General

General

Categories

1. Sometimes I go to see a film in the theater that goes beyond midnight or I watch a film at home that goes beyond midnight. Then, when I write up my review I am able to back date the review date to the day during which I began the film. Thats cool.

However, when you rate the film it will time-stamp it as the day during which you completed it and not allow you to back date it. then, your review date and rating date do not match.

can you please fix this? can you find a way to back…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I really like on the AppleTV version where on a films page it provides an iTunes link if it's available where if you click on it it opens the films page on iTunes for you to buy or play.

I really wish you had links for streaming services like that, where it would open the app and start playing the film. Even if it was just Netflix and Prime video.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. With so many remakes out, it'd be much more helpful to see that someone is rating Ghostbusters (2016) instead of just Ghostbusters. Having the year of release show up after all titles in the activity feed would be helpful.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Technical specs are displayed on IMBD but not on TMDB. Can this be done, either by pushing for implementation on TMDB or something else? I don't really care about sorting films by their specs (except runtime which already exists) but I'd like LB to show a few things like original aspect ratio, color, sound mix. Maybe even film format/digital format but that's complicated because lots of films use both or multiple formats.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Is it possible to expand most watched categories to the full list? More than the top 20 stars, directors, etc. I would it to have a complete list of most watched stars, directors.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I'm trying to browse doco's and every page is crowded by live music, live comedy and TV specials, how can we filter this stuff out?

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There is no useful tagging applied at TMDb to separate these titles from regular comedies or films about music. Please send a support request to TMDb to add these categories, as top-level genres or via another, similar flag that we can support.

7. If by accident I've rated a movie, next time I add the correct rating, all of the activity (either on my lists or on a friend feed) will not reflect the update. This is really annoying and has been on for ages. I'd hope it would be fixed by now with the new app.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When making year-end lists, i often already have reviewed the films in the list earlier in the year using the diary entries. I wish there a way to link those diary entries to the list entries, instead of writing additional stuff in the Notes feature.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. It would be amazing to be able to compare all your seen movies to get the best ranking ever as it works in Flickchart.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Seeing this a lot of these at the moment. People using an upcoming film's page to review its trailer or to say something like "THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME EEEEEEEEEEK!" or some such thing.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is tricky: there are legitimate ways in which you can see a film prior to its release date (previews, test screenings, festivals, etc). We have considered adding an arbitrary window prior to a film’s release date in which you can record a watch of the film, but we need to be careful as this can encourage users to alter release dates on TMDb in order to circumvent such a measure.

11. I was thinking, correct me if I am mistaken, that an automatic import feature connect with the IMDb RSS would be nice. If it is allowed of course.

Something like this:
    IMDb offer a RSS for movies you have rated. This feed has both the movie title and the rating included. What if there was a place in the Letterboxd user account where you could paste this IMDb RSS feed link, and it would automatically import the newest additions when?

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Can we get a way to sort reviews on the homepage based on most recent as opposed to just popular? I'd like to see different reviews from people as opposed to the same top reviewers with a massive friend list.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. A link to launch the netflix streaming player (when available)... or buy from amazon or iTunes.

Monetize and make instantly watching the movie easy!

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can add to your Netflix instant queue right now, by authing with Netflix on the Edit Settings page. We plan to improve our Netflix handling so it knows availability ahead of time. iTunes links are in the action menu on a poster, Amazon coming soon!

15. Solve the problem of "What haven't you seen?"

Two friends wander the store but can never find something they both haven't seen. A list of films filtered as unwatched for two users could be sorted by popularity and save the day.

From this point it shouldn't be too hard to expand the formula to deal with the multiple roommate or group movie night problem. Trying to find a film that you and 5 of your friends haven't seen would wonderful!

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. On the iPhone app, when you're in carousel view, and you click into a movie, then click "back", it should return you to where you left off in the carousel. Right now, doing that returns you the general list page, and I have to re-enter the carousel and re-find my spot.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We have to see adverts if we pay $49 a year? :(

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I was wondering if it was possible to show the last date you watched the film on its homepage?

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Since I started using Letterboxd, which dates for years now...I always found it frustrating that every time I'm on a new computer (or I formatted mine), I have to enter login details instead of just being able to save them using my browser (Firefox in my case) and sync them so I can just use the auto-fill capability of Firefox to get them ready.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?