General

General

Categories

1. On the "People" page, just make it so we can sort the overall list of people by the # of films they've watched or reviewed, maybe the region of the world they are in (once that is more integrated into the site), etc. When I go to the people page I keep seeing the same set of "popular" users and it kind of becomes a feedback loop that prevents me from finding other users to follow except randomly through reviews/comments.

(The best way to sort people by would be a "% compatibility" option, if that is ever built on the…

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Favourite films as rated by my friends / all members
    • Dropdown menu: Sorted by Year, Decade, all Time

Later you can include to search/sort by Genre, Country etc...

Rateyourmusic.com got this feature and i think its pretty cool and helpfull.
    In your 2012 Review Page you already posted the highest (and lowest) rated Films of the Year, so i hope you also like this idea as a full feature.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow lists to double as polls, where if you set it so, users can vote for the order on lists.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Is there any way to introduce a feature where you choose what country you're based in and the system then displays release date info for THAT country rather than automatically using the US or earliest date?

So I'd choose my country as U.K and then the release date for, say, 'Inside Llewyn Davis' would appear as 2014, not 2013.

This would be a massive help as the best alternative I've found to personalising release dates is starting a private list and tagging every single film individually with its UK release date.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is not an immediate priority for a couple of reasons: a) the TMDb data for non US-territories is fairly patchy, meaning a lot of films would effectively have no release date if we allowed switching to, for example, UK dates and b) this would affect the cacheability of parts of the site in a way that complicates our model.

4. I realise that the link to my profile appears when I hover, but it is an extra step…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. For example, when you go to http://letterboxd.com/films/decade/1980s/genre/horror/by/rating/, you'll notice that after a few pages, there are films with no views or ratings that are still showing up before some movies with thousands of views. It would also be nice if, when sorting by rating, there was an option to filter out films with below a certain number of ratings or views so that movies with only a couple of high ratings aren't showing up so high.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I think adding an option to remove a film from one of my lists or seeing an option to do so when I go to the film page would be really effective instead of going through the list editing page every time. Even something simple like an X in the "add to list" menu or in the top right of the poster that removes it would be great.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. My "Highest Rated" stars list is filled with stunt people and costumed little persons. My "Highest Rated" directors list is heavy with animators from yesteryear, most of whose works I've never seen.

With all due respect to the above persons, most of them have made these lists because I've given one or two high ratings to a specific work or two, but ~not~ to their collected ~body~ of works — leaving my list rather uninformative for my liking.

I realize you also have a "Most Watched" setting — but then I'm just left with Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg — who…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When you guys are compiling the 2014 Year in Review you should have a most watched films in a year section for the member who watched the most movies this year.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A heavy percentage of my Activity tab space is used up by people who go on review-liking binges or watchlisting binges. If, say, all the movies one person watchlisted that day were collapsed into a simple "Lucy added 18 movies to her watchlist. Expand", the tab would be easier to browse and I'd feel encouraged to add more friends, as I could genuinely keep up with their film habits.

The diary and discovery features of Letterboxd are appreciated, but ultimately it's a social network and if I can't socialize properly then I won't be making much use of it.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Rather than having to use the date picker, would it be possible to type the date in the field?

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good suggestion. It’s funny, for a long time that field only accepted type input, but the date picker has removed that ability. We’ll take a look at this. (Note, you can click the month/year button to quickly find other months/years.)

11. Hello,

i wonder if there is another way to subscribre Pro than PayPal serices ?
    i'm interesting but i had some bad experience with my money and PayPal ; it's not enough secure i think

thanks for your answer

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Sort by Number of Fans, movies with a lot of fans are usually good and worthy of watching. Fans = number of people who put it in their favourite.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently I see the same thing every time I log on. It's very boring. The popular review should be "Popular this week" or something otherwise these reviews will be in the same order forever.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I want to type in multiple actors and see what films they have been in together. Or see how many times a director collaborated with the same actor.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. "I want to watch a film" is not a boolean. The 'why' is important. Did a friend recommend it? Did it get good reviews? Does it have that actor I'm stalking in it?.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. My lists are really long: certain themes, festivals etc. I painstakingly add a lot of new and unknown flicks on TMDB. Having someone clone such a list kinda sucks. Maybe the ability to turn cloning off for certain lists would be an idea?

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Any cloned list gives attribution to the original source list. We added this feature principally to prevent everyone that wants to rank Spielberg’s films from having to make the same list from scratch. We’ll consider allowing it to be disabled.

17. As the movie scrape/information already comes from tMDB, perhaps giving an option to link the accounts in some form or fashion, so both sites can exchange voting info, watchlists, ratings and reviews aso. I think perhaps both sites could benefit from this.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Sometimes I go to see a film in the theater that goes beyond midnight or I watch a film at home that goes beyond midnight. Then, when I write up my review I am able to back date the review date to the day during which I began the film. Thats cool.

However, when you rate the film it will time-stamp it as the day during which you completed it and not allow you to back date it. then, your review date and rating date do not match.

can you please fix this? can you find a way to back…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I really enjoy all the new ways we can sort lists when creating/editing them.

What I would LOVE would be the ability to sort lists by Film Popularity while creating/editing them.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?