General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Better filtering

Hello, I just spent the past few hours exporting all my Rotten Tomatoes details to Letterboxd. :)

Just some suggestions:
    1. First I love the 'Movies" page. It's cool seeing the movie posters all like that lined up, it’s a very compelling idea.

However, I have problems with the default filter for the movie view being "release date". Who has a use for this, besides someone stumbling on your page—they probably won’t want to judge a movie by newest movie in a person’s profile? Even if that is the intention, it should be filtered by number of stars awarded.

I…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the thoughts!

1) Once you start using the site, your profile page shows your most recent activity prominently.

2) We chose to include all films in recent activity, even if they’re old.

3) You can filter by year and genre in the main Films section (http://letterboxd.com/films/). You can also hide films you haven’t seen in that section, which personalises it.

4) Grid/List switcher is something we’d like to add in future on relevant sections, yes.

5) Noted.

6) Activity is only useful if you follow other members. If you don’t you’re best not to use it. It works great when you do follow other active members.

7) We have some plans around Watchlists. Something for later this year hopefully!

2. Make it easier check off movies you've seen

You should just be able to click anywhere on a movie poster to add the film to your watched list. As an Android user, its very frustrating using your site. The eye symbol didn't show up unless you click the image which brings you to another page.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Update related activity item when a rating changes

If by accident I've rated a movie, next time I add the correct rating, all of the activity (either on my lists or on a friend feed) will not reflect the update. This is really annoying and has been on for ages. I'd hope it would be fixed by now with the new app.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Start tracking people who are creating multiple accounts

I've seen evidence that some members are creating sock puppet accounts to 'like' their reviews and bump up their popularity and profile on the site. Is this practice going to be traced?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. import imdb user description (comments) as notes to letterboxd

When I import a csv from imdb, all data comes along, including my descriptions ("short reviews"), as I can see after the matching process ends, but they are not saved on the lists, for some reason. Is it any way to make that happen?
    Thanks, this is a very promising site.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mobile site (iOS add to home shortcut)

Hello,

First of all, I love mobile web site of letter box.

My only wish is that you optimize it for iOS, so when I click to add to homescreen shortcut, that it starts treating it as app and opens it in a new window (like app) and not safari.

Example of what I'm talking about is m.tvprofile.net. If you add it to homescreen shortcut, it will treat it like an app.

Hope you understood what I was talking about.

Regards,
    Aldy

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The web app mode is for sites which implement their own “Back” button, which we do not at present. Without this mechanism, it would be frustrating trying to use the site with no way to jump back a screen. It’s generally for apps that mimic the native app experience.

7. Show all stats for directors

Right now Pro users get to see their stats for their 20 most watched/highest rated directors, and that's great, but I feel it would be better to show the entire list of directors that a user has seen and their ranking, (maybe only count a director in that list after the user seen 3 or more of his/her films to prevent overcrowding)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Default view of lists...

Could ( or should, I suppose ) the default view of any lists include notes made about individual items within the list? At the moment when you click on a list you only see the films and must click on a symbol (the same one used for reviews elsewhere on the site ) to see any notes relating to the list. I think it would be nice to read the list as a whole - The intro text, each film and the attached notes.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. one time lists import

I understand that IMDB etc list importing is a pro feature, and that makes sense, to a point. However, it is the fastest way for a new user to become a fully integrated user in the shortest amount of time. I think it would make more sense to use a model wherein you could import a list or set of lists one time, perhaps all within a 24 hour period of signing up, without requiring a pro membership, and any additional lists after then would need to be done through pro? I've got well over a thousand films on IMDB,…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. create a filter that allows users to hide rated films

Add an option similar to the 'Hide Watched Films" feature but for films you have already rated. That way you can see what you've marked as watched but forgot to rate.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. MyAnimeList import

Can you add importing movies from MAL to this site? You can use the dates you listed.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Sorting option 2: Unique star distributions. Films that divide the most (and vice versa).

I've often thought how wonderful it would be to especially search for controversial films by programming an option to search for flicks that have the most widely distributed star ratings.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Year In Review

I would love to have stats pertaining to cinematographers, writers and composers whose works I've seen and listened for the past one year, hence making my "Year In Review" a much more comprehensive statistical overview.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Give info about updates

I know that you currently have the "News" tab at the bottom of the site that provides news about some updates, like when LB Pro was introduced. however, there are also times when you do mini updates and they don't make it to the "News" section.

I think it'd be cool for the LB crew to write a tiny blurb on the homepage whenever an update is made with the date of the update and a short description of what you updated. sometimes i don't notice the updates...id like to know them though.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. better handling of short films and not yet released films

Most Director or Actor pages show "You've Watched 33%" info, but often the titles on the page will be for short films or movies yet to be released. Often, it's for movies that are only rumored.(best example is Zombieland 2).

Can filtering be put in place so short films and not-yet-released titles can be excluded or hidden?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Top Rated Movies

Make an easier and up front way to view a users top rated movies

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. imdb ratings not imported

I want to migrate from the hell that is the new imdb,but my ratings does not get imported here,which is very important to me.. I exported the imdb csv but import does not ask if i want my ratings.
    Please advise

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

They’ve changed their export format — please ensure that the ratings column in your export file has a column title of “Rating10” and our importer should then pick these up. (We’ll get this fixed at our end soon.)

18. Convert Letterboxd CSVs to IMDb format

I need my watchlist in IMDb format for this service (https://www.werstreamt.es/) to check where the movies are available.
    I didn't find a way to convert it, so could you provide a tool for that? Because nearly every site uses the IMDb list format.

Another possibility would be that the "Service" filter supports other countries besides the US. Amazon Prime and Netflix Germany in my case.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Use "trailer" video instead of first video from TMDB

On TMDB there are different typs for videos you can mark them as Trailer, Teaser, Clip, Featurret. And this should be the priority order if there are several youtube videos.
    Currently it seems to be random which vidoe will get displayed on letterboxd. See for example http://letterboxd.com/film/oldboy-2013/ currently you get a featurret if you hit play trailer even while there is a trailer on TMDB see:
    https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/87516-oldboy/edit?active_nav_item=videos

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add official lists (e.g., Academy Award winners, Criterion Collection)

So iCheckMovies has this set of "Official Lists" (https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/?tags=user:icheckmovies). I think it would be really cool to have this feature on Letterboxd so we can track progress on these lists, as well! Thanks!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base