I suggest you ...

Collaborate on a list or watchlist

Allow a list being 'open' which then users can follow a list and add films to it. This will result in much more list activity and complete film lists.

Take for example http://letterboxd.com/pablos/list/special-powers/. I can easily add 10 more movies without any effort to make the list more complete.

Optional: to demotivate abuse, submitted films must be allowed by the list owner before being added.

624 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Arjen Oosterkamp shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

41 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also would love and use this feature. Please do it! I'd use the site twice as much.

still nothing eh? Whats sad is that this is not a crazy hard thing to implement yet it could be huge. How do they not see this? People have group chats with all their close friends. Why not a movie list chat?

Just started getting into Letterboxd. This feature would be so great for my friends and I to coordinate movie nights.

• JD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this a thing. C'mon - it's a must for film-clubs.

This to me seems like a really really good feature.
    It would be awesome if it could be implemented!

I would love to be able to start a list and be able to add contributors for communal watchlists, ideas, etc...

Feature for Mobile ass well as Web, add collaborators to any user list.
    1) Collaborators should be, of course, a site member.
    2) Only Owner can add collaborators (as many as he wants)
    3) Once added, collaborators can add any film, without restrictions
    4) If the list changes, a notification will be send to all collaborators (also owner).
    5) There must be an option to mute notifications on list modifications actions

I am a movie fan, and i want to create a custom list with my girlfiend. I offer myself to develop this feature for free in android apps, thats what i do for living!

Thks a lot!!!

• mccorgi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

my best friend and i love this site. we bond over films a lot, and we'd love to make lists together. it's been 6 years since this has been suggested and "approved" but nothing has happened yet?! i didn't even know this site had been around since 2011!

• Muz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So it'd be cool to make lists so that you and whoever you add as an admin to that list can make changes.

me and my brothers want to have a list a movies we all contribute to so there is a place we can go to figure out a movie to watch.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I watch a lot of movies and collaborate with friends on what movies to watch. I also make lists for friends of movies they should watch and it would be cool if they could edit the list I make once they watch the move. Almost like a group todo list of movies to watch. Once they watch it they could check it out etc...

← Previous 1 3

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base