General

General

Categories

1. Long-time Filmtipset.se user, now migrated to Letterboxd. What I miss more than anything else is an advanced search option. I use this very frequently to set up different lists. For example, thrillers produced in France between 1960 and 1964, documentaries produced in Sweden between 1930 and 1945 or short films produced in the US between 2000 and 2015. You get my point.

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. As simple as that, open this settings only a couple days/weeks before the actual launch.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When I'm on my diary, and I look through all the films I've watched this year, I wish that there was a way of hiding all films that I've rewatched this year. This would allow me to view all the films that I've watched for the first time this year. Shouldn't be too hard to implement, and would make all the difference. That way, people wouldn't have to make lists like this:
    http://letterboxd.com/ptabro/list/dear-diary-jun-2013/

Hope to see this feature soon.

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This isn’t a high priority feature for us to add. But, if it’s important, you can use tags to achieve it. If you add a “first watch” tag to every applicable diary entry, you can then view your “first watch” tag in diary mode to see only these films.

4. Letterboxd needs to implement an automated system that can notify users when a film they have watched, logged or added to a list is removed from the website.

Sometimes, titles are removed from Letterboxd only to be added back, such as the 'Kenzo World' commercial. If I remember correctly, several hundred viewers had logged the ad when it first released on YouTube, including myself. It was only when I downloaded my Letterboxd archive that I noticed the film's URL field in the .csv file was empty, meaning it had probably been removed from Letterboxd at some point and was no…

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Right now Pro users get to see their stats for their 20 most watched/highest rated directors, and that's great, but I feel it would be better to show the entire list of directors that a user has seen and their ranking, (maybe only count a director in that list after the user seen 3 or more of his/her films to prevent overcrowding)

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I know that doesn't completely work as some don't enter dates - but for those of us who are adding films "from the past" - the "date added" isn't very relevant.

I'd rather have the option to sort by "Date Watched" to be primary sort and then any without dates to be at bottom (sorted secondarily by date added). Just a thought.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The Watched Films page doesn't have a search box...and I wish it did. It would make it awesome.

I want to be able to go to my watched films page and type in, "genre:horror" and see a list of all the horror films I've seen, so I can actually answer the question, "what's the best horror movie you've ever seen?"

I want to be able to type in, "of the dead" and see all the films I've seen that have "of the dead" in their title.

I want to be able to type in "year:1959" to find out what movies…

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I was just about to do this when I realized I couldn't. Can you please add a feature to sort your watchlist by specific languages, or at least by country? That would be really helpful in the future.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Was just wondering if there is a way to see more of the most watched actor director secton, im thinking a lot more, i would like to know who is close to making the top and which female actor ive watched the most of

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. TMDb regularly gets in the way of my enjoyment of Letterboxd. My Watchlist is mostly made up of new releases. They’re added to my list when I see the trailer, which is usually in advance of their release. Nine times out of ten, TMDb doesn’t yet have the movie listed, which means I have to go through the somewhat laborious process of adding it myself, and then wait several hours for Letterboxd to be able to see it. (The same thing usually happens when I want to add a festival screening to my Film Diary.) Meanwhile, every piece of information…

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks Rob, really value this feedback. The key reason for choosing TMDb over IMDb was cost. The former is free, the latter charges a five-figure sum annually for use of its data by other apps. We haven’t ruled out switching, but as a bootstrapped project it wasn’t something we could take on from the outset.

As an aside, in the short term we plan to add a mechanism to allow instant import from TMDb by entering the ID of a new film. Until that happens feel free to drop a line to hello@letterboxd.com with any TMDb IDs you’d like imported and we’ll do them straight away. Not a perfect solution but hopefully might remove a little of the pain for you.

11. How about adding a link to the Wikipedia article of a film, perhaps next to the iTunes and Amazon links on the left?
    It happens so often that you want to read additional info, more than is available on IMDb or TMDb, and most of the people head to Wikipedia for this, I think. So providing a link would come in handy there.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Any chance of an option to filter out reviews based on language? I dont want to see reviews in Spanish or German as i cant understand these languages

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Too often Letterboxd doesn't reflect what's currently the default poster (highest rated and in English) on TMBd. Despite that changes happen to posters on TMBd, it more often than not doesn't get reflected on Letterboxd.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have different poster rules from TMDb, so we prefer to lock posters once films gain a level of popularity, to ensure long-term consistency.

We prefer original theatrical posters over DVD covers, which often get upvoted over there. If there is a theatrical release poster on TMDb that’s better than our one, we’ll often change it: please use the Report facility on the film and let us know.

14. Movies like the 2017 Star Wars one. No one on Letterboxd has seen it, it's not even finished, they are filming it now and it's just annoying with people marking it as "watched" and giving out high grades to it.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I'm slowly adding 20 years' worth of film logs, working backward from the present. This makes the most sense for various reasons (in that it's gonna take me close to a year to finish at my pace of a month per day), but it causes a rating problem.

Example: I saw MARGARET a third time and my rating went up from 4 to 4.5. That got logged first. Working back to last September when I saw it the other two times, I accurately logged those ratings as 4. But right now your default rating seems to be whatever the most…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We love your dedication! (If you have these in a spreadsheet we could try importing them for you.)

I suspect you’re right in terms of which doary entry rating hould be considered the most recent one. We’ll look into it.

16. On the list view page for a single list, allow Pro or Patron members to generate a stats page similar to the pages generated for your diary entries.

Stats could include:
    - Count of film years/decades
    - Percent watched and in watchlist (you sort of have this already)
    - Countries (with map)
    - Languages
    - Ratings summary and averages
    - Most / least popular, watched and highest / lowest rated
    - Directors
    - Actors

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I think it would be fun to see some stats on the list pages (in addition to the percentage watched). In particular, it would be really cool to see either a ratings spread for how I've rated the movies I've watched on a given list, and/or an average rating. That way, I could compare, for example, how much I agree with the Sight and Sound list vs. the AFI list, or how much I liked movies in 2010 vs. 2012. Director/Actor stats like the ones on the stats pages could also be fun, as well as info about repeat watches,…

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The ability to block a list, so you don't have to see the same lists over and over again.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add to the Home page an area where we have a list of upcoming films in our watchlist. The movies in this section would be the ones that could trigger notifications on the app, since they are the closest to the current date.

Adding them to the home would give us a very quick update to remind us to go catch a movie, which may not be necessary for blockbusters but is ideal when talking about small films that won't get a lot of weeks on screens or a big marketing push.

I know the site has an 'Upcoming' page,…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I would love to open a movie page for a film I have seen and easily see what date I saw it last. I.e. under the watched/loved/watchlist-symbols, it could be a small text-line showing when I last logged the film.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?