I suggest you ...

Make the form timeout longer

My way of web browsing is opening up a ton of tabs and then working through them. I often find that the underlying form that handles reviewing/voting etc has timed out when I submit it, which means I lose my work and have to reload the page. (Orange notification box after submit)

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Steve shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Once you see the CSRF timeout (orange notification), you shouldn’t need to refresh the page. Simply save again and the second time your action should work, as the missing token is regenerated when the notification is shown.

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • faithx5 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I usually find I have to refresh the page. Hitting submit again just repeats the orange notification that it can't submit the form.

My bigger problem with this is that you don't even have to be in the submit process for the "form" to time out. I often leave my diary page open when I get pulled away to something else, sometimes for hours or even a day. The next day I hit the Letterboxd tab, start to add another film, get all the way through the process, and then it gives me the error. Why can't it tell me when I click the "add movie" button that it needs to reload the page first or something? Why let me get all the way through the process and then tell me the form timed out? Especially since that's counterintuitive because from an end-user perspective, there was no form on the screen when I started, so the perception is that the form timed out in the 90 seconds or so that it took me to fill in the movie information and add my review.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base