen in your watchlist, you log it and it won't deleted from the watchlist like a movie does that you haven't seen before.
    I noticed it started doing this a few days ago.

Anyway to get it back to normal??

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I don't get it. I read the whole FAQ page and have no more understanding of this site than I did when I first opened it. The page just rambles without SAYING anything. All I can do is make lists?
    How do I share or promote them? There's no forum or community here as far as I can tell or even a page displaying new lists (aside from a scant few buried somewhere around here) Am I supposed to just friend at random? No FB friends are here and never will be. Even searching the unique and specific topic of…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

One of our primary features and points of difference is our diary feature. Members log films as they watch them, building up a list of films they’ve seen and creating a journal/film-watching history spanning (in many cases) several years. We use TMDb’s film data to power this service, but you can’t perform these actions on TMDb. Our paid level is for those members who want extra stats about their film watching, and perhaps less interesting if you only want to use our service to make lists.

I’ll investigate the list search issue you’re having — we’re continually improving in areas like search results accuracy. And I agree, we can do better at list discovery: we’ll be adding more ways to see new lists soon.

16. On the "edit" pg for lists, please make the grid size customizable, or at least 10-across as opposed to the current 7-across, which is not only bigger than necessary, but makes it more take so much longer to drag new additions to the middle (or worse, closer to top) from the very end of a list in the hundreds. I think 15 or 20-across would be interesting too, as they match the display of 5-across so positioning titles could be easier. Actually, if we could just ~type in a position for a title & have it move merely by hitting…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Till we change this, note that if you enable rankings for your list, you can click a ranking and type a new number, then press Return, and the film will move to that position in the list. You can then disable rankings (if not wanted) before saving. (Helpful for moving items a long way!)

17. I like to create lists for myself that are marathons. It would be really great if there was a feature for the list to add up the runtimes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I missed a watch date on couple of films and only way I found to chech which films didn't have a date in my diary was to manually go through all of em. I would suggest you add a filter option for that, because it's a real pain in the ass if you notice that some months later and need to try to find out which film it is you didn't date properly.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. So movies with generic titles will produce many search results. For example, searching for 'One Day' produces eight matching movies with the same title. It would be useful to be able to add the release date and narrow down the search so the movie you want pops up at the top of the list however I've noticed this is not possible yet.

I've noticed this is a source of confusion for new users. I have seen people copy and paste into letterboxd using the following common format, "One Day (2011)", which counterintuitively produces no movie results just various lists and…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The App for Android is great, but it would be great if it could swap to Landscape mode. I like to type up a review using a bluetooth keyboard, but it is really difficult when the app will not switch modes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?