General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add user settings for primary/default Watch panel options

On each film page, the Watch panel currently shows Amazon, Netflix, and iTunes links by default (as applicable), with other options hidden under the "more services" link. It'd be very helpful to be able to customize what services are shown upfront by default.

For example, if I want to always see availability for HBO GO without having to click "more services", it would be much more convenient.

Perhaps this could even be based on the "Favorite Services" settings for people signed in with a GoWatchIt account.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A movie appearing many times on my list

I have a problem with the first list I made: http://letterboxd.com/doomed/list/1001-movies-you-must-see-before-you-die/page/12/

A movie The Cabin in the Woods appeared thrice on that list. I tried to delete a movie in "edit or delete this list", and then added again, but the bug persists.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Save search category

For example, I search for movies 90% of the time instead of lists, actors etc.
    It would be very convenient if you could add a feature that remembers the category you selected last or offer setting a default category in the account options.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. watchlist filters

It would be great to be able to apply a filter to your watchlist. Just a drop-down like there is when you are browsing films, to show just horror films on your watchlist, or just comedies.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Lists should take more than 5 movies ...

I added 15 films to a list to start it off http://letterboxd.com/dockaos/list/top-100-sci-fi-movies/ but only the first 5 show up ...

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Ken, this is not the expected behaviour! Could you tell us a bit more about what happened? Did you add all 15 then save and only five were there on refresh? Also if you could provide browser/platform/version details so we can try to reproduce the issue here. Thanks.

7. Clean up 'Average Ratings' filter on Film page

A lot of times, I want to sift through the most highly rated films of a particular period, say 2014, as opposed to the most popular films. However, the average ratings sort page is cluttered with films that only have a handful of ratings anywhere between 1 - 10 people, makes it really difficult to find the really critically acclaimed films.

Could there be a system where the films need to have a certain number of ratings, say 100, before it can show up on that page? It would make the results more accurate, instead of being skewed by a…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The highest-rated is technically a sort order, not a filter, so we don’t remove any films from those views. The most and least popular are still valid and correct (they must have significant ratings to get up to the higher positions), but the middle of the bunch can be films with few ratings.

8. Have the option to display your own ratings to compare with list owners

It would be a nice idea to include the option of comparing how I rated a film compared to with the owner of a list. List View shows the list owners ratings on the left, so a display option to show my own ratings on the right for the films that I've seen would be cool.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Find out what the most "view"ed movies are on Letterboxd

This list: http://letterboxd.com/films/popular/ - the movies are sorted by films most included on users lists.

I'd like to sort the popular films on the site in a variety of ways. I am most interested in the most is "views". I'd be curious to see what the top 50 movies on Letterboxd are in "views" all time, this week, month, year.

And if we can sort the Letterboxd most popular in ratings, likes, lists - all that is good. But if all that isn't possible, then just views, please.

Thanks

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Error with Lists (Mobile and PC)

Once I click the "edit/delete" button the list shows the film's fine, however when I press "show list" or refresh the page, it won't display my changes at all. Would appreciate if you looked into this. Thank.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. A Letterboxd Reference Page for Oscar pools, All Cannes Winners List, that sort of thing

I think there should be a Letterboxd Account to host things like community wide Oscar Pools and other such things that get duplicated by multiple users every year. It could also be used as a repository for lists that shouldn't really have to be duplicated: things like "All Golden Palmes Winners" or "All Oscar Winners" or those sorts of things. You could just clone them from the original list makers, then users could clone the list for their own personal use. It is just such a shame to see so many such lists duplicated all over - they are quite…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We have considered this. The main drawback right now is the time required to oversee this in an official capacity, which we don’t have. Perhaps it needs to be a community-run thing under an official umbrella. We’re open to talking more about it!

12. Show last date watched on movie page

I was wondering if it was possible to show the last date you watched the film on its homepage?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Higher standard for "Top Rated Films"

I've noticed that finding good films to watch through sorting by highest rating has become difficult lately. A good example would be trying to sort by highest rating and narrowing the search to horror from the 2010s.

You will find that a bunch of the results are youtube videos, and the others only have 100 or so people who have even logged the film as watched.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but shouldn't there be a higher minimum for calling something "Top Rated"? Maybe like <1000 viewed or something like that? I use this site primarily for the ability to search for…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Opinion pieces (essay/article etc.)

I often find myself inspired whilst writing a review and instead of (only) writing about the film I watched, I end up with an opinion piece about a whole genre or a director or a filming technique etc. However, I never include them in the reviews because it doesn't feel like the right place. I feel like there should/could be a dedicated section for such pieces.

Letterboxd is described as ‘a social network for sharing your taste in film’ and we all know that taste is not developed through simply rating movies. We can also analyze and review; why do…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add likes to exported data

There's a file of ratings, but there doesn't seem to be data on which films I had "liked."

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Implement easier long list navigation

The the bottom of multiple-paged lists usually looks something like this:

1 … 7 8 9 10 11 … 83

The problem is, aside from the first and last page, you can't jump around on this list ... you can only crawl along two pages at a time until to get to where you want to be. Many forum threads and commercial sites deal with this issue by having a 'jump to page' feature, usually accessed by clicking on the elipsis ( ... ).

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. make a top browser bar for alphabetical film listing like you have for decades.

I have just joined Letterboxd and love it. I am in the LONG process of marking all the films I have seen and thought the best way to do that would be to browse alphabetically, but it would help a lot if there was an A-Z bar across the top of the alphabetical browse so that I could jump back to whatever letter I left off at instead of clicking through hundreds of pages to get there. Much like you have for the decades how you can select the decade, then each year within that decade.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to create Film Watching "Events"

A feature where any user can create a film watching Event. The films would be put in a list based on a certain set of criteria, either by theme, director, actor, etc. But where this differs from just any list is that there is a start and end date, and at each film there is somehow a way to discuss that movie on it's own and within the context of the Event (i.e. This is when Alfred Hitchcock started losing steam).

Having said all that, where this could REALLY come into play and be really cool is if you had…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. "Internal Server Error" when trying to edit HTML in "List Description". http://boxd.it/d4nU

Granted, there's a ton of HTML in this, but it seems to have been stable up until recently. Any tips or suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?

PS - Sorry if I'm misusing the feedback process.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. change the text in the Facebook publishing box

every time I post a review from your site using the Facebook icon in the share menu, when I click post it always says "Your review was not published" but the review is always successfully published. It's not a big issue but it's a little disconcerting that it keeps telling me it wasn't published with it was. Perhaps you can change the text to remove the "not" from a successfully published review?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base