I suggest you ...

more flexible RSS feed

I'd quite like to import my reviews onto my blog, with a link to letterboxd. However, it seems that my RSS feed also contains other activity such as adding items to lists.

If there was a neat way to get a link to more specific RSS feed that didn't have a confusing UX that'd be really helpful.

For example Flickr has a link on each page to subscribe to update for that page. My photostream's RSS link is for all my photos, but the RSS link on the page for a particular album only contains updates to that album.

It needn't be that flexible. Perhaps a drop-down menu from the RSS logo with "All activity, reviews only, list updates,..." options might work?

61 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Charles Talibard shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Gord Sellar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It'd be nice if we could choose features on a custom RSS feed, actually. I for example would like to be able to have images for the films in my RSS feed, so that when I embed the feed in the sidebar, I get more than just text.

(I think a widget like Librarything uses would be the best: then people who want styling would get styling, and you could also set up rotating image animations and so on.)

One reason I signed up was because the site looks so good... I expected that aesthetic would translate to letting me present my data with similar beauty via a widget that would encourage clickthroughs. But the block of text I'm getting in my sidebar now isn't likely to send you much traffic! :)

• theNomad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would also like a stable RSS with various options like my diary/reviews/ratings, or friends ratings/diary

• Jenny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this. I would love to display my film diary on my blog, but it seems like my stream has just one article that hasn't been updated since my very first time I used Letterboxd, about six weeks and 800 added movies ago ...

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base