I suggest you ...

Make it easier to add films to TMDB

At the moment it is too much hassle to add films to the TMDB so that they may show up on Letterboxd. Perhaps if we could just submit the title and a link to the imdb page I would add many more films.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
David shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminMatthew Buchanan (CEO / Founder, Letterboxd) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We pull every six hours, as that is how long TMDb’s API caches entries for. I’m not sure why artwork doesn’t come through, other than it may be a delay at TMDb’s end for some reason.

We are planning to add a mechanism to allow you to import films immediately if they are new additions to TMDb. We’ll hopefully get that into our upcoming release, if not it will follow shortly.

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Matthew,

How frequently does Letterboxd update from TMDb? Part of the process that's frustrating here is that even if you take the time to add the movie to the site, you may not see it on Letterboxd for a few hours, or in cases of updating artwork, a few days.

It doesn't seem like it's updating at any regular interval. Can you give us some insight?

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see. That's a bummer. Oh well, ever so slight nuisance in an otherwise top notch site.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base