I suggest you ...

List Edit mode: Show ratings and fade watched (at least)

It would be very useful to sort and manage ranked lists if it's available in the edit mode the same filter and sort tools we have on a regular list. Or at least the most important: show the ratings and fade the watched.

Show the rating: I'm always updating the year's favorites list for instance and sorting films by group of stars so everytime I need to re-open the list in the detail mode to check what's the rating.

Fade watched: I like to use negative lists as a to-do list, so a film is erased after watched and is always painful to seek and remove them once it's spread. Grouping or highlighting in the edit mode will speed up this constant process.

I know there's some workarounds for these situations but simply using the same sort/filter tools we already have will improve the listing experience.

19 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tom Bramham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Echo this. Suggested in 2013 but still needs to happen.

This year I've started copying stars into the 'Add notes' bit for each film I add (e.g. ★ ★ ★ ½ )

This still means that I have to go into the notes of a film already in the list to copy and paste the star and half symbols as they're not readily available on a computer/phone keyboards! Still, I find this easier than going back and forth between edit mode and view mode to see my ratings.

There's also a very similar idea post - List Edit mode: Show ratings and fade watched (at least) - which has 12 votes.

• Tom Bramham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Echo this. Particularly re showing your own star rating.

This year I've started copying stars into the 'Add notes' bit for each film I add (e.g. ★ ★ ★ ½ )

This still means that I have to go into the notes of a film already in the list to copy and paste the star and half symbols as they're not readily available on a computer/phone keyboards! Still, I find this easier than going back and forth between edit mode and view mode to see my ratings.

• leshii commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really needs to happen. This seems like an oversight more than anything.

• Per Plex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently, whenever i want to create or edit a list, I can't see the star rating in edit mode.
    This is highly inconvenient: When I'm unsure of what star rating I've given movies I've seen long ago, and want to rank them, i have to place them in the list, then save, then look at the list in view mode, then go back to do the ranking in editing mode (or open new tabs).

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base