I suggest you ...

Why do I need to enter my email when I submit feedback?

I'm already logged into the site. Why not use my user credentials?

And why is it my responsibility to browse other feedback that's been posted? I don't like the left-hand sidebar for similar feedback.

I know this is a plug-and-play third party app, but still - it feels like the feedback won't get the respect I think it deserves.

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
A W shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To our knowledge it’s not possible to use our own login system for supplying feedback via UserVoice. The idea of perusing what’s been posted is to avoid duplicate feedback; but we appreciate that not everyone wants to spend time on this, so we try to merge similar ideas when we can.

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • cwisniewski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I disagree with "A W' on one point: I'm glad to see the dynamically-built list of potential matches for feedback that others have left from keywords 'mI enter into my own potential suggestion, for in my case it clearly prevented me from generating a duplicate entry in your feedback database, which is all the worse for usefully setting (and reading) demand for this or that feature via voting statistics.

But I do wish that you could find a way to automate the creation of user profiles in UserVoice (I think it's a great add-on)--which is to say the use of the same e-mail address and the same password---and automatically log users into the system when and if the user visits the UserVoice-managed feedback system. "A W" is correct with respect to his primary concern, I also found it somewhat irritating that I had to create one more profile for a web site when I'm already logged into yours. I n my case, I was already in the throws of searching and commenting on an already present suggestion when I discovered that I had to stop and first register myself with the feedback system, confirm that registration, and then find my way back to the entry I was replying against before that interruption. UserVoice includes a feature called "Single Sign-On" with their (unfortunately, perhaps, given what must be a fairly tight budget for a small start-up) two highest-end plans, premium and ultimate. So if (or when) you can afford it, check into that.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base