I suggest you ...

Group lists in folders

I have a lot of private lists for organizing my opinions for films as well as information for my YouTube channel and Instagram, and I keep having to search through my list longer than I thought. I would really like to see folders be visible, so that folders are visible in the lists section, while lists that can stay out of folders can be visible normally in the same section. Please take this into consideration!

106 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kyle Fleck shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Example: A folder named "Movies by year" and inside that folder you find the lists by years.

• Andrew Milito commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think an ability to sort lists within a master list could be useful. For example, I have lists for each year in which I rank each new release of that year, but they often get cluttered within all of my other lists. Having an ability to collect all of these lists into one "master" list would make them easier to find and sort.

• DoubleDownAgain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! I have 64 lists at the moment and it's a pain trying to find an older one, would be great to be able to order them as well.

• Phips commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

any progress on this? i think it'd be a cool way to better keep track of all of our lists

• Brian Kelley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this idea. I'm creating what is essentially a list of lists chronicling a blog series and it's well over 500 films. I'm using notes to indicate different lists, but it's almost useless at this size. Would love to have a master list (or folder, whatever) to hold these "sub lists".

• Phips commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be great if we could group our own lists together..beyond using tags. Tags are used to help find a list/film/etc. when searching but grouping the lists would be good.

For instance: creating a "folder" (or something) inside the Lists aspect of your profile that you can title anything (ex: Rankings or Favorites etc.) and put individual lists into. That way you could put all your Favorite lists (Favorite Horror, Favorite Comedy, etc.) in one place and all your Rankings lists (Top 15, 2011 Ranked, etc.) into one place. We should be able to name each category folder whatever we want (up to 50 characters or something).

It would make the organization of lists better.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base