I suggest you ...

Notify me on who has unfollowed me?

I find it incredibly frustrating when people will follow me just so that they can get a follow in return but then they'll unfollow you afterwards. all because it'll make them look more credible as a reviewer when they clearly never got those followers genuinely.

my point is someone who follows 1000 people but also has 1000 followers looks more like someone who's clearly been liking random accounts for likes in return.

Whereas someone with 1000 followers and only following 200 other people looks more like the established and genuine popular reviewers.

So i would love to simply know who has unfollowed me so i can cross check it with when they added me (as you get notified when someone does follow you by email) it's such a simple feature which would stop this whole fake followings thing which has pleagued Letterboxd.

A lot of the 'top' reviewers are doing this, which means regardless of their content they will undoubtedly get more likes as they're content has reach 1000s people as apposed to a couple hundred.

Could we have a fix for this please?

43 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jay shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ronney singh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this so difficult? Can you not make the follower/following section similar to any other website's? Like 'friends' on Facebook? It's really difficult to see who has unfollowed me without checking through literally every single profile that has followed me.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base