I suggest you ...

better compariosns

Loving the site in general but I find what I really like doing is seeing how my friends have rated films. You can do this but it's about 3 click from each film's page. I think on the right side bar where you have "watched By" you should maybe rather than just show the avataar of the people who's veen it to show 5 people, friends as priority and their ratings. Then have a "More" button to see all your friends's ratings or everyone's ratings.

I'd also like to be able to have at a glance ratings comparisons for actors and directors or film series. Would be nice to be able to see how I've rated De Niro films over his career for example on one page. Or my ratings of the Star Wars films over the series. Would also be nice if I could pick a friend to compare their ratings with mine.

Basically once this goes live and gets as popular as I think it will you'll have a massive amount of data and it would be really nice to have some cool tools to analyse that data.

It's a great site though. Can;t wait for it to go public.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Some good stuff here. We’ve toyed with inline ratings for friends on film pages, but haven’t hit on a layout which works but doesn’t busy up the page any more than it is already.

We plan to make the Diary-style layout an option for more pages (such as actors/directors) which will help with your second point.

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base