I suggest you ...

Show related movies in the TMDb Collection (like sequels, other films in a trilogy or series)

122 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Giovanni Villegas shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The idea is that on every /film/... side there will be a column where similar films are recommended. So for example when you're visiting the "letterboxd.com/film/alien/" on the very left or right there will be the film-covers (just like on the lists) among themselves of "Aliens", "Alien 3", "Alien: Resurrection", "The Thing", etc...So you can basically click through films, just like you can click through videos on youtube.
        That would be a really great tool to find new films in my opinion.

• Anna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement this if possible. I am migrating from imdb and this is the one function I miss here.

• megan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Show similar/related movies when you're on the page of a particular movie

• Jeff Maher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love this idea. When I click on Frankenstein (1931), it would show Bride of Frankenstein, Son of Frankenstein, etc... As TMDB would show, Part of the: Frankenstein (Universal Series). Maybe in another column/row, it could show similar entries (like the Hammer Frankenstein series)

• Paul Rankin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this. Or better yet: don't include collections at all. Putting the three Lord of the Rings movies in a box together does not create a new film.

• pileofcrowns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually #5 and #6 are dumb ideas because the component movies on TMDB are always being changed by people including adding movies that haven't been released to the collection etc.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base