I suggest you ...

Sort films by Letterboxd Rating

I would really love this! Also, would it be possible to make an advanced sorting options tab/advanced view tab? With, for example, only view films in list X?

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Twodark shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
started  ·  AdminMatthew Buchanan (CEO / Founder, Letterboxd) responded  · 

We’re in the process of making where we show the various sorting options more consistent. You can already sort in a number of screens by avg rating.

(And you can sort a list using this rating too, so not sure what you’re asking for here!)

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminMatthew Buchanan (CEO / Founder, Letterboxd) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Brendan Popularity is a sort order based on the amount of activity for a film. The more activity (no matter what the rating) the higher the popularity. It’s a "trending" metric.

We do also offer a sort order for lists of films that is based on the film’s average rating. This is generally "Average Rating" in the sort options on the page. We’ll soon be ading Your Rating/Your Friend’s Rating as options too (where this makes sense).

More complex combinations is probably something someone can do with our API, but not a focus for us right now.

• Brendan Sweeney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to get a lot more sort options into the film view. Most notably, sort by average letterboxd rating (which I thought was what was meant by 'popularity').

But stuff like number of users who have it listed as a favorite, or have it marked as watched, or marked as 'liked'. Or ratio of liked:watched.

This would open up a lot of interesting options for finding, say… which of your 5 star movies the fewest people have seen. Or which ones have the lowest liked:watched ratio. Or… all kinds of stuff.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base