Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • nikai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i think this is a great idea! i would love to be able to have the ability to like other people's comments without having to always reply back to them. i also believe that an ability to dislike comments would go great with this idea.

• TelephonePole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am against this as well. I look at YouTube... where the dislike button doesn't work, but the functioning like button brings in terrible things.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am against this idea. I think that the up/down-voting system often ruins online debate - it descends in to a popularity contest (i.e. who can give the quippiest response) and/or results in a group of users ganging up on a user they don't like.

• Julian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have encountered the problem of loving/hating a comment but not being able to express my appreciation/disappointment without having to reply to it. I would love for there to be a like/dislike option on comments so I can fully express myself without ruining the comment section's aesthetic.

• Lucy Alice Whitten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not like facebook.... but hey... Letterboxd is BETTER THAN THIS. I see quotes or very very appropriate comments on reviews or lists ALL THE TIME..... I go to like it, but then I can't. Something simple yet effective, in my opinion anyway :) My urge to like needs to be fullfilled. Ive already added most of Letterboxd to my watchlist, liked every review, followed every person........... etc etc. WE NEED A LIKE BUTTON FOR COMMENTS, thank you, bye :)

• Nathan Lawrence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A lot of other sites do this, but it might be nice to be able to see if people agree with you or not when you comment. Letterboxd has a nice, consistent language for liking things already, and extending this out to comments seems like a no-brainer.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base