I suggest you ...

Recommendations

I think "recommendation" will be a killer feature of the site, even if it doesn't approach the philosophy behind letterboxd (being a social site).
Moreover now that you are at the beta stage, meaning fewer users, less probability of "friends", the recommendation of a movie based on my most liked movies or the highest rating, it'll be a great way of discovering new movies.
I know that technically it will very challenging or maybe you have even think about it.

2,068 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    gsiotas shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

68 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Stephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is virtually the only reason I am looking into letterboxd. I was sad to see it missing. If it is not implemented I cannot imagine a use for this site

• Normunds Rustanovics commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please look at Movielens recommendation engine. It's genius and works very well. It analyzes your and other ratings, and looks for movies that other people with your taste liked. Then it gives you an estimate of how stars you would give to a particular movie. After you have rated a few hundred movies, the engine works very well. I love the Letterboxd design, and would move away from Movielens if you had CSV import from their site, and a similar recomendation engine.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes @pwerspire! The possibility to recommend a movie to one friend! There's no complex algorithm needed, but it would make the site more "social".
        Actually, that should be one of the main points, as the site is about "social network for filmlovers" the option to recommend films to another user is a must-have!

• Charles Talibard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rather than recommending films, which I agree isn't a 'social feature', perhaps letterboxed could recommend people to follow. This would be based on how closely they agree with you on film ratings.

• mykingalex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this was definitely my first thought: to become recommendations would be the topping! killer feature!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not that technically challenging, but I agree this would be a killer feature. Please also include a weighting for friends' ratings as well as general social matching.

1 2 4 Next →

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base