I suggest you ...

Why was The Young Pope removed?

Since Paolo Sorrentino's The Young Pope (2016) is a limited series and TMDb allows miniseries to be added to their movie section, I added it on TMDb and it showed up here on Letterboxd. So far, so good.

But as you may know, TMDb is revising their categorization of miniseries and on August 20 all of them will be moved to their TV section. The TMDb moderator Lineker told me, "There will very likely be a solution in place before August 20 where certain TV-entries can be imported to LB from the TV-section... LB are aware of what's coming and they are thinking about how to go ahead with this."

In the meantime, somehow The Young Pope entry in the TMDb movie section was removed. Lineker apologized, "Sorry about that. It seems some moderators may already have started the deletions or it was a simple mistake." But according to the same response, that is not directly the reason it disappeared from Letterboxd. Lineker said, "Entries are only removed from Letterboxd if someone reports them to them (or if the entry is set to video:true or adult:true). So it seems somebody must have contacted them about that entry."

So now I ask Letterboxd: Why was The Young Pope (2016) removed?

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)