I suggest you ...

Bug? Reviews not displayed in diary

My 4 most recently viewed films are not displaying the "review" icon next to them in Diary mode. I think the problem is that the film is being logged twice: once when I said I viewed it on this date, and then again when I add my review. Perhaps only the first instance (without the review) is being shown in the diary?

It would be good if the review link showed up in the diary regardless of when it was logged. It's the only clear indicator we have of films we have or have yet to review.

In fact, it would be great if we when we could simply input a review to a film we've already logged as seen without creating a 2nd log. I can understand another log being useful for 2nd viewing or something, but if the Review field is empty on a logged film, it seems to make sense to just insert the Review and have it count as the same log. Ohhh I don't know if I'm getting across here. Seems confusing.

Point is this: Enter film as seen. Go back tomorrow and insert review. Review counts as 2nd log. Should count as first because there was no review in the first.

0 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Lise shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can add a review to a log entry after the fact. If you go back to an existing log entry, you’ll see an option to Edit it/Add a review. This is the preferred method for sure.

To fix your diary, you could copy your reviews onto the original log entries and then delete the duplicate entries.

In future we might ask you if you wish to add a review to an existing diary entry at the time you submit it, I guess this would help?

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Matthew, Yeah, I noticed that edit button next to the entry when in full diary mode after I wrote this. Your suggestion would work, i.e. asking if we wanted to associate the review with an existing diary entry. It's just a little confusing as it stands now, at least for newbies.

Thanks for the reply. I'm surprised you were able to make sense of my rushed comment. I'm usually much better when beta-testing ;-)

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base