I suggest you ...

Add MPAA Ratings!

Perhaps there's a good reason for you NOT to include film ratings next to each film, but I feel like it's important enough information that it should be included at least somewhere. I have to exit the app to find out if the movie is rated R or not... a bit strange?

25 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have wildly conservative parents. I know that Letterboxd is coming out of New Zealand, and I'm unfamiliar with any content ratings board outside of the MPAA, but any would work. Having an easier time recommending movies to see with my dad and mom would be fantastic. I usually go to my highest rated unseen to try and find a suggestion, but have to click through to the IMDB on each one,

The ability to sort by highest rated, unseen, PG-13 or lower movie would be yet another amazing use case on your amazing site, and I believe content rating exists currently within the TMDB API. It would also be helpful to search for PG or lower whenever I want to suggest something to my kids, which they will inevitably turn down in favor of watching Trolls Holiday again. But still, I like to be part of the process, even if it is as the foil to reject and sneer at.

MPAA might be a bit too American-centric for such an international sight - but any sort of content rating would be of frequent use to me personally.

Even if the MPAA (or other content rating board) ratings were just on the details page where applicable, that would be nice.

right now, i can't see the film's ratings ( PG, R, etc.) unless I hit the IMDB button. It should show under your description of the movie.

• Arun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A lot of people ask me to recommend films for their kids or films that would be suitable for a family viewing. Usually I share my diary link and ask them to pick based on the star rating. Even if a movie is great cinema it may not be appropriate for a certain age group or social group. It would be great if you could enable a feature to display the Film content rating or certification depending on the country of origin. This would help people select films using a combination of both the film rating and the content rating.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Display the MPAA rating of a film next to it's title, both on the search results page and on the film page

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base