I suggest you ...

Create an empty placeholder for lists

I would like to be able to add an empty placeholder to mark a division in a list. Better yet, this placeholder should contain editable text, and I should be able to place multiples in a list, with unique text in each one.

Why? When you create a list like <a href="http://letterboxd.com/lise/list/best-samurai-films-recommendations-needed/">Best Samurai Films - recommendations needed</a> you may want to move the films you've seen to the top of the list. You want to divide those you've seen from the others. I had to use Yojimbo as the marker. But a blank black placeholder in which I could have typed: "Films I've seen to the left" or "end of films I've seen" would be great.

On other popular use for it: A list about remakes or directors' best works. Placeholders can always be used in between sets of film thumbnails to indicate a stop. In this case they could even be left blank. Three film thumbnails - placeholder - four film thumbnails - placeholder and now you've got an easily read list of two directors' best works.

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Lise shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Bob Hovey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea. I've got a list of submarine movies, I'd love to be able to add a blank line that I could put heading labels on, like "Pre-WWII," "WWII," "Cold War," etc... instead of having to add a note to each film.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base