I suggest you ...

Add the ability to sort by list size

Lists are a great way to find similar/related films, but the function has been overrun by lists such as "2015 Films, Ranked"-- lists that are more about the user than the film. These lists may serve a purpose but when I'm looking at an obscure film with 95 "rank" lists and only 5 related to the actual content of the film, it's very frustrating.

Of course it's not feasible to ask users to mark their lists as such. Sorting by list size (smallest to largest) would be an elegant way to push the smaller, more thoughtfully curated lists to the top.

23 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Stacey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see this added as a filter rather than a sorting option. There's probably hundreds (if not more) lists out there that are just one or two movies that would end up at the top if you sort. I just want to be able to filter out lists with hundreds of entries that obviously aren't tightly curated.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pretty simple. The "lists" function's default is by popularity. The most popular lists are ones with hundreds if not thousands of movies listed. So the same lists are at the top of the page almost every time you look at that section. The most obvious solution is to filter the lists by popularity with the number of entires. That way the most popular lists (1000 movies to see before you die, weird movies, etc.) don't obscure all the other more interesting ones.

• Jaume Vaquer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you search "Sherlock Holmes" you can find from someone who has made a list of every SH film) to someone who ranks a lot less (the SH films he/she has seen). To be able to filter the most extensive lists from the shorter ones will be a help...

• Mason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to look at my liked lists and see them in order by the list with the least amount of movies on it to the list with the most

• Mason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like a way to see the order of lists I've liked/created by the number of movies on them

• Movie Maestro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if we could sort lists by the number of films they contain, among other variables, but specifically that one.

One case where it would come in handy is when I'm searching for 2014 ranked lists. On the first several pages a whole bunch of entries with 1 to 5 titles pop up, and I see few if any substantial lists with more than 10 films. It would be awesome if we could see the bigger lists first and foremost.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base