I suggest you ...

more flexible RSS feed

I'd quite like to import my reviews onto my blog, with a link to letterboxd. However, it seems that my RSS feed also contains other activity such as adding items to lists.

If there was a neat way to get a link to more specific RSS feed that didn't have a confusing UX that'd be really helpful.

For example Flickr has a link on each page to subscribe to update for that page. My photostream's RSS link is for all my photos, but the RSS link on the page for a particular album only contains updates to that album.

It needn't be that flexible. Perhaps a drop-down menu from the RSS logo with "All activity, reviews only, list updates,..." options might work?

61 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Charles Talibard shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gord Sellar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It'd be nice if we could choose features on a custom RSS feed, actually. I for example would like to be able to have images for the films in my RSS feed, so that when I embed the feed in the sidebar, I get more than just text.

(I think a widget like Librarything uses would be the best: then people who want styling would get styling, and you could also set up rotating image animations and so on.)

One reason I signed up was because the site looks so good... I expected that aesthetic would translate to letting me present my data with similar beauty via a widget that would encourage clickthroughs. But the block of text I'm getting in my sidebar now isn't likely to send you much traffic! :)

• theNomad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would also like a stable RSS with various options like my diary/reviews/ratings, or friends ratings/diary

• Jenny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this. I would love to display my film diary on my blog, but it seems like my stream has just one article that hasn't been updated since my very first time I used Letterboxd, about six weeks and 800 added movies ago ...

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base