I suggest you ...

Match (and compare) members with similar taste

Add a match button to every profile so you can check immediately if somebody has the same taste as you.

You can use the like and/or rating of a movie to produce a list of similar movies/similar profile or a similar %.

1,781 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
jazzurri shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

48 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • snorfle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes yes yes 1000x yes. Something like what Last.fm has (and what Netflix used to have) would be great. Both with your friends and random people (the latter so you could find out who you might want to add as a new friend).

• Andrew James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another idea that goes along with this would be a Rotten Tomatoes style rating at the top of each title page. But this rating would be based off of the people you follow. So if I go to the title page for "Days of Thunder", I can see right at the top of the page that the average score all of the people I follow (and or the entire letterboxd community at large) have given this movie a 3.4 - or something like that.

<b>To be clear:</b> I AM NOT SUGGESTING INTEGRATING ROTTEN TOMATOES FRESH RATING ON THE SITE. Just something similar that uses the scores of people you follow to give a "fresh rating".

• Charles Talibard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please. Also, on my 'network' page, show me recommendations of who to follow based on compatibility so I don't have to go searching for them.

• Andrew James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Netflix used to have this ability and would give you a "compatibility rating" with your friends. They took this away and I was devastated. Would be awesome if this came back with Letterboxd.

1 3 Next →

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base