I suggest you ...

Stop ratings and reviews for unreleased movies

As simple as that, open this settings only a couple days/weeks before the actual launch.

21 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chris R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just looked at the new Halloween film and it already has a bunch of ratings. Why is this allowed? It just encourages the trolls and attention seekers. You haven't seen the film, it's not out, so stop messing up the average rating!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. It's always some nonsense. Ratings and review section should be completely disabled until release. Most of the time there's an embargo and reviews aren't supposed to be out anyways.

• Paul Walker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get that this is tricky to do with festivals and preview screenings etc, but it's so disheartening to look on the page of an upcoming movie and see it flooded with reviews of people simply talking about the trailer or making jokes about what they think it'll be. We all know this is just an easy way to get likes because seeing entries for big name upcoming movies is very eyecatching, but it's disappointing because it causes actual reviews to be buried when the movie comes up.

This is something that seems to be growing more and more common on the website, and it's very annoying.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base