I suggest you ...

Watchlist - Who and Where

When I add something to my Watchlist, there are two critical pieces of information I'd like to be able to include:

1) Who told me about the movie or where did I hear about it.
2) Where I plan to watch it.

Examples:

a) the Inside Streaming newsletter recommended I watch a film on Netflix. I put it in my Watchlist but over time I'll forget why I did or where I can watch it.
b) a friend at work recommends I watch a movie he/she saw on TCM last night. When I put it in my watch list I'd like to add the name of who recommended it to me (hopefully they are a Letterboxd user too!) and where they said I could watch it.

95 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jon Lusty shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Damian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be hugely helpful to me. Did I stumble across the film in an article somewhere? Was it a personal recommendation from someone whose taste I trust? Anything would help when it's movie night and I'm navigating a list of a couple hundred movies and can't remember why some of them are there.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add comments to my watchlist, but I don't seem to have a feature or space to do it.
    Thanks!!

• Francois commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I echo all the previous commenters here. I regularly forget why I added something to my watchlist. It may be a friend's recommendation, or it may be a particularly convincing review. (Please allow URLs in the notes.) This is by far my most wanted feature.

• Jessie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love a place to write a note for each movie in my watchlist, to track where the recommendation for the movie came from/what prompted me to want to watch it/where I can see it online/etc.

Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A note would make possible to write a small comment for example:
    -Mentioned by Kubrick
    -Has very beautiful Photography
    -Excellent performance of the main actor
    -Won Oscar of best original soundtrack

• fommes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too would love to have private notes to films, not just in your watchlist but especially in the diary entry - when you click a film you've seen you first go to your own page of the film - it would be great to have a possibility to write up a couple of notes on the film that remain private to you, besides the public review.
    Such a private notes option could have various reasons: to note why you watched a film, to write down ideas you had about a film (without needing to write up a review right away), to take note of striking scenes in a film for yourself so that you can remember it much later, and so on.
    Is such an option in the works?

• Lise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love this idea. I just encountered a scenario where it would have been mighty helpful. I created a list for films I wanted to see in 2013. Then I thought why create a list? I can just add them to my watchlist and sort by date to see all of the 2013 entries. So I deleted the list. Then I had to recreate the list because I wanted to know why I wanted to see those films in particular (won at Cannes? Director I like? etc), especially when it comes to selecting the films I want to see that will be playing at TIFF. So yeah, adding notes to films in the watchlist would be great. I'm not sure how it could work, though. I mean, a film disappears from the watchlist the minute it is watched, so the notes would leave with it, which is fine as long as people know they will lose the notes in that case.

• mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It'd be nice to be able to add comments to each movie in your watchlist or list of movies you've seen. Personally, I would use it to write a comment as to why I added it to my watchlist in the first place.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base