I suggest you ...

Collaborate on a list or watchlist

Allow a list being 'open' which then users can follow a list and add films to it. This will result in much more list activity and complete film lists.

Take for example http://letterboxd.com/pablos/list/special-powers/. I can easily add 10 more movies without any effort to make the list more complete.

Optional: to demotivate abuse, submitted films must be allowed by the list owner before being added.

395 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Arjen OosterkampArjen Oosterkamp shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

me and my brothers want to have a list a movies we all contribute to so there is a place we can go to figure out a movie to watch.

• MarkMark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I watch a lot of movies and collaborate with friends on what movies to watch. I also make lists for friends of movies they should watch and it would be cool if they could edit the list I make once they watch the move. Almost like a group todo list of movies to watch. Once they watch it they could check it out etc...

• BrashBirdBrashBird commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In a group with the ability to see witch films are seen by who.

Me and my roommates need this feature really hard! =]

• billybilly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we have this implemented ASAP!
        I am at film school and all 81 students would love a collaborative playlist!
        Please

I would love to be able to have a joint to-watch list with my partner so we can both add films we want to see.

The idea is to be able to create a list but share it only with specific people, and also be able to edit it between themselves.

For instance: my wife and I have very different tastes in movies but we like to watch a movie together when we discover that we are both interested in the same one, but we like to exchange ideas just between us. And by having the option for both of us to edit the list we can compile it much easier, there would be no need to send links ex. via e-mail so that the creator of the list can add them.

Another example: when planning a movie night it's difficult to exchange ideas but if we could all edit the same list then this could go much faster. And because the movie night is something we will keep between ourselves we would like the list to be limited.

• DamianDamian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1) I assumed Letterboxd had this feature when I signed up, was surprised it didn't
        2) How has it been five years since this suggestion and it's still not implemented?
        3) seriously!

• Allison MarachAllison Marach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there,

I think a really great feature would allow multiple members to edit a list. I have a film club with a couple of friends and we use Letterboxd to keep track of what we're going to watch. It would be amazing if the two other people in the group could add and edit the list as well.

• fnordboyfnordboy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this isn't already allowed. A collaborative list functionality is a no brainer IMO. Please make it so.

• WillWill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see this feature added for many of the reasons listed below!

• LolaLola commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to have this feature! I'm working on a "Movies Filmed in Toronto" list and would like to let a friend add to it as well.

I'd also love this - I want to create a watchlist with my girlfriend and was really hoping I could use my letterboxd account. Would be great if I could get her to sign up and then authorise her on one of my lists.

I am so glad this has been suggested. I really want to collaborate on my lists.

• MalMal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for this idea - I would like to see the option to invite collaborators (by email address) to join in helping to build a list. The list owner would need the power to remove collaborators and potentially delete specific items.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base